Blaupunkt New York 830
Item #: 023NY830
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $499.99
Big-city attitude no matter where you roam
Blaupunkt's New York 830 DVD navigation receiver provides top-notch guidance, while you tap into your favorite entertainment sources from the driver's seat. You'll enjoy convenient directions through the receiver's 6.2" display, which doubles as a portal to your audio and video favorites, hands-free calling, and audio streaming. You'll find that this receiver's name truly reflects its cosmopolitan looks and sophisticated performance.
Hit the road
Looking to explore new areas? You can trust the New York 830 to provide reliable directions across all 50 states, Canada, and Puerto Rico, and it offers fifteen million points of interest for when it's time for a pit stop. Lane guidance ensures you'll be in the correct position for your next turn, and you can see realistic views of certain complicated intersections for easier navigation. Certain areas will be shown with 3D graphics for buildings, landmarks, elevated roads, and terrain so you can orient yourself more quickly.
TomTom provides the maps for the New York 830, including TomTom's historical traffic data, which lets the receiver calculate routes and arrival times more accurately based on previous traffic patterns over the same roads. You'll also hear turn-by-turn directions with announced street names, plus audible alerts when you're going over the speed limit.
Bluetooth® calling and music streaming
The New York 830 offers Bluetooth connectivity, so you'll be able to make and take calls using your compatible phone through the stereo. An included external microphone lets your callers hear you clearly. Built-in A2DP technology allows you to stream music from your smartphone through this receiver.
Two sets of A/V outputs let you send movies or other video content to external video monitors, so you can keep the whole crew happy when you're on a road trip. Dual-zone capability means you can send video from a DVD to your rear-seat monitors while enjoying your favorite radio station or other music up front. You can use the 3-band parametric equalizer to shape your sound, and the full complement of preamp outputs includes a dedicated subwoofer output with low-pass filter and level control.
Use your tunes wisely
You can plug your iPod® or iPhone® into the front or rear USB inputs, or jack a satellte radio tuner or other device into one of the two available audio/video inputs. CDs or DVDs are covered too — including discs loaded with MP3 or WMA files. Load some SD cards with your top road tunes and access them through the receiver's front card slot as well. And a dedicated input on the rear panel accommodates an optional rear-view camera to let you get in and out of tight spaces more easily.
Want to keep your steering wheel controls?
In most vehicles, you can use an adapter (not included) to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Blaupunkt stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the receiver, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. Check the "Accessories" tab for compatible adapters.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- DVD/CD receiver with 6.2" touchscreen and AM/FM tuner
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- internal amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control (see Details tab for model compatibility)
- remote control
- maps of United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, plus 15 million points of interest
- text-to-speech announces actual street names at turns
- lane guidance and junction view
- 3D representations of landmarks, buildings, elevated roads, and terrain
- plays CDs, DVDs, USB, and SD memory devices (see Details for full capabilities)
- 3-band parametric EQ with 8 presets, low-pass filter
- dual-zone A/V output
- inputs: front and rear USB inputs; front 3.5mm input; rear composite A/V input; SD card slot; rear-view camera input
- outputs: 5-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, subwoofer); two A/V outputs
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Why install a car stereo with built-in GPS?
Imagine taking a trip as your car's receiver gives you directions, finds the best restaurant for dinner, and plays movies for your back seat denizens. Navigation receivers cover all the bases, with GPS guidance, DVD playback, and a host of other useful features. You can search through millions of points of interest to locate gas stations, restaurants, museums, and other interesting spots, wherever you are. Most receivers offer Bluetooth capability for hands-free calling, along with the ability to search through your iPod playlists with touchscreen controls.
Blaupunkt New York 830 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Very good value. This is a feature loaded unit. Installation was straight-forward. Touch screen works well. Plenty of connection options. I had no trouble updating the nav map on the sd card once I downloaded the updater. Only troubles so far: my iPhone 5s does not auto-connect to bluetooth despite having it set to do so. This may be a problem with iOS since I can connect by clicking on the device in iOS bluetooth settings. Also wish I could make the clock time show larger and on the map.
Pros: High value for the features
Cons: Bluetooth with iPhone is not auto-connecting
So far so good
2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
The unit looks nice and seems to work well. Install was easy with crutchfield harness and dash kit though the crutchfield directions left out some important steps. Other than that I'm very pleased with the unit. Bluetooth seems to work well for music and calling, NAV seems to work though it needs updated (not looking forward to that based on previous review), and DVD player actually works and looks pretty good. Went into an F250 and getting in the dash was the hardest part. Very happy so far.
