Corey P's 2000 Mazda 626
Joshua Crane has enjoyed working for Crutchfield since 2007. As a Crutchfield Advisor (known to his customers as "Kramer"), he helps customers select new gear. For a while, Joshua helped run the Custom Car Showroom, which features do-it-yourself installations by Crutchfield customers. Currently he is helping us with a special project, creating a database of photos from our many years of extensive vehicle research. In his spare time, he teaches guitar and music theory, and enjoys live bluegrass whenever possible.
More from Joshua Crane
- Sony Xplod CD player/Reciever
- Kicker K9 in-dash 9 band equalizer/sound processor
- Kicker Zx200.4 (all around)
- 2 5x7 Alpine Type-R's (front doors)
- 2 Sony X-plod 6x9's (rear panel)
- Kicker ZX750.1 Mono subwoofer amplifier 750 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- 2 Kicker Comp VR's in sealed box (wired in parallel to 2 Ohms)
- Kinetik Hc600 power cell
- 5.0 farad capacitor
- 1 pass 1/0 gauge Knu Konceptz power & ground wire
- Stinger in-line fuse holder/fuse (150 Amps)
- Scosche distribution block (2x30 Amp)
- Dynamat entire trunk, drivers door & (soon to be) passenger's door
- Foam speaker enclosures (front and rear)
- 10 gauge Monster Xln speaker wire & terminals
- 4 Channel Monster Xln 600 RCA cables
Everything has been installed personally through trial & error. It's an ongoing, 6+ year process that has taught me a lot!!! I am currently in the process of saving $ to enroll at Mobile Dynamics or R.I.T.O.P. School for Mobile Electronics Installation. What can I say, it became a passion/obsession.
Why did you decide to upgrade your A/V system?
I've always wanted a system, even before I owned a car.
What's the first thing you show people about your installation?
I ask them if it's loud enough, while they're trying to breathe. >:-)
Why did you choose these products?
Kicker's one of the best out there. They were also one of the original brands to upgrade car audio.
What was the most difficult part of the installation?
Dynamating my trunk or wiring speakers through door molex.
What plans, if any, do you have for future upgrades?
Fiberglass box (currently constructing).
|My dash w/ custom bracket (made myself).|
|My work in progress.|
|Imagine it fiberglassed!|
|My Trunk (basic view).|