Nicholas Howell's 1999 Ford Escort LX
- Ford escort CD adaptor
- JBL P652s shalow mount 6 1/2" in the doors.
- JBL P8652 6" x 8" in rear deck.
- Sony CDX-M800 in dash CD player.
- Stinger HPM 4 guage wire kit.
- Stinger HPM SC-201MNC 1 farad capacitor.
- JBL BP1200.1 1200 watt mono class D subwoofer amplifier.
- JBL W12GTi 12" subwoofer, dual 6-ohm voice coils.
First was the CD player, the car only had a radio when I puchased it. I ordered the custom adaptor from Crutchfield. Then I had to buy new speakers (front doors and rear deck). When I put them in I also installed the amp, capacitor, and subwoofer enclosure.
Why did you decide to upgrade your A/V system?
I live to listen to music and want the best sound I can get.
What's the first thing you show people about your installation?
The CD player.
Why did you choose these products?
Reputation, quality and customer service.
What was the most difficult part of the installation?
Locating a hole in the firewall for a 4 guage wire.
What plans, if any, do you have for future upgrades?
Add a JBL BPX2200.1.
Power house w/ Thunder maker
Metra 99-5720C Factory Integration Adapter
Allows you to install and connect a new car stereo to a 1997-up Ford Escort or a 1997-99 Mercury Tracer without the Premium Sound system