Brendon McQuighan's 1992 Ford Thunderbird SC
- Kenwood KDC-X459 head unit
- Infinity Kappa 693.5i 6"x9" 3-way speakers front door
- Infinity Kappa 50.5cs 5-1/4" component system front door
- Infinity Kappa 572.5cf 5"x7" 2-way speakers rear seat side panel
- US Acoustics USX 4085 powers main speakers
- JBL GTS 180 60x2 powers components
- Clarion DPX 1000.2 powers subs
- 2 Rockford Fosgate HE2 dual 4 ohm subs
- Delphi Roady 2 XM Radio
- Kenwood auxilary input adapter
- Aleis MEQ-230 converted to 12 volt
- Knu Konceptz.com wiring, power speaker and patch cables
- Rockford Fosgate battery terminal
- Lightning Audio 1 farad figital top capacitor
- Home Built Sub Boxes
- Lightining Audio cap top distribution block
Well I had a system in my old car so I was pretty set on what I wanted to put in this one. I put in my head unit with the kit from Crutchfield. I decided that a 5x7 speaker was too small for the midbass I wanted so I cut my factory holes slightly larger in the front doors to accept a 6x9 speaker. I had some components laying around so I figured I'd put them in the front doors as well for extra sound. The back seat in the t-bird is not very passenger friendly so I just put a set of 5x7s there for rear fill. In the trunk I made a custom amp rack and 2 large ported sub boxes for my subs. My power antenna broke, and I had always wanted satellite radio, so I just made the upgrade to XM.
Why did you decide to upgrade your A/V system?
I love listening to music.
What's the first thing you show people about your installation?
I like to show off the sub boxes.
Why did you choose these products?
I haven't heard any speakers better than the Infinitys and the Rockford subs were a good deal.
What was the most difficult part of the installation?
Hooking up the eq and making sure it ran through to all the amps.
What plans, if any, do you have for future upgrades?
Maybe a Pioneer head unit, lighter sub boxes.
Me and the T-bird
Door Speaker Installation
Subs and Amp Rack
Side View of The Car
Interior Shows Tweeter and XM Location