Thomas C's 2005 Ford ranger
Joshua Crane has enjoyed working for Crutchfield since 2007. As a Crutchfield Advisor (known to his customers as "Kramer"), he helps find solutions for customers shopping for new gear. Joshua also occasionally hosts videos for us and helped run the Custom Car Showroom for a while, which features do-it-yourself installations by Crutchfield customers. In his spare time, he teaches guitar and music theory, and enjoys live bluegrass whenever possible.
More from Joshua Crane
- CD Receiver Pioneer DEH-P5800MP
- Component Speakers Kicker KS 6x8 both front and back
- Amplifier Kicker KX 1200.1 mono amp
- Subwoofers 2 Kicker CVT 10" 2 ohm
- Capacitor Diesel audio 1.5 farad
- Custom fiberglass box by me
- Scosche and JL Audio wiring
- Midland CB radio mounted in glove box
- 9.5ft whip cb antenna
My installation process wasn't very complicated for me. The toughest part was the fiberglass box. I put about 10 hours of work into it. Also, I recommend the Kicker CVT for a small area like I have in my single cab Ranger...
Why did you decide to upgrade your A/V system?
For sound quality and loudness
What's the first thing you show people about your installation?
My fiberglass box
Why did you choose these products?
Kicker puts out a great product
What was the most difficult part of the installation?
What plans, if any, do you have for future upgrades?
Fiberglass pods with 3/4 Kicker dome tweeters