Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Wireless streaming made simple
Ready to enjoy Internet radio, Pandora® and your digital music library – all played through your favorite speakers? The versatile Bose SoundTouch™ SA-4 amplifier makes it possible. It wirelessly connects to your home Wi-Fi network, letting you stream from a variety of Internet and stored digital sources. The built-in amp powers your speakers, with Bose proprietary signal processing enabling full, rich lows at nearly all listening levels. And you can place your SoundTouch™ SA-4 amplifier/speaker setup just about anyplace — even outdoors.
Back to front: The SoundTouch™ wireless adapter, amplifier, and controller.
The simple, powerful SoundTouch™ app
You can also use the free SoundTouch™ app to control the SoundTouch™ SA-4 amplifier. It gives you easy control of the music using your Apple® or Android™ smartphone or tablet of choice. The app lets you assign up to six presets from your favorite sources. Presets can be just about anything you want — an Internet radio station, a Pandora® station, a playlist from your own music library, or a favorite artist. Plus, you can use the app to play music from additional stations or services not saved in your presets.
The SoundTouch™ SA-4 amplifier includes the SoundTouch™ controller, an elegantly designed circular remote. The controller features an intuitive layout that's simple to master. View current song or station information on the OLED display while controlling volume, skip, pause and power on/off with just the touch of a button. The display also previews the music programmed on all of your presets. Like what you see? Simply press one of the buttons to play that music, instantly.
The controller fits comfortably in the palm of your hand. And it comes with a magnetic wall mount, so you can find the controller easily. Grab the remote off the wall when you're ready to use it, and return it to the mount when you're done. Or you can wall-mount the controller for convenient access.
More listening options with Apple AirPlay®
The SoundTouch™ SA-4 amplifier is AirPlay-compatible, so you can wirelessly stream from your iPhone®, iPod touch®, or iPad®. Enjoy great sound from your favorite music app, a collection of tunes from your library, video soundtrack or game app sound effects. You can also stream music from your laptop or desktop computer's iTunes® library.
Expand your system into multiple rooms
Add more Bose® SoundTouch™ systems to create a wireless multi-room audio system that's simple to use. You can play the same music simultaneously throughout your home, or have each SoundTouch™ system play different music from a different source.
- SoundTouch wireless adapter connects to your Wi-Fi home network
- Apple AirPlay lets you stream music wirelessly from your iPod touch®, iPhone®, iPad®, or computer
- free, easy-to-use SoundTouch control and setup app for smartphones, tablets, and computers
- SoundTouch controller with OLED display and wall-mount hardware
- Ethernet port for connection to a wired home network
- USB port for step-by-step system setup via your computer
- amplifier rated at 100 watts x 2 into 6 ohms (30-15,000 Hz) with 0.5% THD
- AC power adapter
- amplifier: 14"W x 4-1/4"H x 5-1/2"D
- network adapter: 2-1/2"W x 2"H x 9-1/8"D
- controller: 4-1/8" diameter x 1-1/8" depth
- amplifier weighs 11 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Bose® SoundTouch™ SA-4 amplifier Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Bose® SoundTouchT SA-4 amplifier
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
great Amp the controller works great when it holds a signal have a lot of problems maintaining a signal to connect to controller
Pros: Bose Great Sound Great product Happy with that
Cons: controller needs some up grading on signal
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Absolutely love it! Love the connected system where I can control music from Airplay, from the SoundTouch dock, or from the Soundtouch App. I did have to by a Wi-fi range extender since I had wifi dead spots in the area I wanted to control the system, my backyard. I setup 2 different SA-4 systems. One system controls two speakers facing the pool and one system controls two more speakers in a patio. I love that with the Soundtouch app I can have all four playing the same thing, different things, same volume, different volume, etc. Gives me the flexibility I was looking for.
A couple of nuances are that with Airplay you can only play music in ONE system. You cannot use Airplay on both systems simultaneously. If you have even more systems the same applies.