Pros: Well priced for all the features.
Cons: Instruction/owners manual horrible. 20 pages in english and doesn't in my opinion cover everything.
Blaupunkt New York 830
2005 Ford F-150
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Very nice unit. Very easy install with the Crutchfield harness and insructions.
Pros: Low cost with loads of features. Easy to use.
Cons: Did not come with any mounting hardware. Lucky I had the 4 screws needed to mount the unit to the tray supplied by Crutchfield.
Blaupunkt New York 830
2009 Porsche Cayman
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Had this radio installed 2 weeks ago in Porsche Cayman. Very nice look, touch screen works well. Easy to Navigate. Main features for me are iPod/iPhone control, and bluetooth for phone. Both work great. Phone is clear on both ends using supplied mic. Boot up time is acceptable. Haven't used Nav much, and don't understand audio muting when using Nav, but probably explained in the book (i.e., how to unmute).
Pros: iPod control thorugh USB; sound quality; bluetooth phone.
Cons: None yet
Blaupunkt NY 830
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Very nice head unit for the price. I am only giving it 4 stars beacuse updating the Micro SD card for the maps is complicated at best, I have spent way too much time already trying to figure out how to download/uplaod the newest map info. I will just have to live with the SD card as is.
Pros: Ease of use, clear display
Cons: SD map update
BLAUPUNKT NEW YORK 830
2001 Ford Explorer
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
The 830 has more features, more options than I could have imagined. The GPS navigation is time on, with options like male or female voice assist, plus landmarks. While in navigation mode, you can listen to your favorite radio channel, and with a push of a button, go back to the navigation map. It tells you when the posted speed limit changes. The radio has 18 fm presets. With plenty of hookups in the back, like back-up camera, USB, sub woofer, ipod, DVD player, you won't want for any more hookups. If also has a couple on the front plate, to help charge your phone while driving. Money well spent.
Pros: 18 fm presets, CD & DVD player, large screen, navigation, simple navigation between options.
What's in the box?
- Double-DIN Navigation receiver w/ built-in 6.2" monitor (15A fused installed)
- Sleeve (installed with 4 screws)
- 4GB map microSD card (pre-installed)
- Trim ring
- Power/ground harness
- Speaker harness
- Preamp output/AV input harness
- Video out harness
- Rear camera/SWC harness
- GPS antenna (with attached 9.75' cable terminated by an SMB connector)
- Microphone (with attached 7.75' cable terminated by a right-angle 3.5mm connector)
- Visor clip (installed on mic)
- Self-adhesive bracket
- Remote control
- CR2025 3V battery
- Metal backstrap
- Rear-support bolt
- Rubber boot
- Operating Instructions
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue/White/Red|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|AUX Input||3.5mm AV|
|Audio/video Input||Front and Rear|
|Memory Card Slot||USB, SD|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
6.2" Touchscreen TFT Display: The Blaupunkt New York 830 has an integrated 6.2" TFT widescreen display with touchscreen controls. The display provides a high-resolution video monitor for watching your DVD videos and viewing navigation maps. The screen has a resolution of 830 x 480 (RGB) and 1,152,000 total pixels. The unit's touchscreen panel features interactive controls making menu navigation easy.
- Brightness: You can adjust the brightness level of the touchscreen monitor's backlight.
- Aspect Ratio: You can select between a 16:9 or 4:3 aspect ratio for the touchscreen display.
- Wallpaper: You can select from a variety of preset wallpapers for the background image of the head unit's menu screens. Or, you can select your image from an inserted SD-card.
- Display Off: When this feature is activated, the touchscreen display of the radio is completely switched off after 10 or 20 seconds without use.
Note: The unit's 6.2" touchscreen is fixed and not detachable. You can select between English, French, or Spanish for on-screen text.
Hard-Key Controls: In addition to the unit's LCD touchscreen controls, the New York 830 also features hard-key controls on the left edge of the screen (including a 3-way rotary audio control).
Start Up Time: The Blaupunkt New York 830 has a start up time of approximately 43.1 seconds from off to the Map screen or 13.3 seconds from off to an AV source screen.
