Aaron Howe's 2000 Ford Expedition
- Kenwood eXcelon KVT-911DVD In Dash DVD/CD Player
- Ford Reciever Wire Harness
- Ford Dash Kit for Single DIN Reciever
- Clarion VMA7191 7" LCD Screen (Passenger Side Rear)
- Kenwood SK-701RM LCD Screen Mounting Bracket (Pass. Side Rear)
- Clarion VMA7191 7" LCD Screen (Driver Side Rear)
- Kenwood SK-701RM LCD Screen Mounting Bracket (Driver Side Rear)
- Kenwood eXcelon KFC-X688C 6"x8" 2-way Speakers (Front)
- Kenwood eXcelon KFC-X688C 6"x8" 2-way Speakers (Rear)
- Kenwood eXcelon KHD-CX910 20Gig Music Keg
- Kenwood eXcelon 12" Dual Voice Coil Sub KFC-XW1225db
- Kenwood KAC-7201 800 X 1 Amp
- Custom Chrome Housing Projector Headlights w/LEDs and Dual Angel Rings
- Custom Chrome Tribal Grill
- APC Chrome Euro Tail Lights
- A/V Adapter for PS2/XBox/VCR
The first thing I did was pull out all the equipment and lay it out to get a good idea of what I had to install. I then took a good look at the vehicle to see where the best place was to place all the system components. Once I had a good idea how I wanted to go about the install, I then soldered my Ford wire harness to the main stereo wire harness using shrink tubing to protect the wires. I hooked everything up to the vehicle before installing it to make sure all connections and wirings were working properly. Once that was done, I installed each component seperately. I connected all wiring (making sure it was well out of sight) to each component. I then tested the system one more time before putting the vehicle back together to make sure it was working. Then it was just a matter of placing all vehicle parts back together.
Why did you decide to upgrade your A/V system?
I wanted a well balanced system that was practical and one that would make jaws drop.
What's the first thing you show people about your installation?
I first like to show the clean, professional look (no wires). I then like to show its functionality.
Why did you choose these products?
I have always been a huge fan of Kenwood. For me, Kenwood offers all the perks I'm looking for in a car system.
What was the most difficult part of the installation?
The most difficult part of the install would have to be finding the right place to put all the components so they look great.
What plans, if any, do you have for future upgrades?
I plan to upgrade my rims and do a few exterior modifications to spice up my SUV.
Full Vehicle View (exterior)
Dash View (Interior)
View From Rear (Interior)
Rear LCD Screen (Passanger Side)
Metra 70-1771 Receiver Wiring Harness
Connect a new car stereo in select 1998-2011 Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, and Mazda vehicles
American International FMK-550 In-dash Receiver Kit
Fits select 1995-up Ford, Lincoln, Mazda, and Mercury vehicles — single-DIN radios