Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Experience immersive Bose® sound from a simple, elegant speaker system. The Bose® Lifestyle® 135 home entertainment system includes a slim sound bar and an Acoustimass® module that give you thrilling sound with your movies, TV shows, and sports. This system also comes with an iPod®/iPhone® dock and a built-in FM/AM radio tuner so you can listen to your favorite music. This impressive Bose system will leave your room looking good, and will have your favorite entertainment sounding fantastic.
Fast, simple setup
The Lifestyle® 135 system is simple to set up. You can connect up to six high-def entertainment sources as well as your iPod or iPhone. Bose® Unify® technology guides you through the setup process so you can get right to the good part enjoying your new Bose® system. The on-screen menus give you all the information you need to connect and control your audio/video sources. And best of all, you can give your sources on-screen labels that actually make sense, like "Game System" or "Blu-ray Player" instead of "HDMI 1" and "HDMI 2."
Super-flexible placement options
Thanks to Flexmount automatic placement compensation technology, you can wall-mount the sound bar vertically as an elegant, thin-profile companion to your flat-panel TV or place it horizontally on your TV stand. Built-in circuitry determines the position of the speaker and adjusts its output accordingly to ensure great sound.
Auto setup tailors the sound to your room
The built-in ADAPTiQ® audio calibration system customizes the sound to fit your specific room. It's incredibly easy: Just put on the supplied headset equipped with built-in microphones, sit in your favorite spot and the ADAPTiQ® system does the rest. You can optimize up to five listening locations in your room, so all your family is guaranteed to have the best seat in the house.
Advanced audio technology for better sound
With PhaseGuide sound radiators and TrueSpace® signal processing, the sound bar delivers a wide, enveloping soundstage. A separate wireless Acoustimass® module adds deep, rich bass to your music and movie soundtracks, and it's easily tucked away out of sight. With no rear speakers, you won't have any clutter or wires stretching to the back of your room just pure Bose® sound.
Remote clutter is a thing of the past
The Bose® Lifestyle® 135 remote makes your life a whole lot simpler. Easily programmed, this universal remote takes over for that collection of clickers that get shuffled, lost or just litter your coffee table. Its LCD screen lets you actually see what you're doing. Plus this remote uses radio frequency (RF) signals so you can control your system from any room in the house.
- powered sound bar speaker system
- sound bar includes five transducers with powerful neodymium magnets, plus two PhaseGuide sound radiators to deliver room-filling sound
- TrueSpace® signal processing delivers spacious sound effects
- Flexmount automatic placement compensation lets you mount the speaker flat on a wall or place it flat on a table
- wall mountable with optional bracket
- HD video inputs include 4 HDMI and 2 component video inputs
- includes iPod®/iPhone® dock and FM/AM tuner
- video-shielded (prevents magnetic distortion on tube TVs)
- Acoustimass® module delivers rich bass
- Bose® Unify® system provides on-screen messages to guide you through the setup process
- ADAPTiQ® audio calibration system automatically adjusts to your specific room's acoustics
- universal RF remote with LCD readout
- control console: 16-5/8"W x 3"H x 9-5/16"D
- Acoustimass® module: 14-3/4"W x 10-7/8"H x 7-5/8"D
- sound bar: 36-3/4"W x 4-7/8"H x 2-3/8"D
- iPod Dock: 3-1/4"W x 3/4"H x 2-15/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Sound bar speakers: room-filling sound with less clutter
Add big sound to your TV without a roomful of speakers. Sound bars require minimal space and wiring, and their sleek designs complement today's flat-panel TVs. Most sound bars have their own built-in amplification, so you won't need to use a home theater receiver. Some models use advanced surround processing and carefully aimed speaker drivers to simulate the effects of a full home theater audio system.
Bose® Lifestyle® 135 home entertainment system Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Bose Lifestyle 135
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Excellent product. Just what you expect from Bose
Pros: Overall quality of the sound. It's worth every penny of my investment.
Bose® Lifestyle® 135 home entertainment system
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Wonderful sound bar system. Love it. Way to go Bose. Sounds great and easy to set-up.
