Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Make the RX-V1065 part of your home theater and experience riveting multichannel sound with all your movies, music, and TV shows. You get powerful, high-current amplification for up to seven speakers, plus sophisticated A/V processing to unlock the high-resolution surround sound available on many Blu-ray Disc players and movie titles. A built-in HD Radio tuner lets you enjoy free, over-the-air digital programming now being broadcast by many AM and FM stations. And you can add more digital entertainment options like an iPod® dock, Bluetooth® audio receiver, or a SIRIUS and XM satellite radio tuner. You can even plug a flash drive or portable MP3 player into the 'V1065's front-panel USB input to play your latest custom song mix.
Quick, accurate auto setup
Yamaha's sophisticated auto-calibration system provides easy, precise home theater setup. Plug in the included microphone and place it in your favorite seat. The receiver analyzes the size, volume level, relative distance, and frequency response of every speaker in your home theater system, adjusting the settings for each one individually. In minutes, your receiver configures itself for optimum performance with your specific speakers and their placement within your room. Plus, a streamlined on-screen display puts intuitive, easy-to-follow menus on your TV screen to simplify operation.
Versatile video connections and 1080p HDMI upconversion
The 'V1065's 1080p-compatible HDMI switching lets you connect as many as four high-definition video components. Convenient analog-to-HDMI video conversion allows you to send all of the video sources in your system to your TV via a single HDMI cable. Plus, this receiver can upconvert any non-HD source to a digital video signal with up to 1080p resolution. You'll enjoy maximum picture quality on your HDTV with standard-definition DVDs and older video sources.
Preset "SCENE" buttons for easy operation
Yamaha's one-touch SCENE modes get your entertainment sources ready to roll in a hurry. Just press one of the four preset SCENE buttons on the receiver's front panel or remote, and the 'V1065 automatically switches to the correct input setting and sound mode for viewing DVD or Blu-ray discs, playing CDs, watching TV, or listening to the radio. Plus, you can reprogram each button for different activities of your choice, such as playing video games, listening to your iPod, and more.
- 105 watts x 7 into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD
- Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby® Digital Plus, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, Dolby® Digital EX, DTS-ES, Pro Logic® IIx, and DTS Neo:6 decoding
- YPAO sound optimization for more precise automatic speaker setup (microphone included)
- SCENE preset buttons for easier source switching
- built-in HD Radio tuner with multi-casting reception
- XM Satellite Radio Ready with decoding for XM's HD Surround channels (requires XM subscription and optional XM tuner kit)
- SIRIUS satellite radio capable (requires SIRIUS subscription and optional home tuner kit)
- iPod integration (requires optional Yamaha YDS-11)
- Bluetooth® integration (requires optional YBA-10)
- Compressed Music Enhancer for better sounding MP3s and other digital music files
- dual-room/dual-source audio with powered and line-level stereo audio output for 2nd room (analog audio sources only for 2nd room)
- 192kHz/24-bit Burr-Brown digital-to-analog converters for all channels
- discrete amplification circuitry for lower distortion and more dynamic sound
- Pure Direct mode for better sound from audio sources
- Cinema DSP 3D modes and Adaptive Dynamic Range control
- Silent Cinema for simulated surround sound via standard stereo headphones
- on-screen display with graphic user interface (GUI) for easier setup and operation
- multibrand remote
- 17-1/8"W x 6-3/4"H x 14-1/2"D
- weight: 25 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- 1080p-compatible HDMI switching (4 in, 1 out)
- HDMI version 1.3a with support for Deep Color, x.v.Color, 1080/24p video, auto lip-sync, and HDMI-CEC
- selectable 480p/720p/1080i/1080p video upconversion for all non-HD analog sources (upconverted video available through HDMI output only)
- front-panel USB port for audio playback from portable USB music players and flash drives
- component video switching: 2 in, 1 out
- 3 audio/video inputs, including:
- 1 front-panel input with composite video
- 2 rear-panel inputs with composite video
- 3 audio-only inputs (including phono)
- digital audio inputs: 2 optical, 2 coaxial
- 7.1-channel analog audio preamp input
- 7.2-channel preamp output for connecting optional external amplifiers and up to 2 (mono) powered subwoofers
- 1 set of main speaker outputs
- binding post speaker terminals
- back surround speaker channels re-assignable for bi-amping front left and right speakers
Receivers: Your ticket to sensational sound
Your receiver powers your speakers and lets you connect and select your entertainment sources. But a great receiver does a lot more it ignites your emotions. From the passion of a favorite musical artist, to the crossfire of a super-charged movie soundtrack, to the intensity and immersion of a fast-paced video game, your receiver is the key to experiencing and enjoying it in full.