Also, you can load your iTunes music library to the Soundtouch App from a computer. However, in order for you to access the music at a later point, the computer must be on and on the Wifi network. If the computer goes to sleep your music stops. In order to get around this you can buy a Wifi enabled drive for about $200. By doing so you load the iTunes library to a drive that is always connected to wifi and never goes to sleep. This is an easy fix but will cost you $200.
I don't have a big issue with Airplay since I mainly use the Soundtouch app that gives me all the flexibility I need. I don't mind the iTunes library because I can access via Airplay albeit on one SA-4 system.
Pros: Soundtouch app flexibility to control from your phone, ipad, etc. Ability to control systems individually or play the same music in multiple systems and ability to individually control the volume.
Cons: Soundtouch app is a little clunky. Airplay only works in one system at a time. In order to maximize the use of your iTunes library you will likely want to buy a NAS so that the drive is always connected to Wifi and you have constant access to your music. This way you don't have to worry about your computer going to sleep.
Bose sound touch
This is an Excellent way to improve extra sound from amplifiers to extensions to extra rooms or garden, etc.
Pros: The best piece on the market.
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Integrated into my soundtouch network without any difficulty. It allowed me to use my 301 speakers routed through an amplified subwoofer. It is a great solution for those wanting to use 3rd party speakers with soundtouch.
Pros: Ease if use. Works with amp subwoofer
What's in the box?
- 2-Channel amplifier
- Network adapter (w/ attached 6' proprietary cable)
- Remote controller
- 5' AC power cord
- 38" microUSB-B to USB-A cable
- Four "AA" batteries
- Wall-bracket (for controller)
- 2 Screws
- 2 Anchors
- Owner's Guide
- Quick Start Guide
- "Our Commitment To You" letter
- Bose Contact information
SoundTouch Amplifier System: Connect the versatile Bose SoundTouch SA-4 amplifier system to your choice of loudspeakers and enjoy wireless access to Internet radio, Pandora,and your music library. The SoundTouch SA-4 consists of three components; a 100W x 2Ch amp with DSP, a network adapter with wired and wireless connectivity, and a wireless RF remote controller.
100W x 2Ch Amplifier w/ DSP: The Bose SoundTouch SA-4 amplifier is rated at 100 watts x 2 channels (in 6-ohm, at 30-15kHz, with 0.5% THD). The amplifier features Bose proprietary digital signal processing technology, digital volume control, and thermal overload protection. The amplifier feature screw-type speaker terminals; connect only 8- or 6-ohm speakers to the amplifier with 18- to 14-gauge speaker wire.
Wireless or Wired Network Connection: The SoundTouch SA-4 amplifier includes a network adapter that offers a wired (Ethernet) or wireless (WiFi) connection to your home network. The network adapter features a rear-panel Ethernet (R-J45) port and built-in WiFi (802.11 b/g). The system's network connection must be setup initially from your Windows or Mac computer using the Bose SoundTouch App and the included microUSB-to-USB cable. The included network adapter must be plugged into the SA-4 amplifier's Bose Link input on the rear-panel. The network adapter has a wireless rang of 70'.
Note: The network adapter connects to the SA-4 amplifier with a 6' proprietary cable. Make sure to place the SA-4 amplifier so that the network adapter is within range of your WiFi router or network access point.
SoundTouch App (for Windows/Mac computer): The SoundTouch app for Windows & Macintosh is required for initial setup of the Bose SoundTouch SA-4. The SoundTouch app lets you setup and control the SoundTouch SA-4 from your Windows PC (XP/7/8) or Mac computer (OS X 10.6.8+). Simply install the SoundTouch app onto your computer on your home network and use the app to setup the SoundTouch amplifier, network adapter, and remote controller to your wireless or wired home network. Once setup is complete, you can use this app to explore Internet radio, select online music services, or your music library from your home network and computer on the Bose SoundTouch SA-4.