Pros: Great sound and easy set-up
Cons: A bit pricey but worth it.
Bose lifestyle 135 system
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Best purchase!! I have wanted an all in 1 system that does quality movies and music and you don't need to be a tech wizard to use!! This system is perfect!!
Pros: Easy to use. Nice for my living room, much better than having speakers and receiver for physical appearance
Cons: A little too good for the local news. You can hear too many noises papers shuffling breaths on mics. Best to turn down base or just use tv sound Need optical cable for smart tv functions
Bose Lifestyle 135
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
The sound is amazing, great product with simple setup.
Bose Lifestyle 135
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Excellent product by a company you can trust. Set up was screen guided and basically fool proof. I spoke to their Tech Support twice, only for any woofer placement options and found them Easy to get a live person and they knew what tehy were talking about. Quality sound from this system taht will not disapoint. The only negative is the price.
Pros: Quality System with Great Sound
Bose is Best Sound Bar
Excellent system, sound is awesome! I've gone through 3 systems searching for the right system and the Bose Lifestyle 135 is the system. I have a very large room and other systems could not cover the room with audio properly. Setup is simple, especially if you follow the on-screen directions. I wanted to skip ahead and when I did I eventually went back to the beginning of setup, so that I would set up the remote for each device. So follow the directions on screen and all will work perfectly.
Another very nice feature is the HDMI connections and how easy it is to switch inputs with remote. My wife loves it as it is "dummy" proof with the selections displayed on your TV or by looking at the display window on the remote.
My only knock is the price, it is steep. However, had I not been trying to cheap out, I could have purchased this int he beginning (LOL).
Pros: sound, simplicity of setup and use and let me mention the SOUND again.
Cons: Price (the old saying is true here, you get what you pay for and you do get a very good system)
WTF, you only live once:/
It the best!
Pros: Your friends will STP!
Cons: You might have to quit eating for a while, but that is over rated any way!
What's in the box?
- Control console
- Soundbar speaker
- Acoustimass module
- AC power supply (with attached 6' DC cord)
- Three 5' AC Power cords
- 30' Acoustimass cable (terminated by a proprietary 9-pin connector on each end)
- RF Remote control
- 4 "AA" batteries
- ADAPTiQ auto calibration headset
- iPod dock
- 6.5' HDMI cable
- 6' Stereo Audio RCA cable
- IR emitter cable (with 6 flashers)
- AM loop antenna (with stand)
- FM wire antenna
- USB flash drive
- 3 Speaker array extension feet
- 4 Acoustimass feet
- 6 Sticky pads
- Cleaning cloth
- Setup Guide (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- Operating Guide (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- Operating Guide Supplement
- AM loop instructions
- USB Flash Drive note
- Warranty info/Online product registration
- "Our Commitment To You" letter
- Bose Corporation contact info
- Important Safety Instructions
- "Made for iPod" compatibility sheet
Features and Specs
|Pieces in System||3|
|Woofer||2 PhaseGuide radiators|
|Subwoofer Driver||5.0 Cone|
|Surround Sound Decoding||No|
|4K Video Compatible||No|
|Audio Return Channel||---|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Works with TV Remote (IR)||---|
|Control by App||---|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Surface Mount Stand Included||Yes|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|System Frequency Response||Not Given|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||Not given|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||Not given|
|Inputs and Outputs|
|Mini Stereo Audio Inputs||None|
|RCA Stereo Audio Inputs||4|
|Optical Digital Audio Inputs||3|
|Coaxial Digital Audio Inputs||3|
|Sound Bar (inches)||4-7/8H x 36-3/4W x 2-3/8D|
|Sound Bar Weight||7.8 lbs|
|Subwoofer (inches)||10-7/8H x 7-5/8W x 14-3/4D|
|Subwoofer Weight||13.8 lbs|
Lifestyle 135 Home Entertainment System: The Bose Lifestyle 135 Home Entertainment System delivers convincing home theater audio from a 1.1ch-speaker system. The Bose Lifestyle 135 consists of an AV Control Console with built-in AM/FM tuner, a single soundbar speaker, & an Acoustimass module. The Lifestyle 135 also includes the ADAPTiQ audio calibration system to optimize system performance for your room. The supplied iPod/iPhone dock allows you to listen to music & watch video stored on your iPod or iPhone through the Bose Lifestyle 135. In addition, there is an RF remote control (with LCD) included for convenient wireless operation of the entire system & your connected components.
