We want you to enjoy the items you purchase from Crutchfield. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.
- You may choose an exchange or a refund for the full amount of the items you purchased.
- Refunds must be issued to the same credit card, debit card, gift certificate, or other form of payment used in the original transaction.
- The money-back guarantee does not apply to prepaid installations, and navigation map upgrades once the installation or map upgrade has been performed.
- Crutchfield may refuse a customer return or charge a restocking fee when the returned item is not like new. Examples of conditions that will lead to refused returns or restocking fees include:
- Returned item is a different serial number than the one Crutchfield originally shipped.
- Returned item is missing parts or the original product packing material.
- Returned item was damaged because it was improperly packaged for return shipment.
- Returned item has been heavily used (such as when a camera shutter counter shows that more than 300 pictures have been taken).
How to make a return
Step 1 — Get a Return Authorization
Request a return authorization online or by calling 1-800-955-9091. Please call if your item was shipped by freight carrier, was shipped direct from the manufacturer, or involves a defective product.
Step 2 — Pack your items carefully
Return items in the original packaging, complete with all original accessories and manuals. To protect products in shipping, Crutchfield over-boxes most products. Please use the original over-box and the manufacturer’s packaging.
Step 3 — Attach the shipping label
For most returns, you will receive a UPS Authorized Return Service (ARS) shipping label along with your return authorization number. Remove or mark out the original labels, then securely tape one completed ARS label to each package.
Step 4 — Give the package to UPS
Take it to any official UPS drop-off site. For the location nearest you, call 1-800-742-5877 or visit www.ups.com.
How will I know if you've received my return?
We will email or mail you a letter confirming that the return was processed. If you used an ARS tag to return your product, you can trace your package using the tracking number and calling UPS at 1-800-742-5877 or visiting www.ups.com.
How long does it take Crutchfield to process my return?
After we receive your package, we normally process your exchange or refund within two business days.
Return shipping costs
- For most returns, Crutchfield can issue you an UPS Authorized Return Shipping (ARS) label for a flat fee of $10 per package. Let us know how many packages you're returning, and we’ll send a label for each package via email, fax, or US mail.
- Some items, like larger TVs, furniture, and large tower speakers require special freight shipping, and cost more to return. Larger TVs carry a $125-$175 return freight fee. Larger tower speakers carry a $50 return freight fee. For more details, please call 1-800-955-9091.
- The return shipping costs are deducted from your merchandise credit or refund.
- You are responsible for any international shipping charges or duties. UPS ARS labels are not valid for international shipping or shipping from US territories other than Puerto Rico.
Learn about our shipping policy
Retail store returns (Charlottesville & Harrisonburg)
How do I return an item I bought at your retail store?
Please return the item at either one of our retail stores. However, if you're unable to do so, you may call 1-800-955-9091 and make arrangements to ship the item back to us.
I bought an item online or over the phone. May I return it to your retail store?
Most likely, yes. Please give us a call at 1-800-955-9091 to make arrangements prior to arriving at the store.