Yamaha RX-V1065 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Upgrade from my Yamaha receiver that lasted 13 years. Lighter, smaller with nice features such as the GUI display, USB and Sirius ready. Easy setup and menu navigation compared to other receivers such as Onkyo or Panasonic. The microphone may not work well with open floor plans, since it messed up my initial automatic settings and had to be entered in manually. The onscreen display is used primarily for USB, ipod and settings interaction, and will not display volume changes onscreen when utilizing HDMI. The HD radio is a nice bonus. Loved my last Yamaha receiver and expect great results from this unit for the next 12+.
Big Bang For Your Bucks
This unit is for anyone who wants powerfull sound and Clean sound, many options for additional componets, (HDMI , Digital , Optical , standard RCA jacks , Multi-room capable , ect... ). I tried out the new sony's before this and was very unhappy, I bought this one thinking I would be loosing some of the option I had with the sony but found out it has 3 times more and the quality is very better than my previous units. Since I made this purchase I have since added new polk audio speeakers and Have made this my primary sound system for my home . whether you listen to rock , pop , country , it does not matter this one will be your last receiver you will purchase . On the video side of things it converts analog signal up to 1080p . The remote is programable ( I have it to control my Toshiba HDTV , Direct TV HD/DVR , Sony DVD and Blueray players and also my Sony CD player ), all you need is one remote to control all of the above and it does even more that that, to many to list.
I have had several Friends and family over and they all have noticed the system and the sound quality along with movies , Nascar races and just sitting around outside around the deck with the second room control for my outside speakers , Excellent all round Unit , I am in the process now of building another system for my parents and this is the unit of Choice.
Many thanks to Yamaha for this !!!!!!!!!!
Just now boxing up the second rv1065 for return, neither unit lasted more than a week. Sound is great ,setup is quite easy but within 3 days of hookup they make a loud popping noise and then will not power up, The Crutchfield folks have been awesome to deal with and have recommended another unit to replace this,,,be careful if considering this unit
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
2 Reasons why this unit doesn't get 5 stars: 1) It takes too long to switch from NTSC video to HD video channels. The screen goes blank for several seconds while it catches up. 2) The automated set up only samples one location, unlike the Onkyo that I installed for a friend that samples three. Other than these 2 minors gripes, the system does everything its says, does it easily and is easy to use. It sounds great and the video (and up convert) are great.
Starting from scratch? On a budget but want it all?
My Receiver of about 8 years died on me. I needed a new one. I looked at my sources and discovered that they all had HDMI. PS3,HD-DVD (I know), Apple TV, and DirecTV HD DVR. So.. Four devices and the receiver has 4 inputs. Since most modern sources are using HDMI this receiver works great! The GUI and Auto Calibration are great! I thought I had a great system before. The Yamaha is so clean. Everything is crisp.
I am not a big DSP user, but I found the 7 channel stereo fun when you are listing to pop.
I even like the HD Radio. I didn't know we had several stations around here.
Bottom Line... if your budget for a receiver is under $1,000.00 this should be on your short list to try out.
I thought I was just replacing a dead receiver, I didn't know I was upgrading my over all home theater experience.
What's in the box?
- Black Surround Sound receiver
- Wireless remote control (RAV287)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Acoustic Optimizer microphone with attached 19.75' cable (has 3.5mm miniplug on the end)
- AM loop antenna
- FM wire antenna (with push-on "F" connector)
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty information
- On-line product registration information
- Front panel and remote diagram sheet
- Satellite radio information
- Audio input note
Features and Specs
Digital ToP-ART: Yamaha uses the Digital ToP-ART (Total Purity Audio Reproduction Technology) design concept, which combines the latest and best technologies, parts, and circuit designs, to maximize sound quality.
Wide-range Frequency Response: The receiver's wide-range frequency response, 10Hz to 100kHz, allows you to enjoy the full fidelity of DVD-Audio and Super-Audio CD players.
192kHz/24-bit DAC: The RX-V1065 uses high quality, audio-grade Burr-Brown 192kHz/24-bit digital-to-analog converters for all channels to maximize sound quality.
YPAO Technology: This unit employs the YPAO (Yamaha Parametric Acoustic Optimizer), which automatically adjusts the output of the speakers based on placement, performance, and the room's acoustic characteristics. Using the supplied Optimizer Microphone, YPAO performs the following checks and makes appropriate adjustments to give you the best possible sound from your system:
- Speaker Wiring: checks which speakers are connected and the polarity of each
- Speaker Distance: checks the distance of each speaker from the listening position and adjusts the delay of each channel
- Speaker Size: checks the frequency response of each speaker and sets the appropriate low-frequency crossover for each channel
- EQ: each channel has a parametric equalizer;
choose one of three target settings before running the setup:
- Natural: adjusts all speaker to a natural sound; useful when the flat setting sounds too bright
- Flat: use when all the speakers in the system have similar sound characteristics
- Front: EQs the center and rear speakers to sound like the front; useful when your front speakers are better than the others in the system
- Volume Level: checks and adjusts the volume level of each speaker
Next Generation Surround Sound: The RX-V1065 offers the latest high definition surround sound formats supported by Blu-ray Disc and HD-DVD players:
- Dolby TrueHD: a lossless coding technology that supports up to 8 channels of multi-channel surround sound for the next generation optical discs; the reproduced sound is true to the original source bit-for-bit
- Dolby Digital Plus: developed as an extension to Dolby Digital, the coding technology supports 7.1 discrete channels
- DTS-HD Master Audio: an advanced lossless technology that delivers sound that is bit-for-bit identical to the studio master, offering a high-definition home theater experience
- DTS-HD High Resolution Audio: high resolution audio, virtually indistinguishable from the original audio track
DTS Express: DTS Express is an audio technology used with an optional feature on some Blu-ray Discs and HD DVDs. It offers high-quality low bit rate audio optimized for network streaming and Internet applications. The Secondary Audio of Blu-ray Disc or the Sub Audio of HD DVD from the Internet is mixed with the main audio stream on the player, then sent to the receiver via coaxial or optical digital, or analog connections.
Neural Surround: Neural Surround has been adopted by XM Satellite Radio for digital radio broadcasts of XM HD Surround recordings and live events in surround sound. Neural Surround employs psychoacoustic frequency domain processing which allows delivery of a more detailed sound stage with superior channel separation and localization of audio elements. XM HD provides content with six discrete channels of digital full fidelity audio. Only a handful of XM channels are currently offering programming in XM HD Surround.
Surround Modes: The RX-V1065 offers the following Surround Modes for movies and music:
- Decoding Formats: Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS-Express, DTS Digital Surround, DTS 96/24, DTS-ES Matrix 6.1, DTS-ES Discrete 6.1, DTS Neo:6 (Music and Cinema), Dolby Pro Logic, Dolby Pro Logic II (Music, Movie, and Game), Dolby Pro Logic IIx (Music, Movie, and Game, DSD, Neural Surround
- Hi-Fi DSP Modes: Hall in Munich, Hall in Vienna, Chamber, Cellar Club, The Roxy Theater, The Bottom Line, Music Video, 7-Channel stereo
- Cinema DSP Modes:, Standard, Spectacle, Sci-Fi, Adventure, Drama, Mono Movie, Sports, Action Game, Role-playing Game
- Compressed Music Enhancer: 2-channel Enhancer, 7-channel Enhancer
Pro Logic II/x Parameters: You can adjust the following parameters in Pro Logic II and Pro Logic IIx Music modes:
- Panorama: sends stereo signals to the surround speakers as well as the front speakers for a wraparound effect
- Dimension: adjusts the soundfield either towards the front or towards the rear of the room
- Center Width: moves the center channel output completely towards the center speaker or towards the front left and right speakers
Center Image (DTS NEO: 6 Music): This parameter adjusts the front left and right channel output relative to the center channel to make the center channel more or less dominant as necessary.