AV Control Console: The Bose Lifestyle 135 features an AV control console that is equipped with all the system's audio/video inputs & outputs; including 4 HDMI inputs & 1 HDMI output. The AV control console also features a connection for the included iPod/iPhone dock & offers a built-in AM/FM tuner.
Soundbar Speaker Array: The soundbar speaker uses a Speaker Array design & PhaseGuide sound radiators, along with TrueSpace technology to direct sound with precision, sending acoustic detail to the left, right & center of your room.
- Speaker Array Design: The soundbar speaker array features five identical transducers with powerful neodymium magnets.
- PhaseGuide Sound Radiators: The soundbar speaker also employs two PhaseGuide sound radiators to deliver room-filling sound.
- TrueSpace Technology: Proprietary TrueSpace digital processing circuitry delivers a spacious, multichannel sound experience with strong left, right & center imaging from a single soundbar speaker.
Wireless Acoustimass Module: The wireless Acoustimass module produces deep low notes for added home theater realism. The wireless link allows for flexible placement & does away with any speaker cables from the module to the soundbar. The wireless Acoustimass module adds dramatic low notes to your entertainment, without the addition of more cables. The soundbar speaker & Acoustimass module are paired at the factory.
Note: To avoid wireless interference, keep other wireless equipment, such as wireless computer network routers, cordless phones, microwave ovens, or other WiFi-enabled audio/video devices away from the soundbar speaker & Acoustimass module.
Unify Intelligent Integration System: Unify Intelligent Integration System uses on-screen navigation to simplify system setup & everyday use. This proprietary technology walks you through setup, showing the right inputs & best connection options, & even verifies you've done it correctly. Clear, on-screen menus provide all the information you need for your connected sources.
- System Setup: The Unify intelligent integration system walks you through system setup, step by step. As you're connecting components to the control console, the system recommends the best connectors via onscreen messages. It even confirms that the connection was made properly.
- Auto Input: Each device is then automatically added to the source menu accessed on your TV screen. No more toggling through video inputs to find the right source. If you add a Blu-ray player, it will be shown as "Blu-ray" in the on-screen menu. This makes it easy & intuitive for anyone to use the Unify system.
- Remote Programming: Unify technology also simplifies programming your Bose remote to control your Lifestyle 135 system & most anything attached to it. During setup, the Unify system references an internal database to identify each connected component, and automatically teaches the Bose remote to control it. Plus, you'll view system information, including iPod & FM/AM status, on the Bose remote's LCD screen.
Bose Link: The Lifestyle 135 also supports Bose link technology. Bose link whole-home audio technology lets you connect compatible Bose products to the Lifestyle home entertainment system for listening to different sources in as many as 14 additional rooms. For example, a Blu-ray/DVD movie can be playing in the main room , while you listen to the AM/FM radio in the other room.
Note: The AV control console provides a stereo RCA input for each rear-panel HDMI input so you are able to distribute your connected component's audio via Bose Link.
AM/FM Tuner: The Lifestyle 135's control console features a built-in AM/FM tuner and comes with an AM loop antenna and FM wire antenna. The built-in tuner can store up to 25 FM and 25 AM preset stations. The integrated tuner also supports RDS and displays the information on the system's LCD remote.
System Connections: The AV control console plugs into the soundbar speaker via the included proprietary system cable. The wireless Acoustimass module then receives its audio signal wirelessly from the soundbar speaker. The AV control console, soundbar speaker, & wireless Acoustimass module each require a separate AC power connection.