Anti-Theft Code: You may program the unit with a 4 digit security code to protect against theft. Once the unit has been programmed with a security code, the code must be entered to use the unit after it has been disconnected from power.
Parking Brake Detection: To prevent the displaying of video while the vehicle is in motion, the bright green wire in the supplied 18-pin harness must be connected to the vehicle's parking brake detection circuit. Your vehicle will need to be stopped and have the parking brake fully engaged to view video. While the vehicle is in motion (parking brake off), you can still view all of the other displays and menus.
2-DIN Chassis: The New York 830 has a 2-DIN chassis (also known as Double DIN), and will fit in many vehicles with a large dash opening. The unit can be ISO-mounted using factory brackets, or Euro-mounted using the supplied mounting sleeve. As always, please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to verify fit with your vehicle.
Navigation Mapping Software: The integrated map database (by TomTom) used by the Blaupunkt New York 830 was created using high-resolution aerial and land based data collection. Navigation data is stored on the unit's preloaded 4GB microSD-card for quick access and response. The New York 830 provides map coverage of the United States (all 50 states), Canada, and Puerto Rico. The Blaupunkt New York 830's integrated iGo Primo navigation software provides turn-by-turn visual and voice assistance to direct you to your selected destination. The built-in software quickly calculates step-by-step directions to any destination available on the included navigation map.
Note: Car navigation maps are frequently updated. While this database was judged to be as accurate as possible at the time of its release, a map database can never be 100% accurate. Road information that is maintained in the map databases, such as turn restrictions or road names may change over time.
Map Updates: It is easy to keep the navigation system up to date. Simply download new map data from www.naviextras.com, store the updated map data on a microSD card and insert it into the Blaupunkt New York 830 via the front-panel microSD card slot. To ensure that you have the latest version of the map data when you purchase the New York 830, you have 30 days from the first GPS positioning to download the latest version of the map data once and free of charge.
GPS (Global Position System): Blaupunkt's built-in navigation helps you find your way to your destination with an integrated GPS receiver & external GPS antenna. The Blaupunkt New York 830 features a built-in SiRFprima GPS receiver and includes an external magnetic GPS antenna. The New York 830 uses Global Position System (GPS) satellites, and a digital roadway map database to calculate and display vehicle positioning and travel direction. The New York 830 considers vehicle speed an heading changes, together with longitude and latitude information, to accurately determine vehicle heading and position on a digital map. Signal from GPS satellites are used to determine the vehicle location.
On-Screen Map: The unit's on-screen map shows your vehicle's current position (a dark blue arrow by default), the recommended route (a light blue line), the surrounding map area, and your destination as a checkered flag. The on-screen map shows streets, roads, and highways in a way that is similar to how a paper road map show them. A road's width and colors corresponds to their importance, so you can easily tell a freeway from a small street. When navigating a route, the top section of the map screen shows information about your next route maneuver and the next street or the next city/town. When approaching a turn, the map screen will zoom in and raise the view angle to let you easily recognize your maneuver at the next junction. If the next turn is at a distance, it will zoom out and lower the view angle to be flat so you can see the road in front of you. The map also displays data; such as the posted speed limit, your current speed, current time, distance to your destination, time left before you reach your destination, and your arrival time.
- 2D/3D Map Mode: The Blaupunkt New York 830 allows you to view its on-screen map in a 2D (two-dimensional) or 3D (three-dimensional) view. Similar to paper road maps, the 2D mode, shows you streets, roads, and elevation by color. In 3D mode, you can see the altitude and elevations differences. You can distinguish between valleys, mountains, and elevated roads. In selected cities 3D landmarks and 3D buildings are also displayed.
- Color Mode: The navigation map screen uses different color themes (Day/Night) during the day and during the night for both the map and the menu screen. Daytime colors are similar to paper road maps, and the menus are bright. The nigh color themes use dark colors for large objects to keep the average brightness of the screen low. You can also set the navigation unit to switch between daytime and night color modes automatically based on the current time and GPS position.
Lane Information & Signposts: The Blaupunkt New York 830's navigation map offers helpful lane information & signpost guidance.
- Lane Information: When navigation on multilane roads, it is important to take the appropriate lane in order to follow the recommended route. If lane information is available in the map data, the map screen will display the lanes and their directions using small arrows at the bottom of the map. High lighted arrows represent the lanes you need to take.
