Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Complete the picture with Yamaha's AVENTAGE® Blu-ray player
Yamaha's BD-A1010 provides a stunning high-definition picture, and immersive surround sound a combination that will make every movie night an incredible experience. Part of Yamaha's AVENTAGE® family of high-quality components, this no-nonsense player delivers superb picture and sound from Blu-ray discs, DVDs, CDs, SACDs, DVD-Audio, and more. And when you pair it with a 3D-ready receiver and 3D HDTV, you can experience a new dimension with 3D movies, too (3D glasses also required).
Added convenience with digital streaming and free smartphone remote apps
You've settled into your sofa for the evening, flipped through all your TV channels and come up empty. No worries. With the BD-A1010 connected to your home network, you can check out Netflix's online service and stream movies and TV shows straight to your TV. Not in the mood for a movie? Head on over to YouTube Leanback to catch the latest viral video clips or favorites from your list. That same Ethernet connection lets you grab videos, photos, and music stored on your Windows® computer and play them through your home theater system. For a quick look or listen, front and rear USB ports make it easy to share music and photos stored on a thumb drive. And you're just a free app away from using your smartphone as a convenient wireless remote. Use the free app with your Apple® or Android device and connected Wi-Fi® network and you'll have the best remote in hand.
- plays standard and 3D Blu-ray discs, SACDs, DVD-Audio discs, DVDs, and CDs
- Internet-ready plays TV shows, movies, and videos from Netflix® (membership required), YouTube Leanback, and more
- streams photos/videos/music from a compatible DLNA-enabled Windows® PC
- free Yamaha remote app lets you use your iPod touch®, iPhone® or Android device as a Wi-Fi remote
- BD-Live Ready thumb drive required for downloading content
- remote control
- selectable output resolution: 1080p signals available through HDMI output only; 720p/1080i signals available through HDMI or component video
- selectable 720p/1080i/1080p video upconversion for DVD (upconverted video available through HDMI output only)
- built-in audio decoding for Dolby Digital, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, and DTS-HD Master Audio
- high-resolution audio can be decoded in the player or in your compatible receiver (HDMI connection required)
- video outputs include composite video, component video, and HDMI
- analog component video output resolution may be limited when viewing copy-protected discs
- audio outputs include stereo, multichannel, coaxial digital, and optical digital
- dual USB ports (1 front; 1 rear) for playing JPEG photo and MP3 or WMA music files
- Ethernet port for Internet streaming, BD-Live downloads, and more
- IR input and output for remote repeater systems
- RS-232C port for third-party controllers
- detachable power cord
- 17-1/8"W x 3-3/4"H x 14-1/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- viewing high-definition 3D Blu-ray content requires a 3D-compatible HDTV and 3D glasses
Blu-ray Disc players the ultimate picture and sound
Blu-ray players deliver a better picture to your HDTV than any other available source. In fact, Blu-ray's 1080p picture is a perfect match for the 1080p screens found on most current TVs. Blu-ray movies also offer the most precise and realistic surround sound you can get. These players do a terrific job with standard DVDs, too you'll see a cleaner, clearer picture with every disc in your collection. Many Blu-ray players can connect to the Internet for watching online movies from Netflix® and other video services.
Yamaha BD-A1010 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Great movies - Poor CD performance
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I've had issues with Yamaha over the years because of reliability issues and unfortunately this unit is no different. It cannot seem to play CD-Rs or CD-RWs without dropouts while my other players provide flawless service. OTOH it seems to play movies flawlessly including the Blu-Ray version of Iron Man that is incomprehensible to my Sony Blu-Ray player, even with the latest firmware update.
I'll probably keep this player because the movies are the primary use this player will see but it would oh so nice if the thing worked just as it should.
Pros: Great movies. Blu-Ray movies load fast so this player will be my default player for this format.
Cons: Unacceptable CD performance.
High Quality Unit
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
This unit is a high quality well-constructed universal player. It boots up quickly and reads every disc I play in it without any problems. The menus are easy to follow and setup was no problem (plenty of menu options for tweaking to your individual taste). What I look for in a good player is how well the disc tray opens and closes and if it is flimsy or not and how noisy the tray is when it ejects and the picture and sound quality of course. The BD1010 does not disappoint in any of these areas. Tray is very quiet and sturdy when it ejects and closes. The picture quality is great and the sound is great, for the price you cannot beat the value of this unit. I am very happy with my purchase and would recommend this player.
Pros: Plenty of audio and video options for whatever your needs are.
A solid, high-end universal player!
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
After looking at several makes/models of players, I've finally found one that works for my many disc formats: blu-ray, DVD, CD and SACD. This player starts up fast, reads the disc (regardless of format) and begins playback without hanging. The build quality of this player is beautiful - almost 10 lbs with a brushed aluminum black anodized front, with tactile hard buttons and a nice-sized light blue LED display panel. The rear panel is well laid-out with a plethora of analog outputs as well. I'm still getting used to tweaking the settings, but the video output of this player looks very close to that of my Oppo 93. Highly recommended!
Pros: Solid build quality, quick startup, a wealth of features and great audio and video.
Cons: Nothing, but if I had to nitpick the onscreen displays could be more complete. I'd like to see it display SACD disc title, artist, and track name. For blu-rays and DVDs I'd like to see elapsed/running time and video & audio bitrate.
What's in the box?
- Single-disc Blu-ray Disc player
- Wireless remote control (BDP114)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 6.5' AC power cord
- 5' Composite video cable
- 5' Stereo RCA audio cable
- Owner's manual
- "Useful Functions" sheet
- Notice for watching 3D video images
- Warranty information
- On-line product registration information
- Blockbuster On Demand information
Features and Specs
|Surround Sound Decoding||
Dolby Digital Plus
DTS-HD High Resolution Audio
DTS-HD Master Audio
|4K Ultra HD|
|Internet Movie Streaming||Netflix, Blockbuster, YouTube|
|Smartphone App Control||Yes|
|DVD Video Upconversion||720p, 1080i, 1080p|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|DVD-Audio Playback||2ch, multi-ch|
|Digital Optical Output||1|
|Digital Coaxial Output||1|
|Analog Audio Outputs||7.1ch + 2ch|
|1080p Video Output||Yes|
|Component Video Outputs||1|
Disc Compatibility: The Yamaha BD-A1010 Blu-ray disc player is compatible with many disc types:
|Disc Type||Disc Description|
|Blu-ray||BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE|
|DVD||DVD-Video, DVD-Audio, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW|
|CD||CD-Audio, SA-CD, CD-R, CD-RW|
Blu-ray Disc: Blu-ray, also known as Blu-ray Disc (BD) is the name of a next-generation optical disc format. The format was developed to enable recording, rewriting and playback of high-definition video (HD), as well as storing large amounts of data. The format offers more than five times the storage capacity of traditional DVDs and can hold up to 25GB on a single-layer disc and 50GB on a dual-layer disc. This extra capacity combined with the use of advanced video and audio codecs will offer consumers an unprecedented HD experience.
- Better Picture Quality: Blu-ray Disc is a true high-definition format offering video at 720p, 1080i, or 1080p resolution. While standard DVDs look very good on an HDTV, they don't provide a high-definition signal (not even when you use an up-converting DVD player). Blu-ray Disc delivers an extraordinarily sharp, clean, detailed picture, with deeper, richer colors.
- Better Sound Quality: In addition to the same multi-channel sound formats you're accustomed to with DVD (Dolby Digital and DTS), Blu-ray Disc offers Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution, and uncompressed 7.1 channel PCM.
- Much Greater Storage Capacity: What makes Blu-ray Disc's superior picture and sound possible is the much higher storage capacity of Blu-ray Disc discs. A single-layer Blu-ray Disc can hold 25 gigabytes of data, over five times the amount a standard DVD can hold. Dual-layer Blu-ray Discs hold 50 gigabytes, which equates to nine hours of High Definition or 23 hours of Standard Definition video, plus high-resolution multi-channel audio and the added features and material that require multiple discs with standard DVD.
- Backward Compatible: To ensure backward-compatibility with your existing library of discs, Blu-ray Disc players use a dual-laser mechanism: a blue laser for playing high-definition Blu-ray Discs, and a conventional red laser for playing DVDs and audio CDs.
Note: Like DVD, BD uses region codes. The region code on your disc must match the region code on your player, otherwise the disc will not play. The BD-A1010 is Blu-ray region A and DVD region 1. Blu-ray Disc uses the Advanced Access Content System (AACS) to prevent unauthorized recording of copyrighted material.
Blu-ray 3D: Blu-ray 3D is the Blu-ray disc video format for 3-dimensional (3D) video playback developed by the Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA). Supporting Full HD (1080p), so you can enjoy high quality 3D video. TV and Blu-ray titles are also required to be 3D compatible to enjoy the 3D experience. Adding a 3D capable A/V Receiver will provide a more engaging audio and video consumer experience.
Firmware Updates: As Blu-ray technology continues to evolve, new disc types with enhanced functionality will become available. In order for you to enjoy this new functionality, you will likely be required to update the firmware in your player. These firmware updates will become available for downloading from the Internet via the rear panel Ethernet terminal. Occasionally, Yamaha may release new firmware for the purpose of additional features or product improvements. Firmware updates can be downloaded from the Yamaha website via the player's Ethernet connection.
Note: The tested Yamaha BD-A1010 contained Firmware Version 1.4912. Visit the BD-A1010's Yamaha Support Page for the latest Firmware update information.
DVD-Audio: DVD-Audio is an extension of the highly popular DVD format, distinguished by its capability to deliver high quality multi-channel audio capability previously unavailable in traditional packaged audio media.
SA-CD: Blu-ray Players that support Super Audio CD use a technology called Direct Stream Digital (DSD) to convert music into a digital signal that can be stored on a disc. Compared to the traditional PCM method (the technology used for CD), DSD offers a much higher resolution by following more closely the original waveform of music. With a frequency response of over 100kHz and a dynamic range over 120dB across the audible frequency range, some 64x higher resolution then CD , Super Audio CD offers music reproduction that reveals details you just can't hear on a normal CD.
AVCHD: AVCHD (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264) is a digital video format used to record high definition or standard definition video, using an efficient data compression coding technology. The format is designed to compress video and audio (Dolby Digital or Linear PCM) data, enabling a high definition video signal shot on a digital camcorder and recorded on DVD disc to be played back. The BD-A1010 supports AVCHD playback from DVD-R/RW and DVD+R/RW discs.
DivX Plus HD: The Yamaha BD-A1010 supports DivX Plus HD playback from DVD-R/RW & CD-R/RW discs. The unit supports DivX video with a resolution up to 1920 x 1080 pixels.
JPEG Slideshows: The BD-A1010 will playback JPEG still image files written to DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, & CD-R/RW discs.
MP3/WMA/WAV Playback: The Yamaha Blu-ray disc player supports playback of MP3 (8-320 kbps), WMA (32-192 kbps), & WAV (LPCM 44.1kHz/16-bit) audio files recorded onto DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, & CD-R/RW discs.
Parental Control: Parental Control allows you to set a rating limit based on the age of the viewer (Kid Safe, G, PG, PG-13, PGR, R, NC-17, Adult, & Off), preventing your children from viewing inappropriate material. Playback will stop if the ratings exceed the level you set, & it will require your to enter a 4-digit password before the disc will play back.
Video Outputs: The Yamaha BD-A1010 Blu-ray disc player is equipped with two high-definition video outputs (HDMI/component) and one standard-definition video output (composite).
- HDMI 1.4 Output: The Yamaha BD-A1010 features a single HDMI (ver.1.4) output for digital audio/video signal transmission. HDMI 1.4 supports 1080p/24Hz resolution, 3D video, Deep Color, x.v.Color, and HDMI CEC. The HDMI output supports 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p and 1080p/24 resolutions. Standard definition DVD signals (480p) are scaled and output at the specified resolution via HDMI.
- Component Video Output: The component video output supports 480i & 480p video signals.
Note: The player's component video output can also be used as a composite video output for standard 480i video playback.
1080p/24Hz Output: The BD-A1010 includes a 1080/24p HDMI output option to faithfully transfer film images as they were originally recorded. When connected to a 1080/24p display, you can enjoy the remarkable video performance of Blu-ray disc without converting or scaling the signal.
DVD Upscaling (via HDMI): Through the HDMI output, the BD-A1010 is capable of upscaling the resolution of your standard DVDs. Output options include Auto (highest resolution accepted by the TV), 1080p (60/24Hz), 1080i, or 720p. If necessary the output resolution can also be set to 480p or 480i.
3D-Ready: The Yamaha BD-A1010 lets you enjoy 3D Blu-ray disc movies in full HD 1080p. There are two 3D output settings:
- Auto: This player automatically selects 3D or 2D mode based on video content.
- Off: This player always selects 2D mode.
Note: 3D viewing requires compatible 3D content, 3D-ready HDTV, 3D emitter & glasses, and a high-speed HDMI cable (supporting at least 10.2 Gbps) connection.
x.v.Color: x.v.Color reproduces a wider range of color than the HDTV standard, showing almost all of the colors that the human eye can detect. Currently there is no x.v.Color software available on Blu-ray, but the BD-A1010 is ready to take advantage of x.v.Color discs when they become available.
Deep Color: The HDMI output supports Deep Color, increasing the number of bits available for transmission, meaning more colors are displayed. The BD-A1010 can provide 4,096 shades of each of the three primary colors, for a total of 68.7 billion possible colors. This results in greater color fidelity, smooth tonal transitions, and ultra-fine gradations between colors. It also enables more shades of gray, for higher contrast ratio.
Bonus View: The Bonus View feature provides picture-in-picture capability with select Blu-ray Disc titles. You can view additional content (such as director/actor commentary) in a small display window while the movie is playing.
TV Aspect: Set the TV aspect ratio to match the connected television:
- 16:9 Full: Stretches a 4:3 image horizontally to fill the 16:9 screen
- 16:9 Normal: Displays a 4:3 image on the 16:9 screen in its original aspect, with black bars on the sides
- 4:3 Pan&Scan: Fills a 4:3 screen with a 16:9 signal, centering on the action and cutting off the extreme sides of the picture
- 4:3 Letter Box: Displays 16:9 video on a 4:3 screen in the letter box mode with black bars at the top and bottom
Video Mode: You can select which Video mode suits your preference, viewing environment, and video content.
- Standard: The image is natural and well-balanced. This mode is suited for normal use.
- Vivid: The image is more vivid and sharp.
- Cinema: The image is suited for watching movies in a dark room.
- Custom: You can adjust the visual image manually using
the following parameters:
- Brightness: adjusts overall brightness of image
- Saturation: adjusts the richness of the color in the projected images
- Hue: adjusts the tint of the projected image
- Contrast: adjusts the bright areas (white levels) in the image
- Sharpness: adjusts the sharpness of objects in the video
- CTI: smoothes out the edges of color images, so color images are rendered more distinct
Advanced Video Settings: The Yamaha BD-A1010 player also offers the following advanced video settings to further fine tuner the player:
- Color Adjust: You can adjust brightness/saturation/hue for each color (red/green/blue/yellow/cyan/magenta).
- Auto Contrast: Adjusts contrast to optimize the played back image.
- Noise Reduction: You can se the Noise Reduction to a level of 0 to 3.
- De-Interlacing Mode: You can select how to detect the video signal. Set to Auto for normal use. When horizontal stripping noise appears on the screen, set this to Film/Video to remove the noise.
24-bit/192kHz Audio DAC: The Yamaha BD-A1010 is equipped with a 24-bit/192khz audio DAC (digital-to-analog) converter for superior audio playback from your Blu-ray, DVD, & CD disc collection.
Digital Audio Formats: The Blu-ray player's HDMI output is capable of multi-channel bitstream (Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby Digital, and DTS) and multi-channel PCM output. The optical and coaxial digital outputs pass either Dolby Digital or DTS bitstream, or 2-channel PCM.
- Dolby TrueHD: Dolby TrueHD is Dolby's next-generation lossless technology developed for high-definition disc-based media. Dolby TrueHD delivers tantalizing sound that is bit-for-bit identical to the studio master, unlocking the true high-definition entertainment experience on next-generation discs. When coupled with high-definition video, Dolby TrueHD offers an unprecedented home theater experience that lets you enjoy sound as stunning as the high-definition picture.
- DTS-HD: DTS-HD Audio delivers sound quality that matches the clear and vivid images of high-definition video. Blu-ray and HD-DVD discs deliver five times the video resolution of standard DVD and produce images with stunning realism. But that's only half of the story. You need incredible sound to complete the high definition experience and DTS-HD Audio provides the highest quality multi-channel sound possible. Movies come alive with sound as lifelike as the picture, and music becomes as real as a live performance.
Audio Format Chart:
|Bitstream||PCM||Re-encode||Bitstream||PCM||Re-encode||7.1ch surround||Mixed 2ch|
|PCM 2ch||PCM 2ch||PCM 2ch||2ch||2ch|
|PCM 5.1ch||PCM 5.1ch||PCM 2ch||5.1ch||2ch|
|PCM 7.1ch||PCM 7.1ch||PCM 2ch||7.1ch||2ch|
|Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital||PCM 5.1ch||Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital||PCM 2ch||Dolby Digital||5.1ch||2ch|
|Dolby Digital Plus||Dolby Digital Plus||PCM 7.1ch||Dolby Digital Plus||Dolby Digital||PCM 2ch||Dolby Digital||7.1ch||2ch|
|Dolby TrueHD||Dolby TrueHD||PCM 7.1ch||Dolby Digital TrueHD||Dolby Digital||PCM 2ch||Dolby Digital||7.1ch||2ch|
|DTS||DTS||PCM 5.1ch||DTS||DTS||PCM 2ch||DTS||5.1ch||2ch|
|DTS HD||DTS-HD||PCM 7.1ch||DTS-HD||DTS||PCM 2ch||DTS||7.1ch||2ch|
NEO6: The NEO6 sound mode lets you upmix 2-channel audio signals to multi-channel. You can choose between Cinema or Music mode.