Dolby TrueHD/DTS: The Bose Lifestyle 135 features HDMI, optical, & coaxial digital inputs, while providing up to 7.1ch digital decoding for improved realism from 7.1ch-encoded Blu-ray movies.
Bose ADAPTiQ Audio Calibration System: The soundbar speaker's performance is customized to the acoustics of your room with the Bose ADAPTiQ audio calibration system. ADAPTiQ audio calibration system analyzes the way your room's dimensions & other variables affect sound, then automatically adjusts the sound of your speaker system to the acoustics of your room. To perform a calibration you need about 10 minutes when the room is quiet. While wearing the special headset, the system will ask you to place yourself in five different locations (sitting or standing) in your listening area as the system takes measurements in each. Audio prompts from the system will guide you through the process.
ADAPTiQ Headset: The special headset supplied with the ADAPTiQ system has no speakers, but special microphones designed to be worn above the ears. It enables you to take acoustic measurements in your room during the custom equalization process. The headset has an adjustable headband and a 28' cord terminating in a pair of stereo male RCA plugs. These plug into the system's front-panel left and right RCA inputs.
Audio Compression: The Bose Lifestyle home theater system offers the following audio compression adjustments.
- Enhance Dialogue: Enhances sound output so you can hear movie dialogues more distinctly.
- Smart Volume: Reduces the range of volume levels in a movie soundtrack so the difference between extremely loud outbursts and soft sounds is less noticeable.
- Off: No change to audio track.
Volume Offset: This function increases the volume level of the select source relative to other sources (0-10).
Bass & Treble: You can independently adjust the system's bass & treble level.
Volume On TV: This feature enables the system to display the volume level meter and mute indicator on your TV.
TV Speakers: This function sends HDMI audio to your TV (audio from the TV is not affected by plugging headphones into the control console or by pressing Mute or Volume on the remote).
Note: HDMI audio is only sent to the TV via the system's HDMI inputs. It will not output audio from analog connected sources to your TV.
Analog & Digital Audio Inputs: The Lifestyle 135's control console is equipped with analog & digital inputs.
- Analog Audio Inputs: The Bose 135 features three rear-panel analog stereo RCA audio inputs & one front-panel analog stereo RCA audio input.
- Digital Audio Inputs: The 135 features three rear-panel optical & coaxial digital audio inputs.
Headphone Output: The Lifestyle 135's Control Console features a front-panel 3.5mm headphone output for connecting a set of headphones (sold separately). The system's speakers are muted when a set of headphones are connected. The headphone volume level is controlled by the system's main volume.
6 HD Video Connections: The Bose Lifestyle 135's control console features six high-definition connection so you can enjoy up to six HD video sources-such as your Blu-ray Disc player, cable box, satellite receiver, & gaming system.
- 4 HDMI (ver.1.4) Inputs: The Lifestyle 135 features 3 rear-panel HDMI (1.4) inputs & 1 front-panel HDMI (1.4) input for a one cable audio/video connection. The system's HDMI inputs will accept 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p video signals.
- 2 Component Video Inputs: The 135 is equipped with 2 rear-panel component video inputs. The component video inputs will accept 480i, 480p, 720p, and 1080i video signals
Note: The unit is also equipped with two rear-panel composite video inputs and a front-panel composite video input (the composite video input will support 480i only). The two rear-panel composite video inputs share the audio inputs of the unit's component video inputs.
HDMI Monitor Output: The Bose 135 features an HDMI (ver.1.4) monitor out to connect your TV. All video inputs (composite, component, HDMI) are output via HDMI to your television. The HDMI output can be set to 480i/p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p to match the capability of your television.
Note: The AV Control Console does not feature a composite, S-video, or component video monitor output.
HDMI 1080p Video Upscaling: Automatic video upscaling ensures movies and sports use the highest resolution capabilities of your display; up to 1080p over HDMI.
3D Ready: 3D compatibility ensures you'll see content as intended with 3D TVs, Blu-ray Disc players, gaming consoles, & other 3D sources connected via HDMI.
