Aaron R's 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt
Joshua Crane has enjoyed working for Crutchfield since 2007. As a Crutchfield Advisor (known to his customers as "Kramer"), he helps find solutions for customers shopping for new gear. Joshua also occasionally hosts videos for us and helped run the Custom Car Showroom for a while, which features do-it-yourself installations by Crutchfield customers. In his spare time, he teaches guitar and music theory, and enjoys live bluegrass whenever possible.
More from Joshua Crane
- Pioneer DEH-P6800MP CD receiver with MP3/WMA playback
- Infinity Reference 9613i 6"x9" 3 way speakers (rear deck)
- Infinity Reference 6012i 6.5" 2 way speakers (front door)
- Rockford Fosgate Punch p450.4 4 channel amplifier
- Rockford Fosgate Punch p325.2 2 channel amplifier
- Tsunami Competition Series 5-farad capacitor
- StreetWires power, ground, and speaker Wire
- Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1 4 ohm single voice coil subwoofer
- Pioneer iPod kit
- Optima battery (yellow top)
When I bought the car it had the standard factory system and it was less than surprising. Coming from a family of audiophiles, I had to start somewhere! The first upgrades were the Infinity speakers, and that showed some improvement. The Pioneer head unit was next along with the iPod kit, and the sound quality increased again but overall the system lacked depth and warmth. The next step was a big one; the 2 Rockford amps and the Infinity Kappa sub added the low-end I was looking for. The effect was instantly noticeable, and giving the speakers the power they needed brought the vocals and drums to life.
Why did you decide to upgrade your A/V system?
Overall sound quality.
What's the first thing you show people about your installation?
The amps and the sub.
Why did you choose these products?
The manufacturer's reputation and the quality of the products.
What was the most difficult part of the installation?
Running speaker wire to the front doors.
What plans, if any, do you have for future upgrades?
Component speakers for the front doors.
Beautiful install kit from Crutchfield.com
Two Rockford amps provide plenty of power
10 inch sub in the factory location
Beautiful Spring day