Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Carry your Bose SoundDock Portable in this durable travel case. It includes a comfortable padded shoulder strap and interior compartments for holding the SoundDock Portable's AC adapter and other small accessories. The nylon case features a padded lining to protect your SoundDock Portable while travelling.
- travel bag for Bose SoundDock Portable
- vinyl case with padded lining
- three pockets for accessories
- pocket for SoundDock battery
- adjustable shoulder strap
- warranty: 60 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Bose® SoundDock® Portable Travel Bag Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
This bag is a must if you have or are getting the SoundDock Portable. There are three small pouches on the front of the bag beneath the flap cover. They ended up being perfect for us (one for the remote, one for our iPod Classic, and one for my wife's iPhone). The unit fits snugly in the bottom of the bag. An attached interior flap folds down to cover and protect the gloss finish of the unit and creates additional storage space in the top of the bag for the wall plug (in it's own compartment), a camera, headphones, etc. The magnetic closure of the cover holds tight with the bag laying on it's side under the seat of an airplane even with all that extra stuff inside.
The one minor downfall is that once the prongs are detatched from the wall plug in order to fit it in it's compartment, there is no dedicated place to store them. It's a small, fragile piece that would probably be fine rattling around in the top of the bag, but we kept it elsewhere to be safe. This is not enough to knock the bag down to four stars. If I could've, I'd've given it 4.75 stars. Since I couldn't, I just rounded.
Nice compliment to the SoundDock
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
This traveling case for the SoundDock Portable was a great addition to the unit itself. It has been functional and easy to use, and compliments the look of the Bose product itself. Its magnetic closure are easy, but not very secure. I would have rated it a perfect five except for a couple of other things:
1. The SoundDock fits snugly in the unit, but leaves a space about 12x3x4 inch space in the top. Bose conveniently created a storage pocket for the large wall wart power unit that fits in this space, but there is a large unused space left over. Unfortunately there are no other convenient "pouches" in this top area, so anything you put in that area will scratch the top of the SoundDock. I think it would have been better to have a pouch the full width of the case, that you could put the wall wart in, as well as cables and other items.
2. Although it is nice to have the pocket for the wall wart power unit, Bose recommends that you remove the "power prongs" that actually plug into the wall. Not only is this hard to do (they are very tight) but it is a hassle, and the pouch cannot contain them without stressing out the pouch. I don't know about you, but I don't have any "portable" electronics that require disassembly of the power supplies-a huge oversight in my mind.
What's in the box?
- Black portable vinyl/nylon bag for Bose Portable SoundDock
Overview: The Bose SoundDock Portable black nylon bag is custom designed to fit the Bose SoundDock Portable digital music system. The nylon bag features a vinyl flap with a magnetic latch and features a padded lining to secure and protect your Bose SoundDock Portable unit. In addition to the bag's main compartment, the black nylon bag three additional pockets and one secure pouch for storing the SoundDock Portable's power supply, remote control, additional battery and your iPod. The bag also features and adjustable, padded shoulder strap for added comfort and convenience.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.