Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
The Bose 3·2·1 GSX system is a stylish and user-friendly home entertainment system that delivers great sound for all your TV shows, movies, and music. Plus, this system features the uMusic® intelligent playback system, which lets you store your music in one convenient place, and listen to it with the touch of a button.
Setting up this four-piece system is simple. There are no rear speakers, so you don't have to run wires to the back of your viewing room. The system's sleek media center connects to your TV quickly and easily. The media center includes an AM/FM tuner and a DVD/CD player, and features a Bose® link input that allows you to connect it to a compatible Bose system in another room.
Inside, the media center boasts exclusive digital processing circuitry that delivers engaging, spacious sound from DVDs, CDs, VHS tapes, and even mono TV shows. You'll be impressed by this system's sound its compact speakers and Acoustimass® module provide a broad soundstage and a smooth, dynamic performance.
The uMusic® intelligent playback system offers simple, intuitive controls that make it easy to use and enjoy. You can store up to 200 hours of your favorite recordings it's as easy as loading in a CD and pushing a button. This smart system can actually learn your musical preferences and create up to 9 personalized presets. You can choose presets for each member of your household, so that everyone has quick access to their favorite tunes. Or, create presets for specific activities listen to a high-energy mix while you exercise, or enjoy a soft, relaxing selection during dinner.
- compact Gemstone® speaker arrays, video shielded
- Acoustimass® bass module
- uMusic® intelligent playback system stores up to 200 hours of music
- Videostage® 5 decoding for DVDs, VHS tapes, and stereo & mono sources
- selectable progressive-scan mode for smoother video with HD-compatible TVs (via the component video output)
- 20 AM/20 FM presets
- Bose® link input for playing music from a compatible Bose Lifestyle® system (requires Bose® link AL8 wireless audio link and Personal® music center II remote)
- video output for TV (composite, S-video, component video)
- video inputs (composite, S-video)
- inputs and switching for 3 audio sources (3 analog, 3 coaxial digital, 1 optical digital)
- Ethernet input (for future use)
- multibrand-for-video remote
- plays DVD-Video discs, CDs, audio CD-Rs and CD-RWs, and MP3 CDs
- media center: 13-13/16"W x 3-1/4"H x 11-1/8"D
- satellite speakers: 5-5/8"W x 2-5/8"H x 4-11/16"D
- bass module: 8-3/4"W x 14-3/16"H x 19-5/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- designed for use with "Region 1" coded DVDs
Transform your TV experience
Enjoy rich, robust sound that puts you right in the middle of your favorite movies, TV shows, and video games. Powered home theater systems come with speakers and a subwoofer plus the amplification to drive them. Many of these systems feature low-profile consoles and ultra-compact speakers for minimal visual clutter. Some include a built-in Blu-ray/DVD player for enjoying movie and concert discs.
Bose® 3·2·1® GSX Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Great Looking...Inredible Sound and Yet....
I purchased this system earlier this year and now I am able to sit back and really enjoy the incredible sound from this, simple to set up system. Bose is remarkable in their sound systems and the internal hard drive of this system is wonderful. I have created a couple different playlists (for dinner, parties and my favorite jazz selections). Movies are fantastic from just the two small speakers and the single Acoustimass Module. While I am happy with and astonished by it's abilities, it is not flawless.
The system does not play HD or Blu Ray Discs. There is no front jack to plug in headphones (for those times I don't want to disturb my other half). There is a sleep timer, but no "on timer" feature (that I use on my smaller JVC Executive Mini Stereo system in my home office/guest room). It's a nice "securtiy feature" when I'm way from home giving the appearance of occupants in the homestead.
Still....I'm enjoying my Bose GSX System...daily. Thank you.
Bose® 3·2·1® GSX
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Great sound except the reason I purchased this model (GSX)is because it is listed that it will play all DVD formats, i.e., DVD+R/RW and DVD-R/RW. IT DOES NOT! I contacted Bose and the representative stated that it will only play DVD-R/RW (not +R/RW) and that the listing in the product manual, their website, and Crutchfield's website that it will play +R/RW is an error. I needed to attached a secondary DVD player in order to play any recorded DVDs. I almost returned the system except I do like the sound quality. The price is too high for what you get (or don't get).
THIS SYSTEM IS THE BEST OF EVERYTHING. YOU CAN HEAR THE SOUND SO NATURALLY. YOU CAN HEAR BILLIE HOLIDAY SING AND BREATH LIKE SHE IS STANDING NEXT TO YOU! IF YOU PLAY DVD IT MAKES YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE PART OF THE ACTION. IF YOU PUT IN VIOLIN CD YOU CAN HEAR THE INSTRUMENT AS IT IS BEING PLAYED AT THE MOMENT AND NOT ON A RECORDING. THIS SYSTEM IS AWESOME. YOU ONLY NEED TO PLAY THE CD ONCE CAUSE IT STORES UP TO 200 HOURS OF MUSIC. THIS IS AWESOME AND THE PRICE IS VERY GOOD FOR WHAT IT DOES!!!
What's in the box?