- Signposts: Where additional information is available, signposts substitute arrows. Signposts are displayed at the top of the map. The color and style of the signposts are similar to the real ones you can see above the road or by the roadside, They show the available destinations and the number of the road the lane leads to.
- Junction View: If you are approaching a freeway exit or a complex intersection and the needed information exists, the map is replaced with a 3D view of the junction. The lanes you need to take are displayed with arrows. Signposts can also be present, if information is available.
Audible Alerts: The Blaupunkt New York 830 offers various audible alerts and functions to help you get to your destination safely.
- Voice Guidance (Text-to-Speech): In addition to graphic directions, the New York 830 provides voice guidance and turn-by-turn directions. You can select from English, French, Spanish, Korean, Japanese, and Chinese audible languages. The volume of the voice prompts can be increased with increases in speed to overcome road noise. Voice guidance can be turned off if you prefer.
- Safety Alert: This function can warn you when you approach road safety cameras, school zones, or railroad crossings (if available). You can also add your own alert points. Beeps or the spoken type of alert will be heard when you are approaching of these points.
- Speed Limit Warning: Some maps may contain information about the speed limits of certain road segments. The New York 830 provides an audible warning if you exceed the recommended speed limit.
Historical Traffic: The New York 830 features TomTom's Historica Traffic database of more than 9 trillion anonymously-collected data points, providing analysis to predict driving behavior along your route. You'll be able to determine the fastest route and accurate ETA at different times of the day. You'll also be able to analyze traffic congestion, travel times, and delays at different times of the day along your route.
Note: This is not a real-time traffic information system. This is only a collection of historical traffic data that has happened in the past that will further help the navigation system to give you the best route and most accurate ETA possible.
Where Am I?: This screen contains information about the current position (or approximately the last known position if GPS reception is not available) and a button to search for POIs nearby.
Find Menu: The Find Menu gives you many different ways to choose your destination or insert a waypoint in your current route. An on-screen keyboard appears to allow you to enter your destination from one of the following categories:
|Find on Map||Search for a destination by scrolling the map display.|
|Find Address||Enter full/partial address, or Search for a city (central location), or Search for the intersection of two roads.|
|Find Places||Search for over 15,000,000 points-of-interest (POIs) near your current location, in a specific city, along your current route, or near your destination. You can search by name of place or by category.|
|Favorites||Store your favorite locations for easy recall.|
|History||Destinations that you have set previously|
|Coordinates||Allows you to search your destination by longitude and latitude values.|
|Picture||Select locations from geotagged JPEG photos from an inserted USB device or SD/SDHC memory card.|
Route Calculation: The Blaupunkt New York 830 calculates your route based on your Vehicle Type, Route Method, and Avoidances.
- Vehicle Type: You select what type of vehicle you are driving, so the navigation unit can determine the best route based on your vehicle type (Car, Truck, Emergency, Bus, or Taxi).
- Route Method: You can choose which route method
(Fastest, Shortest, Green, Economical, or Easy) the navigation unit should
use when calculating your route.
- Fastest: give a quick route, if you can travel at or near the speed limit on all roads. Usually the best section for fast and normal cars
- Shortest: gives a route that has the smallest total distance of all possible routes. It can be practical for slow vehicles
- Green: gives a quick, but full efficient route based on the fuel consumption data you provide
- Easy: results in a route with fewer turns and no difficult maneuvers
- Avoidances: You can tell the navigation unit to avoid certain types of roads along your calculated route, such as - Highways, Tolls, Carpool/HOV, Unpaved Roads, and/or Ferries.
Quick Menu: The Quick menu is a selection of controls and functions that are frequently needed during navigation. It can be directly opened from the map screen.
Route Preview: The navigation head unit lets you preview your route's turn-by-turn instructions and simulate travel along that projected route.
Automatic Route Recalculation: The unit will automatically recalculate your route if you stray from the navigation unit's previously calculated route.
Trip Monitor: The Trip Monitor contains useful information about your trip. Trip logs can be saved manually when you reach your destination or automatically along your route. Trip log data includes - Start/End Time, Avg./Max. Speed, Total/Driving/Stopped Time, Total Distance, and Min./Max. Altitude.
Disc Compatibility: The Blaupunkt New York 830 has a front-loading disc-slot to make loading your disc easier, because there is no panel to slide or fold-down. The New York 830 supports playback of DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, CD-Audio, and CD-R/RW discs.
