GT Power Series dual 6"x9" powered subwoofer
Item #: 023GTPW692
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $119.99
Blaupunkt designed their 6902A powered subwoofer to fit in your spare-tire housing, so you get bass that's out of sight. This GT Series powered sub comes equipped with two 6"x9" polypropylene woofers powered by an internal amplifier that delivers 150 watts RMS. You get a hidden powered subwoofer that really rumbles.
- powered subwoofer with dual 6"x9" woofers
- built-in 150-watt RMS amplifier (300 watts maximum)
- frequency response: 20-120 Hz
- dimensions: 22-1/2"W x 6-3/8"H x 22-1/2"D
- warranty: none (Crutchfield's 60-day satisfaction guarantee applies)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Who needs a powered subwoofer?
To produce bass, you need a sub, an enclosure, and an amplifier, and it can be little tricky to match them all up. A powered sub eliminates all the hassle, as the manufacturer designs the enclosure to house the sub and amp together. This all-in-one solution is especially useful in smaller vehicles, where there's no room to mount a separate amp, or in any vehicle where you need every bit of cargo space. Powered subs range from small, flat boxes that fit under your seat to larger boxes that go in your trunk.
Blaupunkt 6902A Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Geat value, easy install, excellent bass!
1991 Dodge Daytona
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I didn't expect much from this unit because it uses two 6"x9" speakers in the subwoofer, but man was I wrong!
Pros: Nice, deep, clear bass. Easy install, built-in gain and crossover. No need to run separate amplifier control wire. The cable that is included contains dual power wires, dual ground wires, and separate wires to hook up the speaker inputs to the amplified output of the stereo if your deck does not have preamp outputs.
Cons: Did not include RCA cable. The included cable was a little short, which forced my to have to run them straight up the middle of the car, as opposed to along the edges of the doors.
What's in the box?
- Amplified subwoofer
- Two 15 amp ATO fuses (1 installed)
- 10' Wiring harness (power/ ground/ speaker level input)
- Owner's manual
Features and Specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||6x9 x2|
|Woofer Material||Injected Polypropy|
|Parts Warranty||60 Days|
|Labor Warranty||60 Days|
|Amplifier Power (RMS)||150 watts|
|Maximum Wattage||300 watts|
|Second Voice Coil Impedance||N/A|
Overview: The GTs 6902 A amplified subwoofer features a 150-watt RMS (300-watts max) amp and two 6x9 subwoofers housed in an enclosure designed to fit in the spare tire well (the spare tire is removed).
Auto Turn-on: The amplifier automatically turns on when it detects a signal on the line or speaker level inputs. After approximately 60 seconds with no input signal, the amplifier will turn off.
- Gain: rotary dial to set the amplifier input gain; continuously variable from 300mV to 5V for the line level inputs and 1.2V to 16V for the speaker level inputs
- X-Over: rotary dial to set the low-pass crossover frequency; continuously variable from 60 Hz to 120 Hz
- Phase: rotary dial to set the subwoofer phase; continuously variable from 0° to 180°
- Power: the included 10' harness has two power and two ground wires (all should be connected and the power wires should be fused at the battery)
- Speaker Input: the included 10' harness also has left and right speaker level input wires
- Line Input: stereo RCA jacks
- RF Link: RJ-25 jack; not used in this installation
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.