Note: 3D viewing requires compatible 3D content, 3D-ready HDTV, 3D glasses, & a high-speed HDMI cable (supporting at least 10.2 Gbps) connection.
Image View Format: The Bose Lifestyle 135 features various image view formats to match your connected television and source content. You can select from the following.
- Normal: Leaves original video image unchanged.
- Auto-Wide: Fills width of the screen without cropping any content.
- Stretch 1: Stretches video image evenly from the center.
- Stretch 2: Stretches the edges of the video image much more than the center portion of the image.
- Zoom: Enlarges the video image.
- Gray Bars: Places vertical gray bars on the left and right of a standard definition video image.
Game Mode: This mode produce improved video performance for game systems.
Source Over-scan: This features applies a video over-scan to the current video source.
Audio/Video Sync: This function adjusts the audio delay to synchronize audio with the video. This can be adjust between -2 to +5.
USB Port: The Control Console features a front-panel USB type-A port for viewing JPEG still-image files from a USB device, including a digital camera. The USB port is also used for updating system software & firmware updates.
Note: A USB thumb-drive is provided for system updates. Visit Bose Product Support for the latest software & firmware updates.
iPod/iPhone Dock: The Bose Lifestyle 135 comes supplied with an iPod/iPhone dock for connecting select iPod and iPhone models to the system. The iPod/iPhone dock plugs into the "iPod/iPhone" proprietary port on the back of the AV Control Console. The Lifestyle 135 supports audio/video playback, menu control, on-screen information display, & charging of your connected iPod/iPhone (your iPod/iPhone's click-wheel or touch-screen will be locked). The Lifestyle 135 is "Made for iPod/iPhone compatible" and supports the following iPod/iPhone model functions (10/30/2012).
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Tester Version||Media Type||Control||Display||Charge|
|Audio||Video Out||Remote||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Text||Track #|
- *The iPod nano (7th gen), iPod touch (5th gen), and iPhone 5 will require the Apple Lightning to 30-pin adapter or cable (both, sold separately) in order to dock with this system.
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the device and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until an newer software update is available.
RF Remote Control with LCD Display: The Bose Lifestyle 135 home theater system includes an RF remote for wireless control of the entire system. It features fewer buttons & an LCD screen to simplify management of your entertainment sources. The remote works on radio frequency (2.4 GHz) to operate through walls and floors. This advanced radio frequency remote works throughout your entire room (up to 33'). You do not need to aim it at the system's control console.
- Glow Button: Pressing the glow button on the rear of the remote illuminates the remote's buttons and display. The light turns off automatically after several seconds to pro long battery life.
- Remote Programming: The system's Unify technology simplifies programming the Bose remote to control the Lifestyle system and your components attached to it. During setup, the Unify system references an internal database to identify each connected component, and automatically teaches the Bose remote to control it.
Note: The RF remote operates off of four "AA" batteries.
IR Emitter Cable: The remote control also offers IR commands using the included IR emitter cable to control connected IR devices.
Bass Control Knob: The bass control knob located on the rear-panel of the Acoustimass module allows you to change the bass level output of the system. Turn the bass control knob clockwise to increase the bass or counter-clockwise to decrease the bass.
Flexmount Technology: Proprietary Flexmount technology ensures optimal performance wherever the soundbar is positioned. The soundbar speaker can be mounted to a wall (using the optional WB-135 bracket, sold separately); or placed flat on a table. Flexmount technology detects the soundbar speaker's orientation & ensures optimal audio output however you position the speaker. To raise the soundbar speaker and allow more space under it, you can install the included extension feet.
Note: The Lifestyle 135 system uses the reflective surfaces of your room to deliver wide, spacious sound. For best sound quality, the speaker array should not be placed inside a cabinet, or diagonally in a corner.
Acoustimass Module Placement: When placing the Acoustimass module on bare floors, or other smooth surfaces, attach the included rubber feet to the bottom of the module for greater stability and to protect your floor. For best sound quality, place the Acoustimass module on its feet along the same wall as your TV, or along any other wall in the front third of the room. The front opening of the module can face any direction.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.