Front-Panel SD-Card Slot: The Blaupunkt New York 830 is equipped with a front-panel SD-card slot (hidden behind pull-out tab) for playback of music, video, and photo files stored on a SD/SDHC memory card (up to 32GB).
Dual USB Ports: The Blaupunkt New York 830 features a front-panel USB (type-A) port that is hidden behind a flip-up cover and a rear-panel USB (type-A) port attached to the rear chassis via a 6" pigtail. Both USB ports enable connection and control of many types of portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device; such as select Android smartphones (Froyo/Gingerbread only), portable digital audio players, or USB thumbdrives. The head unit will play back audio, video, and photo files from a compatible USB MSC device. USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the navigation receiver's USB port (max. 0.5A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Compressed Media Playback: This unit can play back audio, video, and photo files recorded onto a disc, USB device, or SD/SDHC memory card.
|Media Type||CD-R/RW||SD/SDHC Card||USB Storage Device|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2||FAT32|
|Playable File Types||Audio||MP3 (32-320 kbps), WMA (32-192 kbps)|
|Video||AVI, MP4, MPG, MPEG, Xvid, DivX|
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||1,500 total files|
|Tags||ID3 tag (version 1/2), WMA tag|
Parental Control: Parental Control allows you to restrict DVD playback according to a predetermined level. You can select a parental control rating from 0-8, which is protected by a 4-digit password.
Off Eject w/ Auto Reload: You can eject a disc with the unit off. You cannot insert a disc with the unit off. If a disc is left in the ejected position for 10 seconds, the disc is automatically reloaded (only when unit is powered on).
iPod/iPhone Compatible: The Blaupunkt New York 830's front-panel USB port can be used to connect your iPod/iPhone to the head unit, via the dock/lightning connector-to-USB cable which comes with your iPod/iPhone. The New York 830 supports audio playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of your compatible iPod/iPhone.
- Audio Playback: The USB connection allows your iPod/iPhone's stored music to be loaded instantly to the head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 1-bit D/A converter. The Blaupunkt head unit supports audio playback of stored music and music apps on your iPod or iPhone.
- Music Navigation: You can search your iPod/iPhone's stored music library by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, etc.. Many iPod/iPhone device's clickwheel or touchscreen will be locked during connection. However, Apple devices w/ iOS 6.0+ will stay unlocked.
- Song/Artist Display: The head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music file information; including Track number, Folder number, Elapsed playing time, Song title, Artist name, Album title, and Album Art.
- Battery Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 0.5A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position (if your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it).
Built-in Bluetooth: The Blaupunkt New York 830 is equipped with built-in Bluetooth (2.0+EDR) allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles; HFP 1.5 (Hands Free Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile), A2DP 1.2 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), and AVRCP 1.3 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
- Hands-Free Communication (HFP/PBAB): The New York 830
allows for wireless communication between the head unit and your
Bluetooth-enabled iPhone, Android smartphone, or other Bluetooth-enabled
mobile phone. You'll be able to answer incoming calls, as well as dial
- Answering A Call: During an incoming call, the caller's phone number will be seen on the unit's LCD touchscreen and a ring-tone will be heard through your car stereo speakers; your music audio will be muted. You can then manually answer the incoming call from the head unit's touchscreen controls or set the unit up to answer incoming calls automatically. The head unit's integrated front-panel microphone or external microphone carries on your side of the conversation while your car's speakers are used to hear the other person.
- Making A Call: You can make a call using the Blaupunkt in-dash head unit's touchscreen controls. Outgoing calls can be made be entering telephone numbers directly via the car stereo's touchscreen controls. You can also search for contact names (up to 1,000) in your mobile phone's phonebook from the New York 830 and then make your call. In addition, the head unit stores a list of previously missed, received, and dialed calls.
- Wireless Audio Streaming (A2DP/AVRCP): The New York 830 allows you to wirelessly play back stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, or other Bluetooth-enabled devices using a Bluetooth A2DP/AVRCP connection. You can control basic playback functions of your music on your Bluetooth-enabled device from the New York 830's touchscreen monitor. Playback functions include Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track. This unit will display song/artist information from stored music and music apps.
Note: Before using your Bluetooth enabled device, it must be paired to the New York 830. Up to 5 devices can be paired, but only one can be used at a time. The New York 830 is compatible with most Bluetooth enabled mobile phones, including the Apple iPhone and many Android smartphones. Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Blaupunkt New York 830.
