Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Check out one of the most versatile, high-performance surround sound receivers we've seen. Yamaha's RX-V2065 really delivers the goods. You get plenty of clean, high-current power to make your speakers sing, advanced decoding for the latest high-resolution movie soundtracks, plus a whole host of flexible connections and entertainment options, including PC music, Internet radio, and multi-room audio. Simply add this receiver to rev up the sound of your home theater.
Easy access to PC music, Internet Radio, and more
You can access MP3 music files and photos stored on your computer by plugging the RX-V2065 into your wired PC network. View track titles on your TV and select the tunes you want to hear using the receiver's remote. You can also listen to Internet Radio stations with your broadband connection. Add Yamaha's optional Wi-Fi® Network Music Commander for a handy way to browse through songs and stations or control playback from anywhere in your home. A front-panel USB input lets you plug in a wide range of portable MP3 players, or a USB flash drive loaded with your favorite songs. Plus, a built-in HD Radio tuner pulls in the free, over-the-air digital programming now being broadcast by many AM and FM stations.
Versatile video connections and 1080p HDMI upconversion
This receiver's flexible 1080p-compatible HDMI connections let you switch among five digital high-definition sources, like an HD satellite or cable tuner and a Blu-ray player, while maintaining pristine picture and sound quality. There's a front-panel HDMI input for easy hook up of an HD camcorder or game console. Two HDMI outputs add to the convenience for connecting systems that feature more than one HDTV or projector. Analog-to-HDMI video conversion allows you to connect all of the video sources in your system to your TV via a single HDMI cable. Plus, the 'V2065 can upconvert any non-HD video source up to 1080p, so that standard-definition DVDs and older video sources will look their best on your HDTV.
The 'V2065 lets you re-assign up to four of its surround amplifier channels to power stereo speakers in other rooms, or even on your back porch. You can play three different audio sources in three different areas of your home at the same time, without the need for any additional amplifiers. Yamaha also includes a basic second remote that, when used with an optional remote control extender system, lets you operate your system from your second or third listening area.
- 130 watts x 7 into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD
- Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby® Digital Plus, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, Dolby® Digital EX, DTS-ES, Pro Logic® IIx, and DTS Neo:6 decoding
- PC networking for access to computer music and photos
- YPAO sound optimization for more precise automatic speaker setup (microphone included)
- SCENE preset buttons for easier source switching
- built-in HD Radio tuner with multi-casting reception
- XM Satellite Radio Ready with decoding for XM's HD Surround channels (requires XM subscription and optional XM tuner kit )
- SIRIUS satellite radio capable (requires SIRIUS subscription and optional home tuner kit)
- iPod integration (requires optional Yamaha YDS-11)
- Bluetooth® integration (requires optional YBA-10)
- Compressed Music Enhancer for better sounding MP3s and other digital music files
- three-room/three-source output:
- powered and line-level stereo audio output for 2nd room (using powered 2nd room stereo output allows 5.1 home theater in main room)
- powered and line-level stereo audio output for 3rd room (using powered 3rd room stereo output allows 3.1 home theater in main room)
- Digital ToP-ART design
- 192kHz/24-bit Burr-Brown digital-to-analog converters for all channels
- ultra-low jitter PLL circuitry for accurate audio reproduction with HDMI and other digital sources
- discrete amplification circuitry for lower distortion and more dynamic sound
- Pure Direct mode for better sound from audio sources
- Cinema DSP 3D modes and Adaptive Dynamic Range control
- Silent Cinema for simulated surround sound via standard stereo headphones
- on-screen display with graphic user interface (GUI) for easier setup and operation
- DLNA certified for better compatibility with other certified networking components
- multibrand remote
- basic remote for second or third listening room (requires remote control extender system, not included)
- 17-1/8"W x 6-3/4"H x 15-7/16"D
- weight: 27 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- 1080p-compatible HDMI switching (5 in, 2 out)
- HDMI version 1.3a with support for Deep Color, x.v.Color, 1080p video (including 1080/24p), auto lip-sync, and HDMI-CEC
- selectable 480p/720p/1080i/1080p video upconversion for all non-HD analog sources
- Ethernet port for access to PC music and photos via a wired home network
- front-panel USB port for audio playback from portable USB music players and flash drives
- component video switching: 2 in, 1 out
- 3 audio/video inputs, including:
- 1 front-panel input with composite video
- 2 rear-panel inputs with composite video
- 3 audio-only inputs (including phono)
- digital audio inputs: 2 optical, 2 coaxial
- digital audio outputs: 1 optical
- 7.1-channel analog audio preamp input
- 7.2-channel preamp output for connecting optional external amplifiers and up to 2 (mono) powered subwoofers
- RS-232 port for automated control systems
- 1 set of main speaker outputs
- binding post speaker terminals
- back surround speaker channels re-assignable for bi-amping front left and right speakers
- detachable power cord
Receivers: Your ticket to sensational sound
Your receiver powers your speakers and lets you connect and select your entertainment sources. But a great receiver does a lot more it ignites your emotions. From the passion of a favorite musical artist, to the crossfire of a super-charged movie soundtrack, to the intensity and immersion of a fast-paced video game, your receiver is the key to experiencing and enjoying it in full.
