Alex J's 2001 Cadillac Deville
- Kenwood Excelon KVT-717DVD DVD/CD player with 7" video screen
- Kenwood KGC-9044 Full-DIN passive EQ/crossover
- Kenwood KFC-1660S 6-1/2" 2-way car speakers
- MA Audio 4 channel amp (500 watts)
- Memphis Audio 1" tweeters(4)
- Memphis Audio mono block subwoofer amp (1100 watts)
- JL Audio 15" Woofers (2)
- Rockford Fosgate 1-Farad Capacitor w/digital monitor
- Rockford Fosgate Gel cell battery
I wanted an installation that would not interfere with my everyday commute, so I chose to sink the amps into the trunk floor allowing me space for groceries or luggage. The JL Audio equipment provided me with that killer punch that I was looking for. My entire trunk area and side panels were sprayed with noise protection. The entire install took approx. 4 days, with most of that time being spent on the trunk area.
Why did you decide to upgrade your A/V system?
I love music, and I had a lot of peer pressure. All of my friends have outrageous sounds.
What's the first thing you show people about your installation?
Has to be the trunk install.
Why did you choose these products?
They work well together, and give me the power that I need.
What was the most difficult part of the installation?
Choosing a head unit.
What plans, if any, do you have for future upgrades?
Trunk actuators, custom paint, and a body drop modify.
|Receiver and single-DIN equalizer installed.|
|Rockford Fosgate Gel cell battery.|
|JL Audio 15" subwoofers.|
|Plenty of power in the trunk.|
|Rockford Fosgate wiring keeps everything properly connected.|