Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
If you have a Bose® Lifestyle® V25, V35, or 235 home entertainment system, here's good news. As you expand your system into other rooms, you can also control it from those additional spaces with the RC-35S2 remote. It uses the Bose® link connection found in many Bose® products.
Total system control
The remote uses simple and intuitive controls to operate your system. Four source selection controls feature common functions such as "TV," "FM/AM," and "Disc" so you can operate all the components necessary with a single button push. Select "TV," for example, and the remote will turn on your TV, your Lifestyle® system, and even your set-top box.
Control your system from any room
The RC-35S2 uses radio frequency (RF) commands that can pass through walls, ceilings and floors. It also comes with a Homewide Antenna that improves the strength of the remote's RF signal, giving it a range of up to 65 feet. Just plug the antenna into your Lifestyle® system.
Party by remote control
While you can play different music in separate rooms with your expanded system, sometimes you might want to play the same music everywhere. It's easy with RC-35S2 just press the Party Mode button to switch everything to a single music source and start the festivities.
- for use with select Bose® Lifestyle® home entertainment systems
- uses RF signals to control system from other rooms
- can control Bose® components and speakers in up to 14 rooms
- provides playback controls for devices connected to the Lifestyle® system such as a DVR, DVD player, and docked iPod®
- RF range up to 65 feet
- includes Homewide® antenna to boost signal strength
- compatible with Bose® products with Bose® link
- Party Mode switches speakers in all rooms to a single music source
- includes 4 "AAA" batteries
- 2-5/16"W x 1-1/16"H x 7-11/16"L
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Bose RC-35S2 expansion remote Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Bose RC-35S2 expansion remote
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Super product. Thanks...
Bose RC-35S2 Remote Control
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I love this remote. I have 4 different Bose amps controlling 4 different pairs of speakers thoughout the house and yard. It is really easy to change the zone for each pair of speakers, controlling the volume for each pair, without having to go back to the base unit and its controls.
What's in the box?
- RC35S wireless remote control
- 4 "AAA" alkaline batteries
- 16.75' Homewide antenna (with 1.5mm micro-mini plug on one end)
- Owner's Guide
- Warranty sheet
Overview: The Bose RC35S2 expansion remote lets you access and control your Lifestyle V35, V25, or 235 home entertainment system from anywhere in your home. It is designed to be used wherever you have placed a Bose V-class expansion product, such as a Roommate or Homewide powered speaker system, or a 251 Outdoor Expansion package. The RC35S2 controls the unit via radio frequency (RF) instead of infrared (IR), so it works through most walls, floors, and ceilings--even outdoors. The remote control operates at 27.145 MHz, with a range of approximately 65 feet. The remote is powered by 4 "AAA" batteries.
Homewide Antenna: Included with the remote is the Homewide Antenna, designed to improve the strength of the remote's RF signal. The antenna is approximately 6-1/2' long with a 10' antenna cable. It plugs into your Lifestyle system's control console via its 1.5mm micro mini-plug. The antenna portion should be installed vertically as close as possible to the center of the house.
Room/House Code: Whenever an expansion product is added, a room code must be assigned to it. The RC35S2 remote's room code must be set to match the code of the expansion product. There are 9 DIP switches inside the battery compartment of the remote--switches 6 through 9 are for setting the proper room code. The house code of the remote should be set to match the house code of Lifestyle system using DIP switches 1 through 4. There are 14 possible room codes (B through O) and 16 house codes (0 through 15).
Controls: The RC35S2 offers simple controls for selecting sources and adjusting audio playback in the expansion room. Some of the controls include:
- Power: Turns on and off the Bose link expansion system.
- Party: Links all connected expansion products to the source playing on the Lifestyle system in the main room. The Party Mode is helpful when the same music is desired in multiple rooms.
- Source Selection: A row of four buttons for selecting any device
set up to work with your Lifestyle system. For sources other than AM/FM
radio or iPod, the source must be powered on prior to selection. The source
selection buttons include:
- TV: selects sources configured for TV viewing, including connected set-top boxes connected to the control console. Each press switches to the next available source.
- FM/AM: selects the last FM or AM radio station tuned. Each press toggles between FM and AM bands when the radio is on.
- Disc: selects disc devices connected to the control console, such as DVD, Blu-ray Disc, and CD players. Each press switches to the next available source.
- Other: selects your iPod (if docked), other digital media players, or game consoles connected to the control console, as well as the last selected local source in the expansion room. Each press switches to the next available source.
- Playback Controls: allow you to operate devices connected to the Lifestyle system such as a DVR, DVD/CD player, and docked iPod. Controls include play/pause, stop, skip forward, and skip backwards.
- Volume Controls: Raises and lowers the volume in the expansion room. Mute button mutes expansion room speakers. If pressed and held, the mute button mutes the speakers in all rooms.
- Channel Controls: Changes to next or previous TV channel or radio preset. If source in use is cable/satellite box, it changes the channel on that device. The Previous channel returns to the last TV channel or radio station preset tuned.
- Numeric Keypad: Numbers 0-9 can be used for directly selecting a CD track, DVD chapter, radio station preset, or TV channel. The "dash" button, lets you enter a dash or dot as necessary for a digital TV channel number. An Enter button is provided to confirm channel selection for certain TVs.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.