Brandon M's 2001 Dodge Stratus RT
Joshua Crane has enjoyed working for Crutchfield since 2007. As a Crutchfield Advisor (known to his customers as "Kramer"), he helps find solutions for customers shopping for new gear. Joshua also occasionally hosts videos for us and helped run the Custom Car Showroom for a while, which features do-it-yourself installations by Crutchfield customers. In his spare time, he teaches guitar and music theory, and enjoys live bluegrass whenever possible.
More from Joshua Crane
- Pioneer AVH-P5000DVD DVD Receiver
- Alpine Type-R SPR-17S 2-way component speakers system
- Alpine SPR-69C 6"X9" 2-way car speakers
- Pioneer GEX-P920XM XM satellite radio tuner
- Pioneer CD-I200 iPod control interface
- StreetWires ZeroNoise 5 Audio/video 2 channel A/V interconnect (19.7 ft)
- Profile 1200 Watt 2 channel amplifier
- Power Acoustik BAMF 5500 watt amplifier
- Orion HCCA 15.4 subwoofer
- Custom sub enclosure 1" MDF 3.2 cu. ft tuned At 34 HZ
- 0/1 gauge street wire 25 Ft.
- Flowmaster 40 Series 2 1/2"
- Megan Racing exhaust header Mitsubishi Eclipse V6 00-05
- 18" Borbet Type XL machined w/black accent
- General Exclaim UHP 225/40/18 front
- General Exclaim UHP 225/45/18 rear
- Optima Red Top 1,000 cranking amps
- Excessive Amperage high output alternator 200 amps
- StreetWires 8 gauge speaker wire.
- Eibach Pro-Kit 1.6" front 1.4" rear
- Tinted tail lights
- Custom headlights
- H.I.D. 10,000K driving
- H.I.D. 10,000K fog
- Mopar decal front
- Excessive Amperage decal rear
It is a time consuming process and is very expensive, but it is well worth it. You just start by doing a little at a time. Start with a headunit and then put aftermarket speakers in. Next thing you know is that you have a 6,700 watt system haha.
Why did you decide to upgrade your A/V system?
I decided to upgrade my system because I cannot handle having stock sound I have to have something loud with really good quality.
What's the first thing you show people about your installation?
I like to show them everything I did and how clean it looks.
Why did you choose these products?
I chose these products because I did a little research on them and they were getting good reviews and the specs on them looked good.
What was the most difficult part of the installation?
The most difficult part I would say is deciding where to place everything and how I am going to run the wires.
What plans, if any, do you have for future upgrades?
I am trying to upgrade my system to get something a little louder and maybe a small turbo.
|Custom Head Lights and H.I.D.'s|
|Tinted Tail Lights and Excessive Amperage Decal|
|Flip-out DVD in-dash monitor.|
|Pioneer AVH-5000 receiver.|
|Orion HCCA 15.4|
|Sub box is a perfect fit in the trunk.|
|Alpine SPR-69C in rear deck.|
|Excessive Amperage alternator.|
|Profile 1200 watt amp.|
|Power Acoustik BAMF 5500.|
|Proud owner of an awesome system!|