Yamaha RX-V2065 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
130 watts x 7 ch. you can't find that kind of power and price for a receiver now and days. I'm so happy I got mine off Crutchfield.com. I have it hook up to my Def Tech speakers and totally drove my friends speechless.
Simple to the point! Clean Power.
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Wanted to upgrade from a 7 year old Denon that was 5.1 with no HDMI to a 7.1 with HDMI. Very simple audio setup, far less cords, and superior sound. Love the simplicity of HDMI switching. Immediately notice the difference in sound with the Yamaha receiver. (using polk, and def tech speakers) Very clean power. Able to play movies and music at very loud levels, but still have conversation with people. Very easy on the ears at louder volumes. My wife really enjoys the 4 scene, 1 button switching between components. Being a life long denon supported, I was weary of switching to a different brand but after switching to yamaha, I realized that I made a very wise decision. Love the product and would highly recommend yamaha receivers.
All the gear in my home is Yamaha, except the monitors. So, when I got this receiver as gift from my wife I was pleasantly surprised until I hooked it up. I found that everything worked as it should but, not like a Yamaha product nomally does. Yamaha is known for its sound fields & the warmth of it's sound. The fields are still there but for some reason this receiver is lacking in tone to the point of being very harsh sounding at times. The manual EQ is limited...Well, I've had this receiver about a week now & haven't decided whether to keep it or not.
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
This receiver is GREAT! I love the 3 room option. Having the ability to listen to the TV in one room, CD player in another and still play the IPod in a third room...all at the same time is truly amazing.
Yamaha RXV 2065
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I originally purchased a Marantz SR 7002, but who ever write the instruction manual did not have me in mind. Crutchfield e mailed me a return voucher, I returned the marantz. The next day my credit card was credited and the Yamaha RXV2065 was on the way. Who ever wrote the set up manual had me in mind. I used the auto set up but then adjusted my speakers manually. The 7.2 is nice since I had an extra sub woofer. I live in a fairly large metropolitan area with only 1 audio video outlet. Crutchfield has become my first choice. Mr. Crutchfield based his business on consumer confidence. thanks
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
The 2065 is exactly what I was expecting. The sound is amazing, the 3 zones are wonderful to have, the inputs and outputs are plentiful, it was simple to set up, and has tons of power. The onscreen gui is real easy without instructions. The iPod dock works seamlessly and the Yamaha remote controls the iPod functions - the iPod onscreen gui is also pretty nice.
I have owned it for a couple months with only two issues. The YPAO automated configuration did not work for me - the room is odd shaped, so this was kind of long shot anyway. Regardless, the manual configuration was simple with the onscreen gui and it sounds great.
Although Crutchfield does not advertise the feature, Yamaha touts that this receiver can be controlled by an iPhone app. I could not get it to work. I input the IP address of the receiver in the app and the iPhone crashed. No native apps would load after that (even with reboot) until I did an update all of the apps.
I am unable to use the other network features of the receiver because I have mac, but I was not interested in those features anyway.
What's in the box?
- Black Surround Sound receiver
- 6.5' AC power cord
- Wireless remote control (RAV296)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Simplified remote control (RAV38)
- CR2025 Lithium battery
- Acoustic Optimizer microphone with attached 19.75' cable (has 3.5mm miniplug on the end)
- AM loop antenna
- FM wire antenna (with push-on "F" connector)
- Front panel input cover
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty information
- On-line product registration information
- Front panel and remote diagram sheet
- Satellite radio information
- Rhapsody information
Features and Specs
Digital ToP-ART: Yamaha uses the Digital ToP-ART (Total Purity Audio Reproduction Technology) design concept, which combines the latest and best technologies, parts, and circuit designs, to maximize sound quality.
Wide-range Frequency Response: The receiver's wide-range frequency response, 10Hz to 100kHz, allows you to enjoy the full fidelity of DVD-Audio and Super-Audio CD players.
192kHz/24-bit DAC: The RX-V2065 uses high quality, audio-grade Burr-Brown 192kHz/24-bit digital-to-analog converters for all channels to maximize sound quality.
YPAO Technology: This unit employs the YPAO (Yamaha Parametric Acoustic Optimizer), which automatically adjusts the output of the speakers based on placement, performance, and the room's acoustic characteristics. Using the supplied Optimizer Microphone, YPAO performs the following checks and makes appropriate adjustments to give you the best possible sound from your system:
- Speaker Wiring: checks which speakers are connected and the polarity of each
- Speaker Distance: checks the distance of each speaker from the listening position and adjusts the delay of each channel
- Speaker Size: checks the frequency response of each speaker and sets the appropriate low-frequency crossover for each channel
- EQ: each channel has a parametric equalizer;
choose one of three target settings before running the setup:
- Natural: adjusts all speaker to a natural sound; useful when the flat setting sounds too bright
- Flat: use when all the speakers in the system have similar sound characteristics
- Front: EQs the center and rear speakers to sound like the front; useful when your front speakers are better than the others in the system
- Volume Level: checks and adjusts the volume level of each speaker
Next Generation Surround Sound: The RX-V2065 offers the latest high definition surround sound formats supported by Blu-ray Disc and HD-DVD players:
- Dolby TrueHD: a lossless coding technology that supports up to 8 channels of multi-channel surround sound for the next generation optical discs; the reproduced sound is true to the original source bit-for-bit
- Dolby Digital Plus: developed as an extension to Dolby Digital, the coding technology supports 7.1 discrete channels
- DTS-HD Master Audio: an advanced lossless technology that delivers sound that is bit-for-bit identical to the studio master, offering a high-definition home theater experience
- DTS-HD High Resolution Audio: high resolution audio, virtually indistinguishable from the original audio track
DTS Express: DTS Express is an audio technology used with an optional feature on some Blu-ray Discs and HD DVDs. It offers high-quality low bit rate audio optimized for network streaming and Internet applications. The Secondary Audio of Blu-ray Disc or the Sub Audio of HD DVD from the Internet is mixed with the main audio stream on the player, then sent to the receiver via coaxial or optical digital, or analog connections.
Neural Surround: Neural Surround has been adopted by XM Satellite Radio for digital radio broadcasts of XM HD Surround recordings and live events in surround sound. Neural Surround employs psychoacoustic frequency domain processing which allows delivery of a more detailed sound stage with superior channel separation and localization of audio elements. XM HD provides content with six discrete channels of digital full fidelity audio. Only a handful of XM channels are currently offering programming in XM HD Surround.
Surround Modes: The RX-V2065 offers the following Surround Modes for movies and music:
- Decoding Formats: Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS-Express, DTS Digital Surround, DTS 96/24, DTS-ES Matrix 6.1, DTS-ES Discrete 6.1, Dolby Pro Logic, Dolby Pro Logic II (Music, Movie, and Game), Dolby Pro Logic IIx (Music, Movie, and Game), DSD (SACD), DTS Neo:6 (Music and Cinema), Neural Surround
- Hi-Fi DSP Modes: Hall in Munich, Hall in Vienna, Chamber, Cellar Club, The Roxy Theater, The Bottom Line, Music Video, 7-Channel stereo
- Cinema DSP Modes: Standard, Spectacle, Sci-Fi, Adventure, Drama, Mono Movie, Sports, Action Game, Role-playing Game
- Compressed Music Enhancer: 2-channel Enhancer, 7-channel Enhancer
Pro Logic II/x Parameters: You can adjust the following parameters in Pro Logic II and Pro Logic IIx Music modes:
- Panorama: sends stereo signals to the surround speakers as well as the front speakers for a wraparound effect
- Dimension: adjusts the soundfield either towards the front or towards the rear of the room
- Center Width: moves the center channel output completely towards the center speaker or towards the front left and right speakers
Center Image (DTS NEO: 6 Music): This parameter adjusts the front left and right channel output relative to the center channel to make the center channel more or less dominant as necessary.