Soundfield Parameter Adjustments: You can adjust the value of certain digital soundfield parameters so that the soundfields are recreated accurately in your listening room. The following is a list and description of the soundfield adjustments:
- DSP Levels: adjusts the level of all the DSP effect sounds within a narrow range depending on your the acoustics of your listening area; adjust between -6dB to +3dB
- Dialog Lift: when Presence speakers are in use you can activate the Dialog Lift feature, which assigns some of the front and center channel elements to the Presence speakers to lift the dialog to a higher position; the effect of the Dialog Lift is set between 0 (no lift) and 5 (maximum lift)
- 3D DSP: turns Cinema DSP 3D on/off (requires Presence speakers)
- Initial Delay: changes the apparent distance from the speaker to the reflecting surface (wall) by adjusting the delay between the direct sound and the first reflection heard by the listener, select between 1ms and 99ms for the Main and Presence speakers and between 1ms and 49ms for the surround and surround back speakers
- Room Size: adjust the apparent size of the surround soundfield, make adjustments for the Presence, Surround, and Surround Back room size; adjust between 0.1 (small) and 2.0 (large)
- Liveness: adjusts the reflectivity of the virtual walls in the hall by changing the rate at which the early reflections decay; adjust from 0 to 10
- Reverberation Time: adjusts the amount of time taken for the dense, subsequent reverberation sound to decay by 60 dB at 1 kHz; set this between 1.0s and 5.0s
- Reverberation Delay: adjusts the time difference between the beginning of the direct sound and the beginning of the reverberation sound; set between 0 and 250ms
- Reverberation Level: adjusts the volume of the reverberation sound; set between 0 and 100%
Speaker Setup: This feature allows you to manually adjust the following speaker settings:
- LFE/Bass Out: select the speakers that will output the LFE (low-frequency effect) channel and the other low-frequency signals
- Speaker Sizes: select from the following
speaker sizes for each speaker in your system:
- Front: Large or Small
- Center: Large, Small, or None
- Surround: Large, Small, or None
- Surround Back: Large x 1, Large x 2, Small x 1, Small x 2, or None
- Extra Speakers: select Zone 2, Presence, or None using Extra Speaker jack assignment; when the extra speaker jacks are used for Zone 2 or Presence speakers the Surround Back speakers are disabled
- Bass Crossover: select the crossover frequency of all the speakers set to Small; choose between 40, 60, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120, 160, and 200Hz
- Subwoofer Phase: switch the phase of your subwoofer between Normal and Reverse
- Speaker Level Adjustment: adjust the output level of each speaker from -10 dB to +10 dB in 0.5 dB steps (relative to the main volume)
- Speaker Distance: adjust the distance from the listener to each speaker (and subsequently the delay applied to the respective channel); select from 1 to 80 feet in 0.5 foot steps
- Equalizer: each of the full range channels is adjusted individually using the seven band equalizer
Silent Cinema: The Silent Cinema mode allows private listening of multi-channel music or movies, with an accurate simulation of surround sound, through ordinary stereo headphones. Silent Cinema activates automatically whenever you connect headphones while surround sound is engaged.
Compressed Music Enhancer: Compressed formats such as MP3, WMA, and AAC generally remove high and low frequency harmonic information, resulting in a loss of fidelity. The Compressed Music Enhancer, two-channel and 7-channel, regenerates the missing harmonics in compression artifacts and compensates for the loss of low- and high-frequencies to provide improved performance.
Presence Speakers: One pair of speaker terminals can be used for Presence speakers or for driving a pair of speakers in a second zone. The Presence speakers supplement the sound from the front speakers with extra ambient effects produced by Cinema DSP. These effects include sounds that the filmmakers intended to locate a little farther back behind the screen in order to create more theater-like ambience. The Presence speakers should be placed at the front of the room 1-3 feet outside of the front speakers and at least 6 feet off the floor.
Note: You must select in the menu whether the speaker terminals are being used for Presence or Zone 2.
Dynamic Range: The amount of dynamic range compression applied to bitstream signals is adjustable; Min/Auto is suitable for low volume listening, Standard is typical for home use, and Max doesn't compress the dynamic range at all.
Adaptive Dynamic Range Control (Adaptive DRC): During low-volume listening, such as late as night, dynamic range suffers and some sounds are missed. The effect of Adaptive DRC varies with volume, at lower volume the dynamic range is narrowed.
Bass and Treble Control: You can independently adjust the bass and treble from -10dB to +10dB in 2 dB increments. The bass adjustment is centered at 50 Hz, while the treble adjustment is centered at 20 kHz.
Virtual Cinema DSP: Virtual Cinema DSP is an algorithm that allows you to enjoy DSP soundfield surround effects while using a minimal two-speaker system.
Straight Decoding Mode: When the unit is in the Straight mode, 2-channel stereo sources are output from only the front left and right speakers while multi-channel sources are decoded straight into the appropriate channels without any additional effect processing.
Pure Direct: The Pure Direct mode turns off the surround circuitry, bypasses the tone controls, and turns off the front panel display, allowing sources to bypass the decoders and DSP processors of this unit so you can enjoy pure hi-fi sound from 2-channel analog sources. During Direct playback no sound is output from the subwoofer.
Impedance Selection: You can select 8 ohms or 6 ohms in the menu depending on your speaker application; when set to 6 ohms, 4 ohm speakers are compatible only on the front left and front right outputs.
Audio Delay: You can delay the sound output up to 240ms to synchronize it with the video image.
Max Volume Adjustment: Use this feature to set the maximum volume level in the main zone. This feature is useful to avoid turning the volume too loud by mistake. You can set the Max Volume from -30 dB to +15 dB in 5 dB steps, or to +16.5 dB (full volume range is -80 dB to +16.5 dB).
Initial Volume Setting: Use this feature to set the volume level of the main zone when the power of this unit is turned on. You can choose between Off (same as the volume when the unit was turned off), Mute, and -80 dB to + 16.5 dB in increments of 0.5 dB.
Volume Trim: Use this feature to adjust the volume level of each input. This is useful to balance the level of each input to avoid sudden changes in volume when switching between input sources. The range is from -6 dB to +6 dB in 0.5 dB increments.
Multi-channel Analog Input: This unit has a discrete 7.1-channel analog input for connecting DVD-Audio and Super-Audio CD players or an external decoder.
Speaker Terminals: The receiver has binding post speaker terminals for the front, center, surround, and surround back channels, as well as the Zone 2/Presence speakers. The binding posts can accept bare wire, pin connectors, and single banana plugs. The terminals are spaced too far apart for dual banana plugs. The collar surrounding the binding post terminals prevent the use of spade connectors.
Bi-Amp Speaker Connections: The RX-v1065 allows you to reassign the surround back amplifier channels to make bi-amp connections. A bi-amplification connection uses two amplifiers for one speaker. One amplifier is connected to the woofer section of a loudspeaker while the other is connected to the combined midrange and tweeter section. With this arrangement each amplifier operates over a restricted frequency range, making its job easier.
Dual Zone Capability: The RX-V1065 allows you to play two different sources in two zones. The receiver has a pair of stereo preamp outputs and a pair of speaker terminals for Zone 2. Only sources that are connected via analog audio inputs can be output to Zone 2. You can control the receiver from the second zone using the supplied remote control when an infrared signal repeater system is used. If you're using the Zone 2 preamp outputs, a separate amplifier or stereo receiver with a pair of speakers, or a powered speaker system are required.
HD Radio Tuner: The RX-V1065 is equipped with an HD Radio tuner. HD Radio, the only digital broadcast system in America approved by the FCC, offers crystal-clear, CD-quality sound via existing AM/FM bands. In addition, it provides program-associated data and the ability to tune to multiple programs at the same dial position. The HD radio information is displayed on the front panel of the receiver and on the TV monitor.
Sleep Timer: The receiver's Sleep Timer function can be set turn the unit automatically off after 30, 60, 90, or 120 minutes.
Memory Guard: This feature is used to prevent accidental changes to the DSP program parameter values and other system settings.