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Blaupunkt New York 830 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 12/4/2013):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Album Art||Artist/Song Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
22 Watt x 4 Channel Amp: The Blaupunkt New York 830 is equipped with a 22 watt RMS x 4 channel amplifier (50 watts Peak x 4 channels).
5CH/2V Preamp Outputs + LPF: The New York 830 features front, rear and subwoofer 2.0-volt preamp outputs. The stereo front & rear speaker preamp outputs are balance and fade adjustable; the mono-subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. The receiver features a built-in Low Pass Filter control for the subwoofer preamp-output; you can select from 80Hz, 120Hz, or 160Hz.
EQ: The New York 830 features a Preset & Custom EQ. The built-in equalizer offers 8 preset sound modes (Techno, Rock, Classic, Jazz, Optimal, Flat, Pop, User) suitable for the music genre of your choice. The User mode allows you to manually adjust the head unit's 3-band parametric EQ (Frequency/Level).
|Bass||60, 80, 100, 200 Hz||-14 to +14|
|Midrange||0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.5 kHz||-14 to +14|
|Treble||10.0, 12.5, 15.0, 17.5 kHz||-14 to +14|
Volume Offset & Dynamic Bass Boost: The level of each source may be independently adjusted to prevent radical leaps in output volume when switching from one source to another. The available settings range from 0-12. The Dynamic Bass Boost feature enhances low frequencies.
Key Beep: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
AM/FM Tuner: The Blaupunkt New York 830 is equipped with a built-in AM/FM tuner offering manual, seek/scan, & preset tuning.
- Preset Tuning: The built-in tuner provides 3 FM banks and 2 AM banks. You can store 6 radio stations in each bank, giving you 18 FM and 12 AM preset stations. Stations can be preset manually or automatically.
- Direct Tuning: You can enter a station's frequency directly from the head unit's touchscreen keypad (0-9).
- Scanning: You can use the scan function to play all the receivable AM/FM stations of the current band for a few seconds.
- Tuning Sensitivity: The seek tuning sensitivity decides whether the automatic station seek tuning finds only strong stations or also weaker stations that may be noisy.
- RDS: The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
- US/European Tuning: You can set the built-in AM/FM tuner between US standard and European tuning spacing.
Dual A/V Inputs: The navigation receiver is fitted with two audio/video inputs. The unit features a front-panel 3.5mm audio/video input for connecting an external game console or portable MP3 player. The head unit also features a composite video/stereo audio RCA input on the rear-panel for connecting an external A/V source, such as a Blu-ray player or mobile ATSC tuner.
Audio/Video Output (w/ Dual Zone): The New York 830 is equipped with two composite video outputs and one set of RCA audio outputs to connect external monitors and a headphone system in the rear of your vehicle. You can select from Disc, SD-card, USB, or AV-IN for the rear source. Since a different source can be displayed on the external monitor than on the navigation head unit, it is possible to view images and movies on an external monitor while driving.
Rear Camera Input: The unit features a composite video input for connecting an optional rear view camera (sold separately). The video from this connection can be set to display when switched to this input, or display the rear view camera video automatically when the vehicle is shifted into Reverse gear. The pink wire must be connected to the vehicle's reverse lamp circuit for automatic video switching. Automatic video switching takes approximately 1.75 seconds. Audio from your music source will continue playing, while the back-up camera is displayed.
IR Remote + SWC: The New York 830 comes supplied with an IR remote control for wireless operation of the navigation receiver. The head unit also features an OEM steering wheel remote control input (3.5mm) that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
3 questions already asked
This will depend largely on which of the non-Bose factory systems came in your vehicle. For details on installation please contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to pull up your vehicle and give you the details on what you will need for an installation. [ Jeff Feb 07, 2014 ] Staff
Yes. This unit will play DVD discs. [ Jeff Jan 27, 2014 ] Staff
It has a button that let's you toggle between modes. Haven't tried voice dialing. I'd be suprised if it does. I installed mine about a month ago. I HATE IT. It feels like it was designed by someone who has never driven a car. [ PeterG Jan 23, 2014 ]
It doesn't look like we have heard back from any other customers. I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor for more information on the specific features of this unit. [ Jeff Dec 23, 2013 ] Staff