Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
The DRA-295 is your affordable ticket to high-end stereo sound! Denon's Signal Level Divided Construction employs separate circuit blocks for handling low-level and high-level signals. This smart design helps the DRA-295 preserve signal purity and deliver your favorite music with greater fidelity and clarity.
The integrated AM/FM tuner features 40 presets for easy access to all your favorite stations. This receiver gives you inputs for up to 5 components, including composite video switching for 3 of your video sources. Two sets of speaker outputs allow you to enjoy your music in two different rooms simultaneously, and preamp outputs provide a path for future upgrades to your system. You also get easy system control with the included remote.
- 50 watts x 2 (stereo) into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD
- 4-ohm capability allows use with a wide range of speakers
- Signal Level Divided Construction chassis
- 40 AM/FM presets
- 2 audio and 3 A/V (composite video) inputs
- no phono input
- remote control
- front-panel and remote switching for 2 pairs of main speakers
- binding post speaker connectors
- headphone jack
- 17-1/8"W x 5-13/16"H x 16-7/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
Receivers: Your ticket to sensational sound
Your receiver powers your speakers and lets you connect and select your entertainment sources. But a great receiver does a lot more it ignites your emotions. From the passion of a favorite musical artist, to the crossfire of a super-charged movie soundtrack, to the intensity and immersion of a fast-paced video game, your receiver is the key to experiencing and enjoying it in full.
Denon DRA-295 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
clean sound, no phono input, not enough bass thump but decent, fm sensitivity fair but should be better after all this is a Denon product. The price was right!
Pros: clean amp
Cons: no phono input fm reception only average so hook it up to an amplified fm antenna
What's in the box?
- AM/FM/Stereo receiver
- RC-895 Wireless remote control
- 2 "AA" batteries
- 1 FM Antenna adapter
- 1 AM loop antenna
- 1 FM wire antenna
- Operating Instructions (English/French)
- Warranty sheet
- "Denon Service Network" sheet
- Warranty Registration card
Features and Specs
Signal Level Divided Construction Chassis Design: The circuit handling low-level signals has been divided into separate blocks to ensure that influences from these signals on each other are held to an absolute minimum. This new chassis design, known as the Signal Level Divided Construction (SLDC), preserves the purity of the signal, allowing it to be reproduced with much greater fidelity and clarity.
High-Quality Power Amplifier: With 50 watts of power per channel (at 8 ohms, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.08% THD), the DRA-295 delivers solid, reliable audio performance even when driving both A and B speaker systems at the same time.
Room-to-Room Remote Control with Remote In/Out Terminals: External remote control equipment including IR re-transmitters and IR remote receivers, such as Denon's separately available C-616/617S/617W/618 IR devices, can be connected to the DRA-295's IR remote input and output terminals.
Video Select Function: This function allows you to select a video source, and then select an alternate audio input source.
Last Function Memory: This unit is equipped with a last function memory, which stores the input and output setting conditions as they were immediately before the power was switched off.
Back-Up Memory: The unit is also equipped with a back-up memory. This function provides approximately one day of memory storage when the main unit's power switch is off and the power cord is disconnected.
Remote Control: The supplied remote is pre-programmed to control the receiver and compatible Denon cassette players and CD players.
- Phones: Standard headphone jack
- FM Antenna Input: Slip-on
- AM Antenna Inputs:Spring clips
- CD Input: Stereo RCA jacks
- CD-R/Tape Input/Output: Stereo RCA jacks
- DVD/VDP Input: Stereo RCA jacks and RCA composite video jack
- V.Aux Input: Stereo RCA jacks and RCA composite video jack
- VCR Input/Output: Stereo RCA jacks and RCA composite video jacks
- Monitor Output: RCA composite video jack
- Preout: Stereo RCA jacks
- Room to Room In/Out: 2 Mini-jacks for use with compatible Denon components
- Speakers: Binding post outputs for front A and front B speakers (not 5-way, because a plastic collar prevents their use with spade lugs and they are positioned too far apart to be used with dual banana plugs)
- AC Outlets: 2 switched AC outlets, maximum total 120W 1Amp
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.