- Silver/Graphite gray media center
- Graphite gray Acoustimass module
- 2 Graphite gray Gemstone speaker arrays
- Graphite gray wireless remote control
- 2 "AA" batteries
- 9.75' Acoustimass module cable (has a 13-pin connector on each end)
- One 14.75' length of gray speaker cable (for both satellite speakers)
- 8' AC power cord
- 6' Video cable (RCA composite video connector on each end)
- 6' Stereo cable (left and right RCA audio connectors on each end)
- AM loop antenna
- AM antenna stand
- FM dipole antenna
- 8 Small rubber feet
- 4 Large rubber feet
- 3-2-1 In-Home Setup & Demonstration DVD
- Owner's Guide (English/Spanish/French)
- Quick setup guide
- Product registration/Warranty card
- Important Safety Instructions
- "Our Commitment To You" letter
- AM antenna instructions
- List of worldwide Bose corporate contacts
- End user license agreement notice
Media Center: The 3·2·1 GSX media center combines a DVD/CD player, AM/FM tuner, and Bose's new uMusic with enough hard drive space to store about 200 CDs worth of music. Proprietary signal processing delivers a convincing surround sound experience for music, movies, and TV using only 2 speakers and a hideaway bass module.
Gemstone Speaker Arrays: The two speaker arrays, combined with Bose proprietary signal processing technology deliver extraordinary sound. They are also 50% smaller than the original 3·2·1 system speakers and blend into almost any décor.
Acoustimass Module: The Acoustimass module works in concert with the small speakers to deliver the full range of sound. The patented Bose design produces low frequencies for all channels with no audible distortion. When the module is tucked behind a curtain or chair, all of the sound seems to come directly from the two arrays.
uMusic: The GSX Media Center includes the uMusic intelligent playback system. uMusic makes it possible to store much of your CD collection, approximately 200 hours of music, on the Media Center hard drive and gives you access at the touch of a button. Once CDs are loaded your play options are much like a changer, you can program a playlist, playback in random order, and repeat a song, disc, or the playlist. You can also rate each song to teach the system what songs you like best.
Progressive Scan Output: Progressive-scan video has less flicker and fewer motion artifacts than the traditional interlaced-scanning method, resulting in a superior picture. To take advantage of this feature, you must have a television with component video inputs that support the progressive scanning mode. The component outputs on this unit can be set to pass either progressive or interlaced video.
Audio Settings: In addition to the Bose Videostage 5 proprietary signal processing, you can choose one of the following audio settings:
Movie EQ: Optimizes the tonal balance for movies
Range Compression: Automatically adjusts the volume to allow you to hear soft sounds and to prevent you from being overwhelmed by a loud special effect, such as an explosion
Mono Decoding: Engages Bose Videostage 5 mono decoding circuitry to convert mono sound into simulated surround sound
MP3 Playback: The media center will play MP3 files recorded onto CD-R and CD-RW discs using the ISO 9660 format.
Note: Multi-session discs and ID3 tags are not supported.
Repeat Play: When playing a DVD, you can repeat the title or current chapter. When playing an audio CD, you can repeat the current track or the entire disc. Using the A-B Repeat feature, you can repeat a portion of a DVD by selecting the starting and stopping points for the section to be repeated.
Shuffle Play: When playing an audio CD or the uMusic drive, you can play tracks in random order.
Multi-Angle Display: This function allows you to choose the viewing angle of scenes that were shot from a number of different angles.
Note: This function is limited to DVDs recorded with multiple camera angles.
Station Presets: The built-in tuner allows you to store up to 20 AM and 20 FM stations. Once a station is stored in memory, you can select it using the remote control or the on-screen menu.
Parental Control: This system allows you to set playback restrictions for DVDs using Parental Control according to a preset level. You can select a Parental Control rating from 1-8, which is protected by a 4-digit password.
Sleep Timer: The sleep timer turns the system off after a set period of time. You can adjust the sleep timer from 10 to 90 minutes in 10 minute increments.
Speaker Array Mounting: Each speaker array has an M5 female threaded insert on the back, allowing the speaker to be mounted using an optional Bose wall/ceiling bracket, universal floor stand, or universal table stand. Using the supplied rubber feet, the speaker arrays can be placed on any flat surface.
Simplified Wiring: The 3·2·1 GSX home entertainment system is fully functional with just four connections:
- Acoustimass module to power outlet
- Acoustimass module to media center
- Acoustimass module to speakers
- Media center to television
Media Center Rear Panel:
- AM Antenna: Female mono minijack for use with supplied AM antenna
- FM Antenna: Threaded F-type jack for use with supplied FM antenna
- Bose Link: 9-pin jack that allows you to connect the 3·2·1 as a remote to a Bose Lifestyle system
- Aux Audio Input: Left and right RCA audio jacks and coaxial digital jack
- CBL/SAT Input: Left and right RCA audio jacks and coaxial digital jack
- TV Input: Left and right RCA audio jacks and coaxial digital jack
- Video Input: RCA composite video jack and S-video jack
- Optical Digital Input: Toslink digital jack with a plastic cover
- Video Output: RCA composite video jack, S-video jack, and component video jacks
- Acoustimass Module: 13-pin jack that connects to the Acoustimass module using the supplied Acoustimass module cable
- Ethernet: Possible future use
Acoustimass Module Rear Panel:
- AC Power Jack: For use with supplied Acoustimass module AC power cord
- Media Center: 13-pin jack that connects to the Media Center using the supplied Acoustimass module cable
- Speakers: 9-pin jack that connects to the speakers using the supplied speaker cable
Speaker Inputs: Each speaker has a 4-pin male jack that connects to the Acoustimass module using the supplied speaker cable.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Product reviews from the Crutchfield Labs
Tara Wisnewski reviewed the Bose 3-2-1 GSX system, and its uMusicT system, in her apartment.