Our take on the Clarion CMD9
Built-in Bluetooth®... and more
Clarion's marine-rated CMD9 CD receiver has everything you need to keep your entire crew entertained. With features like built-in Bluetooth and easy iPod®/iPhone® compatibility, it's the receiver to have when you want to get away from it all – without getting away from all your entertainment options.
This rugged Clarion offers all the features you'd expect in a high-end receiver. Built-in Bluetooth means you can stream music or take important calls using your Android smartphone. Plug your iPhone into the USB jack and enjoy direct control over calls or your Pandora playlists.
3" color display
And, with a simple press of a button, the front panel flips down to reveal the CD slot. You can play your favorite commercial CDs, or enjoy MP3 and WMA files. The panel also houses a beautiful 3" color LCD display that gives you clear, readable information about what's playing or who's calling.
The 3" color display gives this Clarion marine receiver a distinctive (and very cool) look.
Made to perform, ready to grow
The CMD9 features a built-in MOSFET amplifier, a 3-band parametric equalizer, and high- and low-pass filters, so you'll get great performance from your system, no matter what source you're listening to. When it's time to expand your system, you'll find the dual rear USB ports convenient for connecting devices, while the three sets of preamp outputs ease the job of adding marine amps and subs.
If you're a SiriusXM satellite radio subscriber (or plan to be), the CMD9 is fully compatible with the SXV200 tuner (sold separately). You'll enjoy a vast selection of music, news, entertainment and sports programming, and satellite radio reception extends up to 100 miles offshore. You can even tag your favorite songs and purchase them on iTunes® later.
Clarion invests thousands of hours into making their marine receivers tough enough to withstand salt water, heavy fog, blistering sunlight, and lashing rain. All that hard work leads to features like a stainless steel chassis and an integrated drip shield that protects the coated, sealed circuit board. The front panel, when closed, is a watertight barrier that keeps moisture away from the internal circuitry. From the inside out, this quality receiver is engineered to stand up to the extremes of a marine environment.
Note: Bluetooth compatibility with this receiver may vary, depending on your phone and service provider.
- marine CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in MOSFET amp (19 watts x 4 RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth
- iPod/iPhone direct control via USB
- Pandora® control via USB iPod/iPhone app
- 3" color LCD display
- plays your CD/MP3/WMA music
- J1939 CAN Bus interface allows you to control this Clarion with your boat's multi-function display
- sealed, coated circuit board
- stainless steel chassis
- watertight front panel meets IP66 standards
- meets or exceeds ASTM D4329 (UV exposure)
- meets or exceeds ASTM B117 (salt/fog exposure)
- wireless remote included
- 3-band parametric equalizer
- switchable high- and low-pass filters
- global AM/FM tuner
- long memory retention for presets
- low power consumption mode when powered off
- wireless remote included; works with a variety of optional Clarion wired remotes
- SiriusXM-ready with iTunes tagging (SXV200 tuner required, not included)
- iPod/iPhone video playback with CCA750 cable (optional)
- inputs: rear RCA aux in; two rear 2.1-amp USB ports
- 8-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, sub, plus a set of outputs for a secondary zone)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee