Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
With the Acoustimass® 15 Series II, Bose® went all out. It's their best-performing 5.1-channel speaker system ever! The key is in the bass thanks to the three 5-1/4" woofers in the powered Acoustimass® bass module, this system digs deep into the low frequencies with thunderous results. Add the five tiny dual-cube satellites and their crisp, open audio, and this setup brings you truly impressive surround sound.
The small satellites feature a versatile swivel design you can rotate each speaker's dual cubes to custom-tailor a blend of direct and reflecting sound for your listening area. The satellites are video-shielded, so you can position them near a TV. And the small satellites and compact bass module are all discreet enough for unobtrusive placement in just about any room. Movies and music spring to vibrant life!
Thanks to the included color-coded cables, this system is very easy to set up. And it's got Bose® build quality and electronic protection circuitry working for it count on years of use! Worried about future compatibility? Don't be. The AM 15 Series II is 6.1-ready! If you're not ready for 6.1 now, but might want to add an additional rear surround in the future, this is the system for you.
- five video-shielded dual-cube satellites
- each satellite has two 2-1/2" drivers
- powered bass module has three 5-1/4" drivers
- recommended power 10-200 watts with receivers rated from 4 to 8 ohms
- satellites: 3-1/8"W x 6-3/16"H x 4-1/8"D
- Acoustimass bass module: 8-1/4"W x 16-5/16"H x 29-1/8"D
- warranty: 5 years drivers, 1 year electronics
Why choose a pre-matched speaker system?
Looking for speakers that'll deliver thrilling, edge-of-your-seat surround sound? Choosing a pre-matched speaker system is one way to ensure seamless home theater performance. These systems are made up of speakers that share the same tonal characteristics that means the sound will stay consistent as it moves from speaker to speaker around your room. Most pre-matched systems come with a subwoofer a must-have for high-impact bass.
Bose® Acoustimass® 15 Series II Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Bose AscoutiMass 15 Series II
After shopping around and comparing all of the speaker systems that are out there, we chose the AM15II. Once we had the Harmon/Kardon reciever and the speakers in place in the our living room. The wires are hardly noticable. We began to see how well we had invested our monies. The Bose system preformed to our expections and beyond. The quality reproduction of sound was remarkable. The output of the base was exciting to feel and hear. We are truly glad we purchased the Bose. I feel once you have heard the Bose AcoustiMass 15 Series II you will glad you invested the money.
What's in the box?
- Black powered Acoustimass module
- 5 Black dual-cube speaker arrays
- One 7.5' AC power cord
- One black 20' system input cable (has a 15-pin female connector on one end and tinned wire/single male RCA jack on the other end)
- 3 Black 20' front speaker cables (each cable has a male RCA connector on one end and tinned wire on the other end)
- 1 Black 49.5' rear speaker cable (the cable has two male RCA connectors on one end and tinned wire on the other end for both rear speakers)
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber feet for the front center cube speaker
- Owner's Guide (English/Spanish/French)
- Quick setup guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Bose Product Registration and Warranty Information
- List of worldwide Bose corporate contacts
- "Our Commitment To You" letter
Features and Specs
|Pieces in System||6|
|Midrange size (inches)||2-1/2|
|Woofer size (inches)||5-1/4|
|Connector Type||Spring clip|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||30-40|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years*|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years*|
|RMS Power Range (watts)||10-200|
|Subwoofer RMS Power (watts)||Not Given|
|Main Speakers (inches)||6-3/16H x 3-1/8W x 4-1/8D|
|Center Speaker (inches)||6-3/16H x 3-1/8W x 4-1/8D|
|Surround Speakers (inches)||6-3/16H x 3-1/8W x 4-1/8D|
|Subwoofer (inches)||16-5/16H x 8-1/4W x 29-1/8D|
Virtually Invisible Speaker System Design: The Virtually Invisible speaker system design gives you expansive sound without dominating your décor. The Acoustimass module delivers deep, powerful bass without audible port noise, so it can be hidden almost anywhere in the listening area. The music and sound effects seem to come from the tiny cube speaker arrays.
Next-generation Powered Acoustimass Module: The newly engineered Acoustimass module uses a proprietary acoustic enclosure and patented technologies to produce deeper, richer and louder bass than the previous generation.
Direct/Reflecting Speaker Technology: The Direct/Reflecting speaker technology helps the compact cube speaker arrays deliver more open, spacious sound throughout the listening area. You hear enhanced surround sound and exceptionally lifelike stereo with a larger soundstage.
Integrated Signal Processing: The Bose patented integrated signal processing compensates for the human ear's reduced sensitivity to bass at low volumes. You hear the proper balance of deep bass, even at very low, late-night listening levels and dialogue continues to sound natural.
Automatic System Protection Circuitry: When played at high volume, this system's automatic protection circuitry activates to prevent damage to the system from electrical stress or overload. When this happens, you may notice a slight decrease in volume, which is normal.
6.1-ready: The Center Rear speaker output allows you to add an optional 6th cube speaker array, allowing the system to work with 6.1-channel receivers and provide the benefits of the center surround sound experience.
Drivers: The powered Acoustimass module uses three 5-1/4" high-excursion paper cone woofers, each with a foam surround. Each cube speaker array features dual 2-1/2" wide-range Twiddlers. The top and bottom sections of the cube speaker arrays can be rotated to create room-filling sound patterns.
Cube Speaker Mounting: Each cube speaker array has a rear-mounted 5mm female threaded insert. The threaded inserts allow you to mount the cube speaker arrays using optional stands or wall-mount brackets.
Left Side of Acoustimass Module:
- LFE: the LFE level control increases or decreases the relative level of low-frequency effects on movie soundtracks
- Bass: allows you to increase or decrease the bass level of the Acoustimass module
Bottom of Acoustimass Module:
- Audio Input: 15-pin male jack for use with supplied system input cable. The other end of the system input cable has tinned wire that connects to the left front, right front, center, left rear and right rear speaker outputs and a mono male RCA plug that connects to the subwoofer output of the A/V receiver or amplifier.
- Audio Output: 6 RCA jacks (Left Front, Right Front, Center Front, Left Rear, Center Rear and Right Rear); using the supplied speaker cables, these jacks connect to the cube speaker arrays
- Power: jack for use with supplied AC power cord
- Connectivity: compatible with A/V receivers and amplifiers rated from 10 to 200 watts per channel, rated from 4 to 8 ohms
- Powered Acoustimass Module: W=8.234", H=16.3125", D=29.125"
- Cube Speaker Arrays: W=3.065", H=6.184", D=4.079"
Warranty Note: The drivers have a 5-year parts and labor warranty, and the electronics have a 1-year parts and labor warranty.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.