Our take on the Denon AVR-S700W
Keep your smartphone handy with this receiver
Your home theater's music capabilities shouldn't be limited to your disc collection. Add digital and streaming music to the mix with the Denon AVR-S700W. With built-in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and AirPlay, this home theater receiver lets you stream tunes wirelessly from your smartphone, tablet, or computer. That's a lot of listening options in addition to the receiver's many physical connections — not to mention its ability to power up to 7.2 channels of rocking home theater fun.
Features for Apple users...
If you've invested at all Apple's ecosystem — whether it be an iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch®, or iTunes® on your computer — the AVR-S700W is a great match for you. Apple AirPlay makes this receiver an instant Apple-friendly receiver, so you can stream your digital tunes from these devices for wireless playback through your home theater speakers. There's also a front-panel USB port for plugging in your iPod, iPhone, or a USB memory device.
...and for everybody else
The 'S700W isn't just for Apple fanatics. DLNA-compatibility lets you stream music from a Windows computer or music server. Plus, you can listen to Pandora, SiriusXM, or free internet radio streams using the receiver's remote and the full-color on-screen guide. If you're a Spotify premium subscriber, use the Spotify app on your smartphone or tablet to stream the popular music service's entire library through your receiver. Whether you're an Apple, Android™, or even a Kindle Fire user, you can control the receiver's primary functions with the free Denon Remote app.
The free Denon Remote app for Apple, Android, and Kindle Fire lets you control the receiver with your smartphone or tablet.
Dual-zone playback for multi-room use
There are outputs for seven speakers on the 'S700's back panel. You can connect all seven speakers in your main listening room for wall-shaking 7-channel home theater sound. Or, you can choose to assign the surround back channels to a second zone. That means you can connect an extra pair of stereo speakers in another room like a kitchen, bedroom, or out on a patio. Then, you can simultaneously listen to music in Zone 2 while a movie plays in 5.2-channel surround sound in the main zone.
Need some setup assistance?
Denon wants you to get this receiver up and running quickly, so you can start enjoying it. That's why they developed their setup assistant. It's a step-by-step guide for connecting your speakers and components. Just follow the easy on-screen instructions and you'll be enjoying your system before you know it. The setup assistant also employs Audyssey's room calibration, which uses an included microphone to optimize your speakers for your room setup. This ensures you get the best possible sound from your system.
Power and Processing:
- 7-channel amplifier
- 75 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding, including Dolby Pro Logic® IIz
- Audyssey "Bronze" speaker calibration and system optimization includes:
- MultEQ® auto setup and room calibration delivers balanced, dynamic sound for as many as six seating positions (microphone included)
- Dynamic Volume anticipates loud sounds to keep volume levels even
- Dynamic EQ improves dialogue, bass response, and surround channel levels at lower volumes
Digital and Streaming Music Options:
- built-in Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, free Internet radio, and music services
- includes support for Pandora, SiriusXM, and free Internet radio streams with vTuner (subscription required for some services)
- Spotify Connect lets you play Spotify's streaming music library through the receiver via your smartphone or tablet (requires Spotify app and a premium subscription)
- Apple AirPlay for streaming music from an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or computer running iTunes
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
- plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer (up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution), including DSD files (2.8 MHz .dsf files)
- DLNA and Windows® 8 certified for streaming music with compatible devices and computers
- front-panel USB input for connecting an iPod, iPhone, or USB memory device
- direct digital connection for iPod or iPhone bypasses the device's digital-to-analog converter for better sound
- Denon's Compressed Audio Restorer improves sound quality of MP3s and other digital music files
- dual-room/dual-source output
- powered stereo outputs for 2nd room allows 5.2-channel sound in main room
- amp assign function lets you use surround back speaker outputs for Zone 2 or Front Height speakers
- no line-level output for 2nd room
- optical/coaxial digital and HDMI audio sources cannot be output to Zone 2
- HDMI 2.0 audio/video switching: 6 in (includes 1 front-panel input), 1 out
- composite video switching: 2 in, 1 out
- digital audio inputs: 2 optical and 1 coaxial
- 2 analog stereo audio inputs
- preamp outputs for two powered subwoofers
- no phono input to connect a turntable you'll need to add a phono preamp
- front-panel USB port for audio playback from USB flash drives and an iPod or iPhone
- Ethernet port for network connection
- outputs for 7 speakers (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R)
- full-sized headphone jack
- 4K/60p and 3D video pass-through
- Setup Assistant guides you through the initial connection process and settings
- HDMI standby pass-through allows HDMI switching without powering up receiver
- intuitive, full-color on-screen guide
- free Denon Remote app lets you use your Apple, Android, or Kindle Fire device as a Wi-Fi remote
- AM/FM tuner
- remote control
- 17-1/8"W x 5-15/16"H x 13-5/16"D
- weight: 18.9 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee