Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
High-definition video and sound from Yamaha
Known for their dedication to great sound, Yamaha also knows a thing or two about picture quality. The BD-S673 can strengthen your home theater with superb picture quality, high-definition sound, and even show off your 3D TV's capabilities. Whether it's movie night with friends to screen the latest release or watching an old favorite with the kids, the BD-S673 lets Blu-ray discs sparkle and will also spiff up your DVDs.
Built-in Wi-Fi for easy networking
Thanks to built-in Wi-Fi, this player seamlessly connects to your wireless network to expand viewing options beyond spinning discs. Stream movies and shows from Netflix®, watch YouTube™ videos or check out photo albums from Picasa®. Have a large video or music collection on your networked PC? DLNA compatibility means you can stream it all to the BD-S673 for playback through your home theater. You can also download bonus features like deleted scenes and updated director's commentary with BD-Live-compatible Blu-ray discs. Just pop a thumb drive into the front- or rear-panel USB port for storage, or use it for accessing your own digital music, photos and videos.
Make the audio connection
All Blu-ray players do HDMI out, but a surprising number lack digital audio outputs. The BD-S673 has both optical and coaxial digital outputs, giving you a way to enjoy 5.1 channel sound even if you're using an older A/V receiver that's not HDMI-compatible. Already own a Yamaha receiver? The BD-S673's remote can operate both components via an HDMI connection, including one-touch operation for turning on both devices for immediate playback without juggling multiple remotes.
Yamaha's remote app for Apple® and Android™
If you own a smartphone or tablet, chances are it's never far away when you're watching TV or listening to music. Download Yamaha's remote app for your iPhone®, iPad® or Android device, and your phone or tablet can control the BD-S673 through an intuitive interface that's always by your side.
- plays 3D and standard Blu-ray discs, DVDs, CDs and rewritable discs
- built-in Wi-Fi for playing TV shows and movies from Netflix (subscription required) and YouTube
- 192kHz/32-bit digital-to-analog converter supports high-resolution playback from compatible discs and lossless FLAC files (192kHz/24-bit FLAC support)
- stream photos/videos/music from a compatible DLNA-enabled Windows® PC
- control the player from your iPhone, iPad, Kindle Fire or Android device (requires free app)
- BD-Live- and BonusView-ready for downloadable bonus content and picture-in-picture features with compatible discs (BD-Live requires USB storage device)
- remote control with dedicated Netflix button
- plays Region A Blu-ray discs and Region 1 DVDs
- selectable video resolution up to 1080p, with video upconversion for DVD (1080p output via HDMI only; component video only outputs 480i or 480p signal)
- built-in audio decoding for Dolby® Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS®, and DTS-HD Master Audio
- high-resolution audio can be decoded in the player or in your compatible receiver (HDMI connection required)
- front and rear USB ports for use with thumb drives
- HDMI, component and composite video outputs
- coaxial and optical digital audio outputs
- analog stereo output
- Ethernet port for wired Internet connectivity
- remote control input/output for controlling multiple Yamaha components with a single remote
- 17-1/8"W x 3-3/8"H x 11-3/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Blu-ray Disc players the ultimate picture and sound
Blu-ray players deliver a better picture to your HDTV than any other available source. In fact, Blu-ray's 1080p picture is a perfect match for the 1080p screens found on most current TVs. Blu-ray movies also offer the most precise and realistic surround sound you can get. These players do a terrific job with standard DVDs, too you'll see a cleaner, clearer picture with every disc in your collection. Many Blu-ray players can connect to the Internet for watching online movies from Netflix® and other video services.
Yamaha BD-S673 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Stop buying the cheap bluRay players from Costco and see what a real player will do. Picture is fantastic .
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Instead of giving a review that would consist of a bunch of boring technical facts that could quickly be looked up, I'm going to give a simple opinion from a consumer that appreciates not only YAMAHA's high standard of quality and affordability, but that they kept in mind who I would say is the typical person who doesn't have the money to throw away the old technology for the new.
Pros: Good price for an upgrade not only into the realm of HDMI, (as I'm slowly improving my system with addition of new TV but older receiver) but also Blu-Ray and 3-d.
Cons: None - I got exactly what I expected.
Great bluray and streaming wireless netflix device
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I had a home theater system that had been set up in 2006, with one of the first bluray devices. The bluray tray quit working, and forced me to upgrade. I called Crutchfield, always my first choice for new gear, and talked to Hunter (great guy - very helpful and knowledgeable). I told him all my current gear, and he recommended this player as the one most consistent with the quality of my current set up. It arrived shortly, and I was easily able to hook it into the existing system (even though a professional installer had done the original work). I had an old Yamaha Sound Projector with strange audio hookups and one call to Crutchfield on New Year's eve (AJ, also great and knowledgeable) helped me get it hooked up and playing. Wireless was very easy to set up, and we are happily watching excellent bluray quality films, and streaming netflix easily. As always Crutchfield rocks!
Pros: good quality, ease of install, Crutchfield service and assistance
I bought this player because it had all the features I desired. I am sad to say, it does not live up to the description.
Let's start with the major problem; I'm not certain that Yamaha knows how to write software.
In all modern DVD/BD players, everything you do from viewing discs to accessing your network is software driven. This Yamaha player works wonderfully...for a few days. After that, it becomes sluggish and will eventually start skipping in films or simply lock up. This forces you to unplug the device to reboot it and start the cycle all over again. Above and beyond that, it completely refuses to access files on my network. My PS3 and my Sony BD player have no issues at all with this, but the Yamaha has no clue what to do and throws an exceptionally generic error. If I could have given it 0 stars, I would.
Pros: Nothing. This layer gives me no joy whatsoever.
Cons: Bad software. Frequent lockups. No network access. Expensive for the feature set.
An excellent working player
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
This is my second Blu-Ray player and this one works much better than what I was using. My old unit (a different brand) would constantly "freeze up" during playback. Not only do blu-rays play clearly but I also notice a dramatic improvement in the upscaling of my regular DVD's. CD's also play well with a great, rich sound.
Pros: Easy to set up. Audio jacks on back allow me to connect to my older receiver which does not have HDMI input.
Cons: Lacks slow motion playback capability.
Good device- VUDU service not on Device
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I like the device. On-screen menu, playback, easy to setup.
Pros: Easy to setup. WIFI works, external remote plugin so with the correct equipment you do not need line of sight to device. Netflix is on device
Cons: VUDU high def video streaming not available on device. So if you have a large online video archive you will need an additional device.
What's in the box?
- Single-disc Blu-ray Disc player
- 59" AC power cord
- Wireless remote control (BDP119)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 59" AV cable (with a composite video/stereo RCA connector on each end)
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty information
- On-line product registration information
Features and Specs
|Surround Sound Decoding||
Dolby Digital Plus
DTS-HD High Resolution Audio
DTS-HD Master Audio
|4K Ultra HD|
|Internet Movie Streaming||Netflix, YouTube, Picasa|
|Smartphone App Control||Yes|
|DVD Video Upconversion||None|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Digital Optical Output||1|
|Digital Coaxial Output||1|
|Analog Audio Outputs||1 pr|
|1080p Video Output||Yes|
|Component Video Outputs||1|
Disc Compatibility: The Yamaha BD-S673 Blu-ray disc player is compatible with many disc types:
|Disc Type||Disc Description|
|Blu-ray||BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE|
|DVD||DVD-Video, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW|
|CD||CD-Audio, CD-R, CD-RW|
Blu-ray Disc: Blu-ray, also known as Blu-ray Disc (BD) is the name of a next-generation optical disc format. The format was developed to enable recording, rewriting and playback of high-definition video (HD), as well as storing large amounts of data. The format offers more than five times the storage capacity of traditional DVDs and can hold up to 25GB on a single-layer disc and 50GB on a dual-layer disc. This extra capacity combined with the use of advanced video and audio codecs will offer consumers an unprecedented HD experience.
- Better Picture Quality: Blu-ray Disc is a true high-definition format offering video at 720p, 1080i, or 1080p resolution. While standard DVDs look very good on an HDTV, they don't provide a high-definition signal (not even when you use an up-converting DVD player). Blu-ray Disc delivers an extraordinarily sharp, clean, detailed picture, with deeper, richer colors.
- Better Sound Quality: In addition to the same multi-channel sound formats you're accustomed to with DVD (Dolby Digital and DTS), Blu-ray Disc offers Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution, and uncompressed 7.1 channel PCM.
- Much Greater Storage Capacity: What makes Blu-ray Disc's superior picture and sound possible is the much higher storage capacity of Blu-ray Disc discs. A single-layer Blu-ray Disc can hold 25 gigabytes of data, over five times the amount a standard DVD can hold. Dual-layer Blu-ray Discs hold 50 gigabytes, which equates to nine hours of High Definition or 23 hours of Standard Definition video, plus high-resolution multi-channel audio and the added features and material that require multiple discs with standard DVD.
- Backward Compatible: To ensure backward-compatibility with your existing library of discs, Blu-ray Disc players use a dual-laser mechanism: a blue laser for playing high-definition Blu-ray Discs, and a conventional red laser for playing DVDs and audio CDs.
Note: Like DVD, BD uses region codes. The region code on your disc must match the region code on your player, otherwise the disc will not play. The BD-S673 is Blu-ray region A and DVD region 1. Blu-ray Disc uses the Advanced Access Content System (AACS) to prevent unauthorized recording of copyrighted material.
Blu-ray 3D: Blu-ray 3D is the Blu-ray disc video format for 3-dimensional (3D) video playback developed by the Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA). Supporting Full HD (1080p), so you can enjoy high quality 3D video. TV and Blu-ray titles are also required to be 3D compatible to enjoy the 3D experience. Adding a 3D capable A/V Receiver will provide a more engaging audio and video consumer experience.
Firmware Updates: As Blu-ray technology continues to evolve, new disc types with enhanced functionality will become available. In order for you to enjoy this new functionality, you will likely be required to update the firmware in your player. These firmware updates will become available for downloading from the Internet via the rear panel Ethernet terminal. Occasionally, Yamaha may release firmware for the purpose of additional features or product improvements. Firmware updates can be downloaded from the Yamaha website via the player's network connection. The tested Yamaha BD-S673 contained Firmware Version 1.425O1200 (as of 10/10/2012). Visit the BD-S673's Yamaha Support Page for the latest Firmware update information.
File Compatibility: The Yamaha BD-S673 Blu-ray disc player supports the following audio, video, and photo files recorded onto BD-R/RE, BD-R, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, and CD-R/RW discs.
|File Type||File Codec|
|Audio||MP3 (8-320kbps), WMA (32-192kbps), AAC, WAV (LPCM 16-bit/44.1kHz), and FLAC (24-bit/192kHz)|
|Video||DivX, MKV with H.264, MPEG PS, MPEG TS, MPEG-4, VOB, AVI, ASF, WMV (1920x1080), and AVCHD (DVD-R/RW & DVD+R/RW only)|
|Photo||JPEG, GIF, and PNG|
Parental Control: Parental Control allows you to set a rating limit based on the age of the viewer (Kid Safe, G, PG, PG-13, PGR, R, NC-17, Adult, and Off), preventing your children from viewing inappropriate material. Playback will stop if the ratings exceed the level you set, and it will require your to enter a 4-digit password before the disc will play back.
Video Outputs: The Yamaha BD-S673 Blu-ray disc player is equipped with one high-definition video output (HDMI) and two standard-definition video output (component/composite).
- HDMI 1.4 Output: The Yamaha BD-S673 features a single HDMI (ver.1.4) output for digital audio/video signal transmission. HDMI 1.4 supports 1080p/24Hz resolution, 3D video, Deep Color, x.v.Color, and HDMI CEC. The HDMI output supports 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p and 1080p/24 resolutions. Standard definition DVD signals (480p) are scaled and output at the specified resolution via HDMI.
- Component Video Output: The component video output is capable of 480i & 480p output.
- Composite Video Output: The DVD player features one Composite video output for standard 480i video playback.
1080p/24Hz Output: The BD-S673 includes a 1080/24p HDMI output option to faithfully transfer film images as they were originally recorded. When connected to a 1080/24p display, you can enjoy the remarkable video performance of Blu-ray disc without converting or scaling the signal.
DVD Upscaling (via HDMI): Through the HDMI output, the BD-S673 is capable of upscaling the resolution of your standard DVDs. Output options include Auto (highest resolution accepted by the TV), 1080p, 1080i, or 720p. If necessary the output resolution can also be set to 480p or 480i.
3D-Ready: The Yamaha BD-S673 lets you enjoy 3D Blu-ray disc movies in full HD 1080p. There are two 3D output settings.
- Auto: This player automatically selects 3D or 2D mode based on video content.
- Off: This player always selects 2D mode.
Note: 3D viewing requires compatible 3D content, 3D-ready HDTV, 3D emitter & glasses, and a high-speed HDMI cable (supporting at least 10.2 Gbps) connection.
x.v.Color: x.v.Color reproduces a wider range of color than the HDTV standard, showing almost all of the colors that the human eye can detect. Currently there is no x.v.Color software available on Blu-ray, but the BD-S673 is ready to take advantage of x.v.Color discs when they become available.
Deep Color: The HDMI output supports Deep Color, increasing the number of bits available for transmission, meaning more colors are displayed. The BD-S673 can provide 4,096 shades of each of the three primary colors, for a total of 68.7 billion possible colors. This results in greater color fidelity, smooth tonal transitions, and ultra-fine gradations between colors. It also enables more shades of gray, for higher contrast ratio.
Bonus View: The Bonus View feature provides picture-in-picture capability with select Blu-ray Disc titles. You can view addition content (such as director/actor commentary) in a small display window while the movie is playing
TV Aspect: Set the TV aspect ratio to match the connected television.
- 16:9 Full: Stretches a 4:3 image horizontally to fill the 16:9 screen.
- 16:9 Normal: Displays a 4:3 image on the 16:9 screen in its original aspect, with black bars on the sides.
- 4:3 Pan&Scan: Fills a 4:3 screen with a 16:9 signal, centering on the action and cutting off the extreme sides of the picture.
- 4:3 Letter Box: Displays 16:9 video on a 4:3 screen in the letter box mode with black bars at the top and bottom.
Video Mode: You can select which Video mode suits your preference, viewing environment, and video content.
- Standard: The image is natural and well-balanced. This mode is suited for normal use.
- Vivid: The image is more vivid and sharp.
- Cinema: The image is suited for watching movies in a dark room.
- Custom: You can adjust
the visual image manually using the following parameters.
- Brightness: adjusts overall brightness of image
- Saturation: adjusts the richness of the color in the projected images
- Hue: adjusts the tint of the projected image
- Contrast: adjusts the bright areas (white levels) in the image
- Sharpness: adjusts the sharpness of objects in the video
- CTI: smoothes out the edges of color images, so color images are rendered more distinct
Advanced Video Settings: The Yamaha BD-S673 player also offers the following advanced video settings to further fine tuner the player
- Color Adjust: You can adjust brightness/saturation/hue for each color (red/green/blue/yellow/cyan/magenta).
- Noise Reduction: You can se the Noise Reduction to a level of 0 to 3.
- De-Interlacing Mode: You can select how to detect the video signal. Set to Auto for normal use. When horizontal stripping noise appears on the screen, set this to Film/Video to remove the noise.
192kHz/32-Bit Audio DAC: The Yamaha BD-S673 Blu-ray disc player features a 192kHz/32-bit digital-to-analog converter for high-quality sound.
Digital Audio Formats: The Blu-ray player's HDMI output is capable of multi-channel bitstream (Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby Digital, and DTS) and multi-channel PCM output. The optical and coaxial digital outputs pass either Dolby Digital or DTS bitstream, or 2-channel PCM.
- Dolby Digital Plus: Dolby Digital Plus is an improved Dolby Digital signal format that is compatible with up to 7.1 channels of discrete digital sound and also improves sound quality thanks to extra data bit rate performance. Dolby Digital Plus enables cinematic Dolby surround sound in 7.1 channel with the addition of surround back speakers.
- Dolby TrueHD: Dolby TrueHD is a high definition audio technology developed by Dolby Laboratories, using lossless coding technology to faithfully reproduce the sound of the studio master. This format provides the facility to support up to 8 audio channels with a sampling frequency of 96kHz/24bit resolution and up to 6 audio channels with a sampling frequency of 192kHz/24bit resolution. Dolby TrueHD is adopted for applications that put very high importance on sound quality.
- DTS-HD High Resolution Audio: DTS-HD High Resolution Audio is a high-resolution audio format, which provides a higher quality audio experience than standard definition surround sound. Its compatible with sampling frequencies of 96 or 48 kHz and up to 7.1 channels of discrete digital sound. High data bit rate performance (2.0-6.0Mbps) provides high quality sound.
- DTS-HD Master Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio, the premium high definition format, utilizes variable bit-rate technology to deliver the ultimate audio quality, while conserving file size and bandwidth. The result is an uncompromised audio experience that brings movies, music and games to life, just as if you were in the studio listening to the master recording. This lossless audio format provides the facility to support up to 8 audio channels with a sampling frequency of 96kHz/24bit resolution and up to 6 audio channels with a sampling frequency of 192kHz/24bit resolution.
Audio Format Chart:
|Source Format||HDMI||Coaxial/Optical||Mixed 2ch|
|PCM 2ch||PCM 2ch||PCM 2ch||2ch|
|PCM 5.1ch||PCM 5.1ch||PCM 2ch||2ch|
|PCM 7.1ch||PCM 7.1ch||PCM 2ch||2ch|
|Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital||PCM 5.1ch||Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital||PCM 2ch||Dolby Digital||2ch|
|Dolby Digital Plus||Dolby Digital Plus||PCM 7.1ch||Dolby Digital Plus||Dolby Digital||PCM 2ch||Dolby Digital||2ch|
|Dolby TrueHD||Dolby TrueHD||PCM 7.1ch||Dolby Digital TrueHD||Dolby Digital||PCM 2ch||Dolby Digital||2ch|
|DTS||DTS||PCM 5.1ch||DTS||DTS||PCM 2ch||DTS||2ch|
|DTS HD||DTS-HD||PCM 7.1ch||DTS-HD||DTS||PCM 2ch||DTS||2ch|
Dynamic Range Control: You can activate the Dynamic Range Control (DRC) function to compress the dynamic range of the output signals when playing back DVD/BD recorded in Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, or Dolby TrueHD.
Lip Sync: In some cases when the player is connected to a HDTV, the audio signal may not synchronize with the video signal. If this occurs, adjust the audio delay time to match the video signal. You can set the player to automatically adjust the audio delay or your can manually adjust the audio delay.
Audio Outputs: The Yamaha BD-S673 Blu-ray disc player is equipped with two digital audio outputs (optical/coaxial) and a stereo analog audio output (RCA).
- Digital Audio Outputs: This unit features one optical and one coaxial digital output. These can be connected to an A/V receiver, amplifier, surround decoder, or other component with a digital input. Depending on the source and setting, the output will be Dolby Digital, DTS, or 2-channel PCM. The digital audio outputs can also be set to Re-encode; this adds the secondary audio (picture-in-picture commentary for example), if present, to the main soundtrack and re-encodes the signal as DTS.
- 2-Channel Audio Outputs: There is an RCA stereo audio output for connecting a TV or receiver. Even when the source audio is multi-channel (Dolby Digital, DTS, etc), these jacks will output a downmixed 2-channel signal.
Dual USB Ports: The BD-S673 has front & rear-panel USB (type-A) ports. The rear port is used for the temporary storage needed for BD-Live features, and either can be used to play audio (MP3/WMA/AAC/WAV/FLAC), video (MKV/MPEG/VOB/AVI/ASF/WMV), or still image (JPEG/GIF/PNG) files saved on a USB flash drive. The USB memory device must be formatted with FAT 32/16.
- Audio File Playback: MP3 (8-320 kbps), WMA (32-192 kbps), WAV (LPCM 44.1kHz/16-bit)
- Vide File Playback: WMV9 (maximum resolution of 1920 x 1080)
- Photo File Playback: JPEG
Network Connection (Wired or WiFi): The Yamaha Blu-ray player features an Ethernet RJ-45 port (10BASE-T/100BASE-TX) and built-in WiFi to connect to the internet via your home network to enjoy BD-Live content, access firmware updates, and stream content (video, music, and still photos) from your network or the Internet.
DLNA Certified: DLNA certification ensures a device is compatible with other devices designed according to the DLNA interoperability guidelines. The BD-S673 is certified as a Digital Media Player for audio (MP3/WMA/AAC/WAV/FLAC), video (MKV/MPEG/VOB/AVI/ASF/WMV), and still photos (JPEG/GIF/PNG) stored on your Windows PC (Windows 7 recommended).