Direct Stream Digital (DSD) Encoding: The Super Audio CD standard is based on Direct Stream Digital (DSD) technology, a 1-bit system with a digital sampling frequency 64x that of conventional audio CD's 2,822,400 samples per second. Mixed with as many of the original frequencies as possible, the audio information audible for human ears sounds much more natural than CD. The DSD bitstream can be output via HDMI or the multi-channel output.
Note: The player's optical & coaxial digital outputs do not support SA-CD audio output.
Pure Direct: There are two Pure Direct options to optimize sound quality (three counting Off):
- Mode 1: turns off the video circuitry and front panel display
- Pure Direct 2: turns off the front panel display and the component and composite video outputs (HDMI is still active)
Dynamic Range Control: You can activate the Dynamic Range Control (DRC) function to compress the dynamic range of the output signals when playing back DVD/BD recorded in Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, or Dolby TrueHD.
Lip Sync: In some cases when the player is connected to a HDTV, the audio signal may not synchronize with the video signal. If this occurs, adjust the audio delay time to match the video signal. You can set the player to automatically adjust the audio delay or your can manually adjust the audio delay.
Audio Outputs: The Yamaha BD-A1010 Blu-ray disc player is equipped with two digital audio outputs (optical/coaxial, plus stereo & multi-channel analog audio outputs (RCA).
- Digital Audio Outputs: This unit features one optical & one coaxial digital output. These can be connected to an A/V receiver, amplifier, surround decoder, or other component with a digital input. Depending on the source and setting, the output will be Dolby Digital, DTS, or 2-channel PCM. The digital audio outputs can also be set to Re-encode; this adds the secondary audio (picture-in-picture commentary for example), if present, to the main soundtrack and re-encodes the signal as DTS.
- Analog Audio Outputs: The BD-A1010 offers built-in Dolby Digital & DTS decoders with 7.1-channel analog outputs. In addition to the 7.1-channel analog outputs, the unit features a stereo audio output for connecting to a TV or receiver. Even when the source audio is multi-channel (Dolby Digital, DTS, etc), these jacks will output a downmixed 2-channel signal.
Speaker Settings: When using the multi-channel analog outputs the following speaker management adjustments are available:
- Size/Configuration: Select large or small for the front, center, surround, & surround back channels; the center, surround, surround back, & subwoofer channels can also be disabled if not in use.
- Trim: Set the volume level individually for each of the 7.1 channels; -12 dB to 0 dB (relative to the line level signal).
- Delay: Optimize the time at which sound is output from each speaker according to their distance from your listening position; 0.5m to 10m in 0.5m increments.
Dual USB Ports: The BD-A1010 has front & rear-panel USB (type-A) ports. The rear port is used for the temporary storage needed for BD-Live features, and either can be used to play audio (MP3/WMA), video (DivX/WMV), or still image (JPEG) files saved on a USB flash drive. The USB memory device must be formatted with FAT 32/16.
- Audio File Playback: MP3 (8-320 kbps), WMA (32-192 kbps), WAV (LPCM 44.1kHz/16-bit)
- Video File Playback: DivX, WMV9 (maximum resolution of 1920 x 1080)
- Photo File Playback: JPEG
Network Connection: The Yamaha Blu-ray player features an Ethernet RJ-45 port (10BASE-T/100BASE-TX) to connect to the internet via your home network to enjoy BD-Live content, access firmware updates, and stream content (video, music, and still photos) from your network or the Internet.
DLNA Certified: DLNA certification ensures a device is compatible with other devices designed according to the DLNA interoperability guidelines. The BD-A1010 is certified as a Digital Media Player for audio (MP3/WMA/WAV), video (WMV), and still photos (JPEG) stored on your Windows PC (Windows 7 recommended).
