Overview: The Yamaha T-S500 is user-friendly AM/FM stereo
tuner that provides convenient tuning functions and a high visibility, two-line
display. It uses Yamaha's new HiFi component design that matches Yamaha integrated
amplifiers and receivers, but can also be used with any model integrated
amplifier or receiver with a stereo RCA input.
40-Station AM/FM Preset Tuning: The Yamaha T-S500 Tuner allows you to
store up to 40 AM/FM station presets. The T-S500 can be set to automatically
preset the 40 strongest FM stations on the dial so you don't have to select and
preset them manually. Thanks to Multi-Status Station Memory, each station memory
includes the parameters set when it was memorized, for optimum quality each time
it is selected.
Auto Search + Manual Tuning: Automatic tuning is effective when station signals are strong and there is no
interference. If the signal from the station you want to select is weak, tune
into it manually.
Stereo/Mono Mode (FM only): If the signal from an FM station is weak and
the sound quality is poor, set the tuner to monaural tuning mode to improve
AM/FM Antennas: The Yamaha T-S500 comes with an indoor AM
loop antenna and indoor FM wire antenna. You can connect an optional outdoor
AM/FM antenna (sold separately) for even better reception.
RCA Output: The Yamaha T-S500 is fitted with stereo analog
RCA outputs to connect the tuner to the phono input of your integrated amplifier
or A/V receiver.
Display: The Yamaha T-S500 AM/FM Stereo Tuner is equipped with a
2-line, 16-character (5x7 dot matrix) display. The tuner's display provides a larger
amount of more precise information, making the tuning operation easier. You can
change the brightness level (1-4) of the display.
Front-Panel IR Sensor: The T-S500's front-panel IR sensor allows the
remote control from a Yamaha integrated amplifier or A/V receiver to
operate the tuner.
Output Level/Impedance (fixed):
- FM (40 kHz Dev., 1 kHz): 1.0 V / 1.2 kΩ
- AM (30% mod., 1 kHz): 0.36 V / 1.2 kΩ
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 15 kHz (-3dB)
- Tuning Range: 87.5 to 107.9 MHz
- 50dB Mono Quieting Sensitivity (IHF, 100% mod.): 3 µV
- Usable Sensitivity (S/N 30dB):
- Mono: 1.0 µV
- Image Rejection Ratio: 80 dB
- I.F. Rejection Ratio: 70 dB
- Selectivity (400 kHz): 70 dB
- Signal/Noise Ratio (IHF): 80 dB (Mono); 75dB (Stereo)
- Harmonic Distortion (1 kHz): Mono 0.3%; Stereo 0.5%
- Stereo Separation (40 kHz Dev): 43 dB (1 kHz)
- Antenna Input: 75Ω
- Tuning Range: 530 to 1710 kHz
- Usable Sensitivity: 300 µV/m
- Selectivity: 30 dB
- Signal/Noise Ratio: 50 dB
- Image Rejection Ratio: 35 dB
- Harmonic Distortion: 1.0%
Power Consumption: 9 W
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to
find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research
team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record
dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies
to help people make informed choices.