Video On-Demand: You can instantly watch movies from Netflix over the internet using this Blu-ray disc player. You also get access to YouTube.
- Netflix 5.1ch: With more than 20 million members in the United States and Canada, Netflix is the world's leading Internet subscription service for enjoying movies and TV shows. The Blu-ray player supports up to 5.1CH audio streaming from Netflix. For $7.99 a month, Netflix members can instantly watch unlimited movies and TV episodes streamed over the Internet. Netflix is available in the United States and Canada.
- YouTube: The Yamaha BD-S673 can play back video hosted by YouTube when connected to your home network with Internet connection. YouTube is a video file-sharing service. You can use the player's on-screen virtual keyboard to search for video content offered by YouTube.
- Picasa: This player is Picasa compatible and works with Picasa Web Albums for sharing digital photos.
Note: Video On-Demand requires a home network with a connection speed of at least 2.5 Mbps recommended (10 Mbps for HD content). Video quality and picture size vary and are dependent upon broadband speed and delivery by content provider. Online content may require additional fees and/or PC registration. Available online content may change without notice.
BD-Live: BD-Live is a collection of online interactive features that content providers may include with a Blu-ray Disc movie to enhance your enjoyment of that movie, providing you a compelling new world of extended interactivity. BD-Live includes access to studio-specified Internet sites that provide you the ability to, for example, download current movie trailers or other exclusive content, play movie related games, enhance the content of their disc, chat with other viewers, play games with other BD-Live connected players, and much more. Blu-ray players and movies must both support BD-Live in order to use the technology. The Yamaha BD-S673 must be connected to your network via an Ethernet connection and you must have a minimum 2GB USB thumb-drive inserted into the unit's rear-panel USB port in order to download content from BD-Live.
Start Up/Play Back Time: The Yamaha Blu-ray player has a start-up time of approximately 19.1 seconds. It takes approximately 43.1 seconds for a Blu-ray disc to begin playback. The Start Up/Play Back Time tests were started with the Blu-ray player initially turned off & in standby mode. The Start Up Time test was stopped when the player's Screen Saver appeared. The Play Back Time test was stopped when the Blu-ray disc began playback.
Setup Wizard: The Initial Wizard/Easy Setup allows you to set language, resolution, and screen aspect ratio easily. The Initial Wizard screen displayed when you turn this player on for the first time, or after a firmware upgrade or reset.
Bookmarks: The Yamaha BD-S673 allows you to set Bookmarks at specified points of a DVD video. After a Bookmark is set, you can move to the point you set a lot quicker. You can set up to 12 Bookmarks.
Program Play: The Yamaha Blu-ray player allows you to program playback order of audio disc tracks or DVD chapters. You can program up to 15 tracks/chapters.
Last Memory: You can set whether this player remembers the last playback position of a disc when it is set to standby mode or the disc tray is opened.
Screen Saver: This player will switch to screen saver mode if there is no operation for 3 minutes. After that, this unit will turn to standby mode when there is not operation for 27 minutes.
Wireless Remote Control: The Yamaha BD-S673 comes supplied with an IR remote control for wireless operation of the Blu-ray player. For added convenience, there is a dedicated Netflix button so you can access your Netflix movie account quickly.
HDMI Control: When a TV and/or AV receiver supporting HDMI control are connected to the BD-S673 via HDMI cables, it is possible to use one remote to control to perform operations such as power on/off & automatic input selection.
AV Controller App: This AV Controller App (free) will turn your iPod touch, iPhone, iPad or Android device into a Wi-Fi enabled remote control for the Yamaha Blu-ray disc player. You can control the basic functions of Yamaha the Blu-ray Disc player such as Play, Pause, Skip, Power, and cursor navigations. You must have a wireless network in your home and the Yamaha Blu-ray disc player & Apple or Android device connected to the same network.
- AV Controller App for Apple: The free AV controller App for Apple is available for download from the Apple iTunes App Store. It supports the iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad with iOS4.0 or higher installed.
- AV Controller App for Android: The free AV controller App for your compatible Android device is available for download from the online Android Market. Requires Android 2.1 and up.
Remote Control In/Out: Two 3.5mm minijacks are provided for wired remote control, allowing you to connect the BD-S673 to other compatible Yamaha components.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.