Video On-Demand: You can instantly watch movies from Netflix, Blockbuster, and Film Fresh over the internet using this Blu-ray disc player. You also get access to YouTube Leanback.
- Netflix (2ch): With more than 20 million members in the United States and Canada, Netflix is the world's leading Internet subscription service for enjoying movies and TV shows. The Blu-ray player supports up to 2CH audio streaming from Netflix. For a monthly subscription fee, Netflix members can instantly watch unlimited movies and TV episodes streamed over the Internet. Netflix is available in the United States and Canada.
- Blockbuster On-Demand: Blockbuster On-Demand gives you the convenience of renting movies online and the ability to exchange them in-store. When you're finished watching a DVD, you can return it by mail or exchange it for a movie rentals or discounted game rentals at participating Blockbuster stores. Blockbuster's online DVD library has more than 95,000 titles, and it's growing every week. Subscription plans starting at $11.99.
- Film Fresh: Film Fresh (by RoxioNow) offers thousands of online movies & TV episodes for you to download and instantly watch. No subscription necessary. You can rent movies for $2.99 or purchase movies for $9.95.
- YouTube Leanback: YouTube Leanback is a new way to watch YouTube videos on your TV. YouTube Leanback has been formatted and optimized specifically for TV viewing. With simple controls and full screen viewing, Leanback makes watching videos on YouTube as effortless as watching TV.
Note: Video On-Demand requires a home network with a connection speed of at least 2.5 Mbps recommended (10 Mbps for HD content). Video quality and picture size vary and are dependent upon broadband speed and delivery by content provider. Online content may require additional fees and/or PC registration. Available online content may change without notice.
BD-Live: BD-Live is a collection of online interactive features that content providers may include with a Blu-ray Disc movie to enhance your enjoyment of that movie, providing you a compelling new world of extended interactivity. BD-Live includes access to studio-specified Internet sites that provide you the ability to, for example, download current movie trailers or other exclusive content, play movie related games, enhance the content of their disc, chat with other viewers, play games with other BD-Live connected players, and much more. Blu-ray players and movies must both support BD-Live in order to use the technology.
Note: The Yamaha BD-A1010 must be connected to your network via an Ethernet connection and you must have a minimum 2GB USB thumb-drive inserted into the unit's rear-panel USB port in order to download content from BD-Live.
Start Up/Play Back Time: The Yamaha Blu-ray player has a start-up time of approximately 21.6 seconds. It takes approximately 36.8 seconds for a Blu-ray disc to begin playback.
Note: The Start Up/Play Back Time tests were started with the Blu-ray player initially turned off & in standby mode. The Start Up Time test was stopped when the player's Home Menu screen appeared. The Play Back Time test was stopped when the Blu-ray disc began playback.
Setup Wizard: The Initial Wizard/Easy Setup allows you to set language, resolution, and screen aspect ratio easily. The Initial Wizard screen displayed when you turn this player on for the first time, or after a firmware upgrade or reset.
Screen Saver: This player will switch to screen saver mode if there is no operation for 5 minutes. After that, this unit will turn to standby mode when there is not operation for 20 minutes.
Wireless Remote Control: The Yamaha BD-A1010 comes supplied with an IR remote control for wireless operation of the Blu-ray player.
HDMI Control: When a TV and/or AV receiver supporting HDMI control are connected to the BD-A1010 via HDMI cables, it is possible to use one remote to control to perform operations such as power off & automatic input selection.
AV Controller App: This AV Controller App (free) will turn your iPod touch, iPhone, iPad or Android device into a Wi-Fi enabled remote control for the Yamaha Blu-ray disc player. You can control the basic functions of Yamaha the Blu-ray Disc player such as Play, Pause, Skip, Power, and cursor navigations.
- AV Controller App for Apple: The free AV controller App for Apple is available for download from the Apple iTunes App Store. It supports the iPod touch (2nd/3rd/4th gen), iPhone (2G/3G/3GS/4), or iPad with iOS4.0 or higher installed.
- AV Controller App for Android: The free AV controller App for your compatible Android device is available for download from the online Android Market. Requires Android 2.1 and up.
Note: You must have a wireless network in your home and the Yamaha Blu-ray disc player & Apple or Android device connected to the same network.
Remote Control In/Out: Two 3.5mm mini-jacks are provided for wired remote control, allowing you to connect the BD-A1010 to other compatible Yamaha components.
RS-232C Port: This port connects to the RS-232 port on a compatible external controller, allowing control of this player using outboard remote systems.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.