Daryl Johnson's 2006 Ford Mustang GT
- Alpine IVA-W200 Head Unit
- Alpine MRP-F450 4-Channel Amplifier (100 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- Alpine MRP-M650 Mono Subwoofer Amplifier (600 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- Infinity Kappa 682.7cf Speakers (6" x 8" Rear Deck)
- Infinity Kappa 50.7cs Component Speakers (5.25" Component Front Door)
- Infinity Perfect 12D vq 12" Subwoofer (Wired @ 2 ohms)
- Apple iPod nano 8GB
- Alpine KCE-422i iPod cable
- XM Direct Satellite Radio Package
- Scosche FDMUS05U 12" Subwoofer Enclosure for 05+ Mustangs
- Kicker #0 & #2 Power/Ground/Fuse Wiring Kit
- StreetWires 12-gauge Ultra CableT Speaker Wire (All Speakers Wired)
- Stinger RCA Patch Cables
I borrowed the plans from another Mustang owner and built an amp wall in the trunk and mounted the amps to it. I then installed all the speakers and ran the wiring. I installed the head unit and then finally the XM Satellite Radio and the iPod adapter. Installation was pretty easy, just had to take my time. At first look you can't tell my car has an aftermarket audio system until I crank it up, which is exactly what I wanted. The installation sheets and tips provided by Crutchfield really assisted in the installation process.
Why did you decide to upgrade your A/V system?
The sound clarity and quality of aftermarket over OEM audio is so much nicer.
What's the first thing you show people about your installation?
Why did you choose these products?
I have always loved Alpine head units and amps, and it's hard to beat Infinity speakers.
What was the most difficult part of the installation?
Running the wires to the front door speakers.
What plans, if any, do you have for future upgrades?
No planned upgrades unless I add the Alpine navigation component.
More about Mustangs
If you enjoy great-running Mustangs and great-sounding car audio systems, join our Mustang Sound community on Google +. It's a great place to share audio installation tips, post photos, and connect with other Mustang enthusiasts. We'll see you there!