In-dash single DVD/CD/MP3 player
Item #: 026DVD61
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $149.99
Building a serious mobile video system? You'll definitely want the Fahrenheit DVD-61 in-dash DVD player to be one of your central components. It features built-in Dolby Digital® and DTS® decoding and outputs a rarity at this price.
This versatile unit plays DVD, CD, and MP3 discs, so you'll have all the entertainment you can handle, no matter how long the trip. It also features rear audio/video RCA outputs, so you can send your audio and video directly to a connected monitor (and set of wireless headphones, if you like).
If you have a double-sized dash, you can install the DVD-61 right below your radio. If not, you can install it in a hidden spot and use the included full-function remote and remote sensor eye (on a 16-foot cable) to control it.
DVDs alone won't keep the kids happy? You can connect a video game console using the set of audio/video inputs on the front panel.
- DVD, CD, MP3, Video CD, Super Video CD, and HDCD compatible
- on-board Dolby Digital and DTS decoding
- front, rear, center, and subwoofer preamp outputs (external amplifiers and appropriate speakers required to get full 5.1 sound)
- mounts in most dash openings (DIN or ISO-DIN)
- includes two mounting brackets with screws for floor- or console-mounting
- plays CD-Rs and CD-RWs
- two sets of audio/video inputs (front and rear) for easy connection of external audio/video sources (video game, camcorder)
- audio/video RCA outputs for connection to your mobile video system
- on-screen display with screen saver
- multiple language menu
- direct track access
- multi angle/view/zoom
- 4 speed scan
- frame by frame and slow motion
- power/ground connector included (must be hardwired to ignition)
- full function wireless remote
- remote sensor eye on 16' cable
- CD frequency response 20-20,000 Hz
- 7-3/16"W x 6-9/16"D x 2-1/4"H
- warranty: 1 year>
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- designed for use with "Region 1" coded DVDs
Farenheit DVD-61 Reviews
What's in the box?
- DVD/CD player
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness (has in-line 1A and 5A fuses)
- JX-8002 wireless remote control
- 1 CR2025 lithium battery (installed)
- 57" A/V cable (has left and right RCA audio connectors and an RCA composite video connector on each end)
- 57" Video cable (has an RCA composite video connector on each end)
- Remote control receiver with attached 9.5' cord
- 2 Metal mounting brackets
- 1 Metal rear support bracket
- 4 Removal keys
- 5 Self-tapping screws
- Four 3/16" machine screws (0.155" diameter)
- Four 3/16" machine screws (0.152" diameter)
- Four 3/16" machine screws (0.192" diameter)
- 1 Rear mounting bolt
- 1 Hex bolt
- 1 Flat washer
- 1 Lock washer
- 4 Lock washers
- 1 Silica gel packet
- Owner's Manual
Add-on DVD Player: This unit does not have a built-in tuner or amplifier. Front right and left channel preamp outputs are provided, allowing you to connect the unit to your amp/speaker system. Up to two monitors can be connected to the RCA composite video outputs.
Disc Compatibility: The DVD-61 is compatible with DVDs, Video CDs, audio CDs, CD-Rs, CD-R/Ws, and MP3 discs.
Remote Eye: The DVD-61 includes an infrared eye with a 9.5' cord, which allows you to operate the player from any remote location in the vehicle.
Video Format: You can select from the following video playback formats: NTSC, PAL, or Multi.
Multi-angle Display: The DVD-61 allows you to choose the viewing angle of scenes that were shot from a number of different angles.
Note: This function is limited to DVDs recorded with multiple camera angles.
Zoom: During DVD playback, the picture may be enlarged 1.5x, 2x, or 3x.
Forward and Backward Search: This unit can perform a fast forward search or fast backward search at four different speeds: 2x, 4x, 6x, and 8x normal speed.
Screen Saver: The screen saver keeps the screen from being damaged if the video image stops or is frozen for a few minutes.
Parental Lock: To restrict playback of discs with adult themes, you can select a parental control rating from 0-8, protected by a 4-digit password.
- Audio/Video Input 1: left and right RCA audio inputs and composite video input
- Remote Sensor: 3.5mm minijack input for the supplied remote eye cable
- Video Output 1: RCA composite video jack
- Video Output 2: RCA composite video jack
- Audio/Video Input 2: left and right RCA audio inputs and composite video input
- Harness: 14-pin jack for use with supplied wiring harness, which includes the front left and right preamp outputs
DTS Compatibility: The manual incorrectly states that the DVD-61 has a built-in DTS decoder. The built-in decoder is only compatible with Dolby Digital-encoded software.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.