Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Bring great Bose sound to any room in your home. The Bose Lifestyle® SA-3 amplifier lets you quickly and easily expand a Lifestyle® home theater system into a multi-room/multi-source system. That means you can enjoy surround sound in your home theater room while other family members tap into the music-playing features of your Lifestyle® system in other rooms, or even outdoors.
The Lifestyle® SA-3 amplifier is the most powerful stereo amplifier Bose offers. With 100 watts per channel, it can drive any pair of high-performance Bose speakers you choose. The Lifestyle® SA-3 amplifier also offers patented Bose signal processing circuitry that automatically adjusts tonal balance as you change volume, guaranteeing that you'll enjoy warm, full-bodied stereo sound at any listening level.
Like all Bose products, the Lifestyle® SA-3 amplifier not only delivers great sound, but also offers simple, streamlined operation. The included Bose link cable is all you'll need to connect the amplifier to your main Lifestyle® system. An expansion remote (sold separately) is necessary to operate the Lifestyle® SA-3 amplifier this also gives you easy control of your Lifestyle® system from afar.
The Lifestyle® SA-3 amplifier also offers an auxiliary input that lets you hook up an additional piece of A/V gear located in the same room, such as a CD player, a portable audio device, or a TV. An auto-sensing feature allows the amplifier to switch to this local source whenever you turn on the connected component.
This amplifier is small and sleek enough to be easily concealed on the floor, tucked away on a shelf, or mounted to a wall. It also includes an expansion output that lets you "daisy-chain" multiple Lifestyle® SA-3 amplifiers for audio in up to 14 additional rooms.
- allows easy multi-room/multi-source expansion of a Bose Lifestyle® home theater system
- operation requires an expansion remote (sold separately)
- 100 watts x 2 into 6 ohms (30-15,000 Hz) at 0.5% THD
- auto-sensing aux input
- connects to your Lifestyle® system with a single Bose link cable (included)
- expansion output lets you connect up to 15 Lifestyle® amplifiers to a single Lifestyle® system
- wired volume control input allows connection to an on-wall volume control
- integrated mounting flanges allow for mounting to walls or floor joists
- compatible with all Bose® speakers rated 6 ohms or higher
- 14-1/8"W x 4-1/4"H x 5-1/2"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Bose® Lifestyle® SA-3 stereo amplifier Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Great job once again!
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
The Bose amp works awesome ! Plug it in to our lifestyle system. Attach the speakers and he yourself a dedicatedmultiroom remote and away you go! Perfect for outdoor speakers by the pool / lanai - crutch field again shipped super fast!!! It's always a pleasure buying from crutchfield.
Product Works Great!!!
Simple product to hook up, works like a dream. I am really impressed with the Bose product sound. Now the kids can watch TV in the family room while we sit by the pool and relax listening to our favorite music selections. If you are looking for a multi-room solution to expand your music listening horizons I highly recommend this product.
What's in the box?
- SA-3 stereo amplifier
- 8' AC power cord
- 20.25' Bose link A cord (with proprietary 9-pin plugs on both ends)
- 8-to-9 pin DIN adapter (has female 9-pin DIN jack on one end and a male 8-pin DIN plug on the other end)
- Owner's Guide (English/Spanish/French)
- "Our Commitment to You" sheet
- Bose Product Registration and Warranty Information
- List of worldwide Bose corporate contacts
Features and Specs
|Number of Channels||2|
|Power Output per Channel (8 ohms)||---|
|Power Output per Channel (6 ohms)||100|
|Power Output per Channel (4 ohms)||---|
|Bridged Power per Channel||N/A|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|Number of Inputs||2|
|Speaker Connectors||Terminal block|
Product Overview: The Bose Lifestyle SA-3 stereo amplifier allows you to expand your Lifestyle system by adding Bose non-powered environmental speakers outdoors or accessory speakers in another room. An additional remote control (such as the RC18S, RC38S or Personal Music Center II remote) is required to control the amplifier.