SounTouch Controllers: There are two ways to control the Bose SoundTouch SA-4 amplifier. You can use the included SoundTouch controller or the free SoundTouch Controller App on your computer, smartphone, or tablet.
- SoundTouch Controller Remote: The SoundTouch RF remote controller's unique design offers intuitive controls that give you immediate access to your music, so you don't need to use your smartphone, tablet, or computer. You can adjust the volume, skip or pause songs, and turn the SoundTouch system on or off, from across the room. The remote operates off of RF and has a range of approximately 70'. The SoundTouch controller is powered by four standard "AA" batteries. With typical usage, they should last 6 to 12 months When the batteries get below a certain point, the controller's OLED display will indicate that it's time to replace them. A wall-mount bracket and hardware are included mount the remote controller to a wall.
- SoundTouch Controller App (for Apple iOS/Android): Download the free SoundTouch Controller app (from the iTunes Apps store or Google Play Store) onto your Apple iOS (iOS 5.0+) or Android (4.0.3+) device so you can control the volume of the Bose SoundTouch SA-4 amplifier and your streaming sources from your mobile device. You'll be able to control music streaming from Internet radio, available online music services, and your computer's music library
Variety Of Music Sources: The SoundTouch SA-4 supports a variety of music options; including Internet Radio, Pandora Radio, music files stored on your computer, and stored music/music apps on your Apple iOS device.
- Internet Radio + Pandora: The SoundTouch SA-4 lets you play Internet radio stations from around the world. You also get access to the Pandora Radio online music service. Currently Pandora is the only online music service available, but more music services will be added in the future.
- Music Stored On Your Computer: The SoundTouch SA-4 can play back MP3, WMA, and AAC music files that are managed by iTunes or Windows Media Player on your Windows or Mac computer. Your computer must be connected to the same wired or wireless home network as the SoundTouch SA-4.
- AirPlay for iOS devices: You are able to stream stored music and music apps from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the SoundTouch Wi-Fi music systems via AirPlay. You can also stream your entire iTunes music library on your laptop/desktop computer using Apple's free Remote app for iPod touch/iPhone/iPad. Your iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad must have iOS 4.3 or later installed and connected to the same wireless home network as the SoundTouch music system.
Note: You cannot stream music stored on an Android phone or from apps on an Android phone to the Bose SoundTouch system.
Six Presets: You can personalize six presets to your favorite streaming music services (Pandora) and Internet radio stations, or playlists, artists, albums, and songs from your computer's music library. The presets can easily be set, changed, and accessed directly on the system or with the free SoundTouch app on your computer or iOS/Android device. You cannot set presets for AirPlay or the Aux input.
Multi-Room Compatible: You can link up to four SoundTouch music systems together for a multi-room/multi-source audio experience. You are able to play the same music source or different music source on each SoundTouch system, using the SoundTouch app on your computer or iOS/Android device.
USB Ports (Setup Only): The USB type-A and type-B connectors on the back of the included network adapter are for setup only. These connectors are not designed to playback or charge smartphones, tablets, thumbdrives, or other similar devices.
Dimensions & Weight:
- Amplifier: 14.25" (w) x 4.25" (h) x 5.5" (d); 11.0 lbs
- Network Adapter: 2.5" (w) x 2.0" (h) x 9.375" (d); 12.0 oz
- Remote Controller: 4.125" (diameter) x 1.125" (depth); 8.0 oz
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
Correction. This system can drive 2 pairs of speakers as long as they are a 6 ohm min load. meaning if you had 2 pairs of 4 ohm speakers they could be wired in series to equal an 8 ohm load. If 2 pairs of 4 ohm speakers wired parallel it would equal 2 ohms which would excede the min rating. [ Adam May 28, 2015 ]
Only if you use some kind of switch that chooses speakers A or speakers B. The system itself can not drive two sets of speakers. I have this on my porch and use a switch that lets me choose inside the porch or on the patio....but not both. [ Jeffrey Apr 06, 2015 ]