Patrick Finger's 2006 Toyota Camry
Robert Ferency-Viars is the managing editor for the Crutchfield car A/V learning content, and has been with the company since 1999. A Virginia native from the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains, he loves spending time with his wonderful wife and sons, listening to music, writing, and playing games with friends. Robert's love for car audio began at 16 when he installed his first car stereo.
More from Robert Ferency-Viars
- Pioneer DEH-P6900UB CD receiver
- Pioneer CD-iU50 USB-to-iPod adapter
- Delphi SA10276 Roady XT XM Satellite Radio w/Sure Connect
- Alpine MRD-M605 600 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- Q-Logic QLH-1.2512DS Dual 12" Hatch/Trunk Box
- EFX Amplifier Wiring Kit 4-gauge w/patch cord
- Previously, I had two Alpine Type-S SWS-1223D 12" Dual 2-ohm Component Subs and a Kenwood KSC-WD250 10" Powered Subwoofer
- Now, I have two 12" Memphis M3 DVC 2 ohm subs in a custom box
- Street Wires 8-gauge wiring kit
- Optima Yellow Top Battery
- Street Wires 1 farad capacitor
- Two Pioneer TS-A6962R as rear speakers
- Street Wires Patch Cable
- 18" Drifz Rims
- Super White Headlights
- Window tinting
- PYTHON871XP car alarm and remote start system
For the most part all of the products that I have installed have been purchased from Crutchfield, so I had helpful instructions on how to install them correctly. I have done all of the audio products myself. I think that the install is the funnest part of the whole thing, other than showing off the system to other people. I began with two 12" Alpine type s subs and a 10" powered Kenwood sub, but replaced those with two 12" Memphis M3s and a custom box.
Why did you decide to upgrade your A/V system?
I wanted to have something to set my car apart from all of the rest.
What's the first thing you show people about your installation?
My subs are always the first things that I show off.
Why did you choose these products?
I liked the brands, reviews, and performance that they offered.
What was the most difficult part of the installation?
Getting everything ready for the install, like planning.
What plans, if any, do you have for future upgrades?
I plan to replace the rest of the speakers. Also, And then I will hopefully be done.
The two 12"s, and the 10" and the amp behind them