Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Bring great Bose sound to any room in your home. The Bose Lifestyle® SA-2 amplifier lets you quickly and easily expand a Lifestyle® home theater system into a multi-room/multi-source system. That means you can enjoy surround sound in your home theater room while other family members tap into the music-playing features of your Lifestyle® system in other areas of your home.
Power speakers in another room
The Lifestyle® SA-2 amplifier delivers 40 watts per channel in stereo ideal for powering a pair of Bose speakers in smaller listening areas, such as a kitchen, bedroom, or den. It also offers patented Bose signal processing circuitry that automatically adjusts tonal balance as you change volume, guaranteeing that you'll enjoy warm, full-bodied stereo sound at any listening level.
Easy, flexible connections
Like all Bose products, the Lifestyle® SA-2 amplifier is designed not only to deliver great sound, but also to offer simple, streamlined operation. The included Bose link cable is all you'll need to connect the amplifier to your main Lifestyle® system. You'll need an expansion remote (sold separately) to operate the SA-2 this remote also gives you easy control of your Lifestyle® system from afar.
Convenient mounting and expansion capabilities
This amplifier is small and sleek enough that you can easily conceal it behind furniture, tuck it away on a shelf, or mount it to a wall. (Mounting hardware not included.) It also includes an expansion output that lets you "daisy-chain" multiple Lifestyle® SA-2 amplifiers for audio in up to 14 additional rooms.
- allows easy multi-room/multi-source expansion of a Bose Lifestyle® home theater system
- operation requires an expansion remote (sold separately)
- 40 watts x 2 into 6 ohms (30-15,000 Hz) at 0.5% THD
- connects to your Lifestyle® system with a single Bose link cable (included)
- expansion output lets you connect up to 15 Lifestyle® amplifiers to a single Lifestyle® system
- wired volume control input allows connection to a wall-mounted volume control
- integrated mounting flanges allow for mounting to walls or floor joists
- compatible with all Bose® speakers rated 6 ohms or higher
- 14-3/16"W x 3-1/2"H x 5-7/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Bose® Lifestyle® SA-2 stereo amplifier Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Bose is the best
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Bose has thought of almost everything. I love the way you can use this amp as an extension to another room from your home theater system. They make it so easier to get music in any room of your house.
Pros: easy to set up
Cons: have to run wires
What's in the box?
- SA-2 stereo amplifier
- 8' AC power cord
- 20' Bose link A cord (with proprietary 9-pin plugs on both ends)
- 8-to-9 pin DIN adapter (has female 9-pin DIN jack on one end and a male 8-pin DIN plug on the other end)
- Owner's Guide (English/Spanish/French)
- "Our Commitment to You" sheet
- Bose Product Registration and Warranty Information
- List of worldwide Bose corporate contacts
Features and Specs
|Number of Channels||2|
|Power Output per Channel (8 ohms)||---|
|Power Output per Channel (6 ohms)||40|
|Power Output per Channel (4 ohms)||---|
|Bridged Power per Channel||N/A|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|Number of Inputs||2|
|Speaker Connectors||Terminal block|
Product Overview: The Bose Lifestyle SA-2 stereo amplifier allows you to expand your Lifestyle system by adding Bose non-powered environmental speakers outdoors (such as Bose 151 SE), or accessory speakers (such as Bose 191 in-ceiling/in-wall, Bose 161, Acoustimass 3, or Bose 201 speakers) in another room. The amplifier outputs 40 watts of power per channel. An additional remote control (such as the RC18S, RC38S or Personal Music Center II remote) is required to control the amplifier.
Important Note: This amplifier is not designed to be used as a stand-alone amplifier. It is designed to be used exclusively with a Bose Lifestyle System.
Signal Processing: The amplifier features Bose proprietary Integrated Signal Processing technology, providing full, rich stereo sound, even when the speakers are playing at low volumes.
Bose Link Input/Output: The SA-2 has a 9-pin Bose Link input for connecting the output of the Lifestyle system using the supplied Bose Link A cable. Multiple SA-2 (or SA-3) amplifiers can be daisy-chained together by connecting the Bose Link output of one amp to the input of another. With a compatible Bose Lifestyle system, you can experience stereo sound in up to 14 additional rooms.
Advanced Features/Room Codes: The amplifier is equipped with 5 micro-switches: one for setting up supplemental amplifiers and the other four for setting up the amplifier room code:
- Single Amp/Supplemental Amp Designation: If you are using the amplifier in a stand-alone configuration, you should set the switch for Single Amp operation. If you are covering a large area with multiple amplifiers, setting all but one amplifier to the Supplemental Amp mode allows you to turn all of the amps on/off, mute them together, or change their volumes simultaneously with one remote control. (The 4 room code switches should all be set alike.)
- Room Codes: When setting up multiple amplifiers for multiple rooms, each room has a unique "room code". The four micro-switches (6, 7, 8, and 9) can be configured for Rooms B through O. The room code on the amplifier should match the room code of the remote used in the room where the speakers are installed.
8-to-9 Pin Adapter: Some Lifestyle systems have an 8-pin Bose link connector. An 8-to-9 pin adapter is supplied to allow you to plug the supplied Bose Link A cable into an 8-pin connector.
Amp Installation: The SA-2 amplifier can be placed on a shelf or tabletop. It can also be wall mounted if you remove the rubber feet and use the guide holes for the mounting hardware. Note: The amplifier weighs 7.6 pounds, so proper hardware must be used to support the amplifier safely.
Speaker Wiring: The amplifier is equipped with a removable, right-angle terminal block for connecting the speaker wires. The speaker wire, up to 14-gauge thick, is first attached to the terminal block, then plugged into the amplifier. The use of 18-gauge wire is recommended for speaker wire runs of up to 30 feet, 16-gauge wire for up to 45 feet, and 14-gauge wire is recommended up to 70 feet.
Use With Volume Controls: A 2-conductor terminal block connector is supplied for use with local wall-mounted volume controls.
Status LED: An LED mounted beside the room switches provides the status of the amplifier's operations. The LED will glow or blink at different intervals to indicate the amp's current status.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
The SA-2 have 40 watts x channel and the SA-3 100 watts x channel [ FRANCISCO Dec 24, 2013 ]