Soundfield Parameter Adjustments: You can adjust the value of certain digital soundfield parameters so that the soundfields are recreated accurately in your listening room. The following is a list and description of the soundfield adjustments:
- DSP Levels: adjusts the level of all the DSP effect sounds within a narrow range depending on your the acoustics of your listening area; adjust between -6dB to +3dB
- Dialog Lift: when Presence speakers are in use you can activate the Dialog Lift feature, which assigns some of the front and center channel elements to the Presence speakers to lift the dialog to a higher position; the effect of the Dialog Lift is set between 0 (no lift) and 5 (maximum lift)
- 3D DSP: turns Cinema DSP 3D on/off (requires Presence speakers)
- Initial Delay: changes the apparent distance from the speaker to the reflecting surface (wall) by adjusting the delay between the direct sound and the first reflection heard by the listener, select between 1ms and 99ms for the Main and Presence speakers and between 1ms and 49ms for the surround and surround back speakers
- Room Size: adjust the apparent size of the surround soundfield, make adjustments for the Presence, Surround, and Surround Back room size; adjust between 0.1 (small) and 2.0 (large)
- Liveness: adjusts the reflectivity of the virtual walls in the hall by changing the rate at which the early reflections decay; adjust from 0 to 10
- Reverberation Time: adjusts the amount of time taken for the dense, subsequent reverberation sound to decay by 60 dB at 1 kHz; set this between 1.0s and 5.0s
- Reverberation Delay: adjusts the time difference between the beginning of the direct sound and the beginning of the reverberation sound; set between 0 and 250ms
- Reverberation Level: adjusts the volume of the reverberation sound; set between 0 and 100%
Speaker Setup: This feature allows you to manually adjust the following speaker settings:
- LFE/Bass Out: select the speakers that will output the LFE (low-frequency effect) channel and the other low-frequency signals
- Speaker Sizes: select from the following
speaker sizes for each speaker in your system:
- Front: Large or Small
- Center: Large, Small, or None
- Surround: Large, Small, or None
- Surround Back: Large x 1, Large x 2, Small x 1, Small x 2, or None
- Extra Speakers: select Zone2, Zone2+Zone3, Presence, or None using Extra Speaker jack assignment; when the extra speaker jacks are used for Zone2 or Presence speakers the Surround Back speakers are disabled, when used for Zone2 and Zone3 the Surround and Surround Back speakers are disabled
- Bass Crossover: select the crossover frequency of all the speakers set to Small; choose between 40, 60, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120, 160, and 200Hz
- Subwoofer Phase: switch the phase of your subwoofer between Normal and Reverse
- Speaker Level Adjustment: adjust the output level of each speaker from -10 dB to +10 dB in 0.5 dB steps (relative to the main volume)
- Speaker Distance: adjust the distance from the listener to each speaker (and subsequently the delay applied to the respective channel); select from 1 to 80 feet in 0.5 foot steps
- Equalizer: each of the full range channels is adjusted individually using the seven band equalizer
Dynamic Range: The amount of dynamic range compression applied to bitstream signals is adjustable; Min/Auto is suitable for low volume listening, Standard is typical for home use, and Max doesn't compress the dynamic range at all.
Adaptive Dynamic Range Control (Adaptive DRC): During low-volume listening, such as late as night, dynamic range suffers and some sounds are missed. The effect of Adaptive DRC varies with volume, at lower volume the dynamic range is narrowed.
Bass and Treble Control: You can independently adjust the bass and treble from -10dB to +10dB in 2 dB increments. The bass adjustment is centered at 50 Hz, while the treble adjustment is centered at 20 kHz.
Virtual Cinema DSP: Virtual Cinema DSP is an algorithm that allows you to enjoy DSP soundfield surround effects while using a minimal two-speaker system.
Straight Decoding Mode: When the unit is in the Straight mode, 2-channel stereo sources are output from only the front left and right speakers while multi-channel sources are decoded straight into the appropriate channels without any additional effect processing.
Pure Direct: The Pure Direct mode turns off the surround circuitry, bypasses the tone controls, and turns off the front panel display, allowing sources to bypass the decoders and DSP processors of this unit so you can enjoy pure hi-fi sound from 2-channel analog sources. During Direct playback no sound is output from the subwoofer.
Impedance Selection: You can select 8 ohms or 6 ohms in the menu depending on your speaker application; when set to 6 ohms, 4 ohm speakers are compatible only on the front left and front right outputs.
Audio Delay: You can delay the sound output up to 240ms to synchronize it with the video image.
Max Volume Adjustment: Use this feature to set the maximum volume level in the main zone. This feature is useful to avoid turning the volume too loud by mistake. You can set the Max Volume from -30 dB to +15 dB in 5 dB steps, or to +16.5 dB (full volume range is -80 dB to +16.5 dB).