Important Note: This amplifier is not designed to be used as a stand-alone amplifier. It is designed to be used exclusively with a Bose Lifestyle System.
Signal Processing: The amplifier features Bose proprietary Integrated Signal Processing technology, providing full, rich stereo sound, even when the speakers are playing at low volumes.
Bose Link Input/Output: The SA-3 has a 9-pin Bose Link input for connecting the output of the Lifestyle system using the supplied Bose Link A cable. Multiple SA-3 (or SA-2) amplifiers can be daisy-chained together by connecting the Bose Link output of one amp to the input of another. With a compatible Bose Lifestyle system you can experience stereo sound in up to 14 additional rooms.
Auxiliary Input: If you wish to plug in a local audio source to play through the speakers in a particular zone, the SA-3 provides a stereo RCA auxiliary input. When the SA-3's micro-switches are set appropriately, the amplifier will automatically detect when the local source is turned on and switch the amplifier to that input.
Advanced Features/Room Codes: The amplifier is equipped with 7 micro-switches: three for setting up advanced features and four for setting up the amplifier room code:
- Mono/Stereo Operation: You can switch between stereo and mono operation. Mono operation may be useful with outdoor speakers covering a large area.
- Local Source Auto Detect: With Auto Detect on, the amplifier can detect when the source unit connected to the Auxiliary input jacks is turned on. The amplifier automatically turns on and switches to the auxiliary input.
- Single Amp/Supplemental Amp Designation: If you are using the amplifier in a stand-alone configuration, you should set the switches for Single Amp operation. If you are covering a large area with multiple amplifiers, setting all but one amplifier to the Supplemental Amp mode allows you to turn all of the amps on/off, mute them together, or change their volumes simultaneously with one remote control. (The 4 room code switches should all be set alike.)
- Room Codes: When setting up multiple amplifiers for multiple rooms, each room has a unique "room code". The four micro-switches (6, 7, 8, and 9) can be configured for Rooms B through O. The room code on the amplifier should match the room code of the remote used in the room where the speakers are installed.
8-to-9 Pin Adapter: Some Lifestyle systems have an 8-pin Bose link connector. An 8-to-9 pin adapter is supplied to allow you to plug the supplied Bose Link A cable into an 8-pin connector.
Amp Installation: The SA-3 amplifier can be placed on a shelf or tabletop. It can also be wall mounted if you remove the rubber feet and use the guide holes for the mounting hardware. Note: The amplifier weighs 11 pounds, so proper hardware must be used to support the amplifier safely.
Speaker Wiring: The amplifier is equipped with a removable, right-angle terminal block for connecting the speaker wires. The speaker wire, up to 14-gauge thick, is first attached to the terminal block, then plugged into the amplifier. The use of 18-gauge wire is recommended for speaker wire runs of up to 30 feet, 16-gauge wire for up to 45 feet, and 14-gauge wire is recommended up to 70 feet.
Use With Volume Controls: A 2-conductor terminal block connector is supplied for use with local wall-mounted volume controls.
Status LED: An LED mounted beside the room switches provides the status of the amplifier's operations. The LED will glow or blink at different intervals to indicate the amp's current status.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
I will be taking my SA 3 amplifier out side the usa to europe what stepdown transformer will you recommend for me to use with my amplifier [ Daniel Kamason May 11, 2014 ]
I forwarded your question to an Advisor and they responded with the following: The SA-3 Bose amplifier connects exclusively to the Bose Lifestyle system via a proprietary cable that comes with the SA-3. From the webpage: connects to your Lifestyle® system with a single Bose link cable (included) If you want to control the volume for this SA-3 independently, the expansion remote will help there. You can check it out here: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_018RC35S2/Bose-RC-35S2-expansion-remote.html?tp=979 If you would like to discuss further you can contact an Advisor directly by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. [ Krissy Apr 15, 2014 ] Staff