Tim Jones's Tangerine Ford T-Bird
The Crutchfield writing team is a group of full-time, in-house copywriters who share a passion for consumer electronics. In addition to creating the articles and videos you find in the Research area of the Crutchfield website, these hard-working and talented people write the informational copy for the products on our website and in the Crutchfield catalog. Our writers constantly research the latest products, technologies, and industry trends, so that we can bring you the most helpful information possible.
More from Crutchfield Writing Team
- Kenwood KDC-4007 CD receiver
- Coustic Power Logic 360 (150 watts RMS x 2), Clarion APA2103 (50 watts x 2), and Carver M240 (120 watts x 2) amplifiers
- Boston Acoustics CX3 3-1/2" speakers dash
- Kenwood KFC-P502 5-1/4" component speaker system door, sail panel
- Boston Acoustics CX8 5"x7"/6"x8" speakers rear deck
- Kenwood BP-210 bandpass box (with 2 10" woofers)
- Coustic XM-3 electronic crossover
- AudioControl Epicenter signal processor (digital bass maximizer)
- Stinger and Tsunami wiring
- Tangerine paint
The low frequencies (below 80 Hz) are routed to the Coustic Power Logic 360 amp which powers a Kenwood BP210 bandpass box (with two 10" woofers). Tim installed Boston Acoustics CX3 3-1/2" speakers in the dash and CX8 5"x7" speakers on the rear deck. He mounted the woofers from the Kenwood KFC-P502 component system in the doors the Kenwood tweeters were custom-installed in the sail panels (mirror covers) on the doors. The Clarion 2103G amplifier (with high-pass crossover set around 400 Hz) powers the tweeters and the CX3s, while a Carver M240 amp pushes everything above 180 Hz to the CX8s and the Kenwood 5-1/4" woofers.
Tim and his uncle did all the body work on the T-Bird. All handles, locks, and emblems have been removed (with the exception of the bird on the nose) the doors are unlocked and opened by remote control. They conceived and executed the stunning, tangerine-colored paint job.
Tim Jones with his Tangerine T-Bird.
The Kenwood KDC-4007 runs the show from the dash.
The AudioControl Epicenter's wired remote installed on the center console for fingertip bass control.
Kenwood tweeters are custom-mounted in sail panels for optimum imaging.
Amplifiers, processors and the Kenwood bandpass box fit neatly in the trunk.