Crutchfield and its people touch the lives of others every day, through volunteer involvement and charitable giving. Our people in Charlottesville, Harrisonburg, and Norton, Virginia are proud to help a large number of diverse non-profit organizations every year. Our focus areas include education, disease research and prevention, community services, and the arts. If you would like to request a donation, please refer to our donation guidelines at the bottom of this page.
Where are we active?
Leadership, partnership & volunteering
Along with Crutchfield’s own donations of time, money, and products, many of our employees are board members, community volunteers, and organizers of major community events.
Our folks are currently and have been involved with the Charlottesville-Albemarle SPCA, the UVA Board of Visitors, UVA Health Services Foundation Board, Charlottesville/Albemarle Airport Authority Board, the American Heart Association, Light House Studio, the Charlottesville Area School Business Alliance, United Way - Thomas Jefferson Area, the MS Society, the Toy Lift, the March of Dimes, the Free Clinic, CART Charlottesville Area Riding Therapy, and local fire departments, among many others.
Our charitable giving includes
Crutchfield is passionate about bringing art and entertainment to life. We support music venues, community theaters, music festivals, public radio and more.
Bill Crutchfield believes that quality education leads to positive choices. With that in mind, we contribute to local schools, universities, and school/business alliances.
Disease Research and Prevention
Bill is a passionate believer in wellness, and it doesn’t stop at making fitness and health opportunities available to his employees. He has served on the University of Virginia Medical Center Operating Board, and we further extend those efforts through contributions to local organizations and hospitals that research and treat diseases of the heart, lungs, and kidneys, Alzheimer's, multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy, arthritis, and birth defects.
Through our support of local organizations that provide affordable housing, fire and rescue services, literacy campaigns, assistance for disadvantaged community members, and more, we realize our mission to be responsible community stewards.
How to request a donation
Crutchfield's charitable donations are given to non-profit organizations in Charlottesville, Harrisonburg, and Norton, Virginia. We focus our giving in the areas of education, disease research and prevention, community services, and the arts.
All requests must include the following information:
- Contact information: name, mailing address, email address, and phone number, so we can let you know if you are getting a donation, and so we can send you a tax receipt
- Information about your organization: name, mission, goals, accomplishments, governance, and geographical area served
- Information about your event: when, where, what you are doing, who you are raising funds for, and how the proceeds will be used
- If product is being requested, please be specific as to the nature of the need (is this a raffle/auction item, or will it be used by your organization for its daily needs?)
- Due Date: Please let us know when you need to hear back from us about your requested donation. Please be sure to submit your request at least 2 weeks prior to this date.
- TAX FORMS – In order to make a donation, we need a copy the following tax exempt documents (not just the ID number):
- Federal: (Required for all donations) We need a copy of the IRS Letter of Determination (501c3) or a signed and completed W-9 verifying the organization's tax exempt status. Please note, due to recent changes in the W-9 form, our accounting department can only accept the newest version of the W-9 dated Dec. 2014. (Blank copy available upon request.)
- State: For product donations, we also use the Virginia Retail Sales and Use Tax Exempt form to pay sales tax on your charitable donation. Please either include this form, or state clearly if you do not have one, so we know how to process the donation.
Requests can be mailed to:Crutchfield Corporation
1 Crutchfield Park
Charlottesville, VA 22911
Requests can be emailed to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Please remember to attach the required tax exempt forms.
Requests can be faxed to:
For more information, please contact:
Phone: 1.434.817.1000 x2099
Office Hours: M-F 8am to 5pm