1080p HDMI Inputs/Output: There are four 1.3a HDMI inputs and one output on the rear panel. These HDMI jacks can be used for 2-channel and multi-channel linear PCM (up to 8-channel) and Bitstream (Dolby Digital, DTS, etc) digital audio formats as well as digital video signals up to 1080p resolution (including 1080/24p). They also support Deep Color (30 bit and 36 bit), x.v.Color, 120 Hz and 24 Hz refresh rates, and auto Lip-Sync compensation.
HDMI Through: When the RX-V1065 is in standby mode (power off), the HDMI Through feature allows HDMI source signals to pass through the receiver to the TV. The HDMI input must be selected before the unit is turned off.
Video Conversion: Video conversion allows composite video and component video input signals to be converted to HDMI, then all video sources are routed to the TV using one HDMI cable. Note: This unit does not have S-Video inputs or outputs.
Video Scaling: In addition to converting composite and component video signals to HDMI, 480i and 480p signals can be scaled to a higher resolution; up to 1080p, for output via HDMI.
HDTV-Compatible Component Video: The RX-V1065 offers two component video inputs and a component video monitor output. These inputs and outputs have a frequency response of 5 Hz to 60 MHz and will pass High Definition video sources up to 1080p.
GUI: The RX-V1065 features a new Graphic User Interface with easy to use on-screen display menus that allow you to optimize this unit to suit your individual audiovisual system.
Rename: You can rename each input so the display reflects the actual source; choose from 15 templates or create an original name, up to nine characters.
Multi-brand Remote Control: The receiver comes with a multi-brand wireless remote control (RAV287). In addition to the receiver, the remote can control multiple brands of TVs, DVD players/recorders, DVRs, VCRs, etc.
Scene: The RX-V1065 features four Scene buttons on the front panel and remote to make operating the receiver easier. These buttons are initially set to default settings for Blu-ray/DVD viewing, TV viewing, CD listening, and Radio listening. Each can be reprogrammed to any input and any soundfield.
Remote Jacks: The receiver has remote input and remote output mini-jack terminals for use with external IR receivers and compatible Yamaha components.
12V Trigger Output: The RX-V1065 has a mini-jack output to send a 12-Volt DC turn-on signal to another component that accepts a 12V trigger, such as a power amplifier or motorized projection screen.
USB: The receiver is equipped with a USB port on the front panel for use with a USB flash memory drive or USB portable device. Supported file types include WAV (PCM format only), MP3, WMA, MPEG-4 AAC, and FLAC.
Bluetooth: An optional YBA-10 Bluetooth adapter (022YBA10, sold separately) can be connected to the dock port on the RX-V1065 to allow you to stream audio wirelessly from your compatible Bluetooth device.
Note: Either the iPod dock or Bluetooth dock can be connected to the receiver, not both.
iPod Universal Dock: With the optional YDS-11 iPod Universal Dock (022YDS11, sold separately), you can connect your iPod digital music player to the RX-V1065 and control audio/video playback using the remote control. Most fourth generation and later iPods (Click Wheel) are compatible. Video from your iPod and album art can be displayed on a connected TV monitor.
SIRIUS Satellite Ready: You can listen to SIRIUS Satellite Radio by connecting the SiriusConnect tuner (607SCH1 or 220SCH2P, sold separately) to the RX-V1065's proprietary plug. SIRIUS Satellite Radio offers over 130 channels of music, news, sports, talk, and entertainment to choose from--all in digital quality. During SIRIUS playback you can display the channel number and name, category, artist name and song title, Composer name, channel number and antenna reception level, or Soundfield program on the front panel.
Note: A subscription is required in order to receive SIRIUS Satellite Radio.
XM Satellite Ready: The optional XM Direct 2 Home Tuner (220XHD2H1, sold separately) lets you enjoy XM Satellite Radio through the XM-ready receiver. Simply connect the XM Direct 2 Home Tuner to the XM jack on back of the receiver, place and aim the included antenna for optimum reception, and you are ready to start enjoying commercial-free music, plus live sports, new, talk, and exclusive entertainment.
Note: In addition to the XM Direct 2 Home Tuner and the XM-ready receiver, you will need a subscription to XM Satellite Radio to receive XM programming.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.