Initial Volume Setting: Use this feature to set the volume level of the main zone when the power of this unit is turned on. You can choose between Off (same as the volume when the unit was turned off), Mute, and -80 dB to + 16.5 dB in increments of 0.5 dB.
Volume Trim: Use this feature to adjust the volume level of each input. This is useful to balance the level of each input to avoid sudden changes in volume when switching between input sources. The range is from -6 dB to +6 dB in 0.5 dB increments.
Silent Cinema: The Silent Cinema mode allows private listening of multi-channel music or movies, with an accurate simulation of surround sound, through ordinary stereo headphones. Silent Cinema activates automatically whenever you connect headphones while surround sound is engaged.
Compressed Music Enhancer: Compressed formats such as MP3, WMA, and AAC generally remove high and low frequency harmonic information, resulting in a loss of fidelity. The Compressed Music Enhancer, two-channel and 7-channel, regenerates the missing harmonics in compression artifacts and compensates for the loss of low- and high-frequencies to provide improved performance.
Presence Speakers: There are two extra pair of speaker terminals that can be used for Presence speakers or for driving a pair of speakers in a second or third zone (or both). The Presence speakers supplement the sound from the front speakers with extra ambient effects produced by Cinema DSP. These effects include sounds that the filmmakers intended to locate a little farther back behind the screen in order to create more theater-like ambience. The Presence speakers should be placed at the front of the room 1-3 feet outside of the front speakers and at least 6 feet off the floor.
Note: You must select in the menu whether the speaker terminals are being used for Presence speakers, Zone2, or Zone2+Zone3.
Multi-channel Analog Input: This unit has a discrete 7.1-channel analog input for connecting DVD-Audio and Super-Audio CD players or an external decoder.
Speaker Terminals: The receiver has binding post speaker terminals for the front, center, surround, and surround back channels, as well as the SP1 and SP2 extra speaker terminals (for presence, Zone2, and Zone3 speakers). The binding posts can accept bare wire, pin connectors, and single banana plugs. The terminals are spaced too far apart for dual banana plugs. The collar surrounding the binding post terminals prevents the use of spade connectors.
Bi-Amp Speaker Connections: The RX-V2065 allows you to reassign the surround back amplifier channels to make bi-amp connections. A bi-amplification connection uses two amplifiers for one speaker. One amplifier is connected to the woofer section of a loudspeaker while the other is connected to the combined midrange and tweeter section. With this arrangement each amplifier operates over a restricted frequency range, making its job easier.
Dual Zone Capability: The RX-V2065 allows you to play three different sources in three zones. The receiver has stereo preamp outputs and speaker terminals for Zone2 and Zone3. Only sources that are connected via analog audio inputs can be output to Zone2 or Zone3. You can control the receiver from these zones using the supplied second remote control when an infrared signal repeater system is used. If you're using the preamp outputs, separate amplifiers or stereo receivers with additional speakers, or powered speaker systems are required. While the receiver will power speakers in both additional zones, doing so will defeat the amplifiers powering the surround and surround back speakers in the main room.
HD Radio Tuner: The RX-V2065 is equipped with an HD Radio tuner. HD Radio, the only digital broadcast system in America approved by the FCC, offers crystal-clear, CD-quality sound via existing AM/FM bands. In addition, it provides program-associated data and the ability to tune to multiple programs at the same dial position. The HD radio information is displayed on the front panel of the receiver and on the TV monitor.
Sleep Timer: The receiver's Sleep Timer function can be set turn the unit automatically off after 30, 60, 90, or 120 minutes.
Memory Guard: This feature is used to prevent accidental changes to the DSP program parameter values and other system settings.
1080p HDMI Inputs/Outputs: On the back panel there are four 1.3a HDMI inputs and two outputs, plus a fifth input on the front panel. Both outputs can be used simultaneously and output 1 is compatible with HDMI Control (output 2 is not). These HDMI jacks can be used for 2-channel and multi-channel linear PCM (up to 8-channel) and Bitstream (Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, etc) digital audio formats as well as digital video signals up to 1080p resolution (including 1080/24p). They also support Deep Color (30 bit and 36 bit), x.v.Color, 120 Hz and 24 Hz refresh rates, and auto Lip-Sync compensation.
HDMI Through: When the RX-V2065 is in standby mode (power off), the HDMI Through feature allows HDMI source signals to pass through the receiver to the TV. The HDMI input must be selected before the unit is turned off.
Video Conversion: Video conversion allows analog video signals from composite and component video sources to be output as digital video signals through the HDMI output. In addition, component video signals are converted to composite and composite video signals are converted to component video. You cannot convert HDMI input signals to any other type of signal.
Video Scaling: In addition to converting composite and component video to HDMI, the analog video signals can be scaled to a higher resolution; up to 1080p, for output via HDMI.
HDTV-Compatible Component Video: The RX-V2065 offers two component video inputs and a component video monitor output. These inputs and outputs have a frequency response of 5 Hz to 60 MHz and will pass High Definition video sources up to 1080p.
Front Panel AV Input: In addition to the HDMI input, the front panel's Video Aux input features analog stereo and composite video RCA jacks.
GUI: The RX-V2065 features a new Graphic User Interface with easy to use on-screen display menus that allow you to optimize this unit to suit your individual audiovisual system.
Rename: You can rename each input so the display reflects the actual source; choose from a pre-programmed template or create an original name, up to nine characters.
Network Receiver: With the local area network (LAN) connection you can play audio files from up to 16 PCs using Windows Media Player 11. The Network Receiver also provides the ability to listen to any of the thousands of stations available on Internet radio when connected to a broadband Internet connection. The included vTuner is customized for this unit, providing a database of over 2,000 Internet radio stations. You can also stream music using the Rhapsody service (subscription required).
DLNA: The RX-V2065 is DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) certified, ensuring it has undergone rigorous testing and conforms to the Interoperability Guidelines for compatibility with various CE, PC, and mobile devices over wired and wireless networks.
Main Remote Control: The receiver comes with a multi-brand wireless remote control (RAV296). In addition to the receiver, the remote can control multiple brands of TVs, DVD players/recorders, DVRs, VCRs, etc.
Scene: The RX-V2065 features four Scene buttons on the front panel and remote to make operating the receiver easier. These buttons are initially set to default settings for Blu-ray/DVD viewing, TV viewing, CD listening, and Radio listening. Each can be reprogrammed to any input and any soundfield.
Simplified Remote Control: A second remote is also supplied with the RX-V2065; a simplified model (RAV38) for basic operation of the receiver. This remote will control the main zone, Zone2, or Zone3.
Remote Jacks: The receiver has remote input and remote output mini-jack terminals for use with external IR receivers and compatible Yamaha components.
12V Trigger Output: The RX-V2065 has two mini-jack outputs to send a 12-Volt DC turn-on signal to another component that accepts a 12V trigger, such as a power amplifier or motorized projection screen.
USB: The receiver is equipped with a USB port on the front panel for use with a USB flash memory drive or USB portable device. Supported file types include WAV (PCM format only), MP3, WMA, MPEG-4 AAC, and FLAC.
Bluetooth: An optional YBA-10 Bluetooth adapter (022YBA10, sold separately) can be connected to the dock port on the RX-V2065 to allow you to stream audio wirelessly from your compatible Bluetooth device.
Note: Either the iPod dock or Bluetooth dock can be connected to the receiver, not both.
iPod Universal Dock: With the optional YDS-11 iPod Universal Dock (022YDS11, sold separately), you can connect your iPod digital music player to the RX-V2065 and control audio/video playback using the remote control. Most fourth generation and later iPods (Click Wheel) are compatible. Video from your iPod and album art can be displayed on a connected TV monitor.
SIRIUS Satellite Ready: You can listen to SIRIUS Satellite Radio by connecting the SiriusConnect tuner (607SCH1 or 220SCH2P, sold separately) to the RX-V2065's proprietary plug. SIRIUS Satellite Radio offers over 130 channels of music, news, sports, talk, and entertainment to choose from--all in digital quality. During SIRIUS playback you can display the channel number and name, category, artist name and song title, Composer name, channel number and antenna reception level, or Soundfield program on the front panel.
Note: A subscription is required in order to receive SIRIUS Satellite Radio.
XM Satellite Ready: The optional XM Direct 2 Home Tuner (220XHD2H1, sold separately) lets you enjoy XM Satellite Radio through the XM-ready receiver. Simply connect the XM direct 2 Home Tuner to the XM jack on back of the receiver, place and aim the included antenna for optimum reception, and you are ready to start enjoying commercial-free music, plus live sports, new, talk, and exclusive entertainment.
Note: In addition to the XM Direct 2 Home Tuner and the XM-ready receiver, you will need a subscription to XM Satellite Radio to receive XM programming.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.