Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Delphi's Roady XT package combines the Roady XT XM radio with its companion Portable Audio System boombox, for a satellite radio system you can carry just about anywhere.
Delphi's Roady XT plug-and-play satellite radio offers you a sleek, easy way to get XM Radio in your car and at home. The striking display presents plenty of programming information, and the radio's thin profile doesn't take up much space in your car. The Roady XT comes with the accessories you'll need to play it over your car stereo, including a car dock, power adapter, and an antenna. A home kit is also available.
The Roady XT's seven display colors let you tailor its appearance to suit your vehicle's interior decor. A built-in wireless FM transmitter "broadcasts" the XM signal over your vehicle's FM radio, on any unused FM frequency.* Attach an optional XM SureConnect cable from the Roady XT's car dock to your vehicle's antenna to deliver the best possible sound to your system.
The Roady XT docks in the center panel of the Portable Audio System boombox, allowing you to navigate through XM's programming. The boombox comes with an AC power adapter for home use, or pop in six "D" batteries and take it with you to the beach, a picnic, or a tailgate party.
The boombox features volume, bass, and treble controls, along with a headphone jack for private listening. It also features a pair of high-quality speakers, an XM antenna, and a dock for your satellite radio. You can position the antenna for optimum reception, thanks to its 22-1/2 foot cable.
Note: A subscription to XM is also required — learn about XM's programming. Satellite radio service is available only within Canada and the lower 48 states not available in Hawaii or U.S. territories. Portable reception may vary by location. If you have questions about the proposed XM/SIRIUS merger, read the XM Customer Promise. To view this file, you will need the Adobe Acrobat PDF reader.
- package contains Delphi Roady XT satellite radio and Delphi Portable Audio System boombox
- plug-and-play XM satellite radio
- display shows title, artist, and channel information
- seven selectable display colors
- built-in wireless FM transmitter lets you play XM over any FM frequency
- instant access to any of the last six FM frequencies you've used
- TuneSelect saves the names of 20 songs or artists and alerts you when any of them is playing
- 30 channel presets
- car mount
- roof-mount car antenna
- warranty: 1 year
Portable Audio System:
- portable boombox for use with the Roady XT
- center-panel dock
- dual-cone stereo speakers
- volume, bass, and treble controls
- headphone minijack
- antenna with 22.5-foot cable
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Delphi Roady XT Package Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Boombox feels too fragile
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I have no issues so far with the overall performance of this boombox. My concerns for down the road will be how well the boombox holds up with routine handling as I like to take it with me to work daily. The antenna stores neatly away in its own compartment, but it is a chore to wind it up. The plastic cover that conceals the antenna is very cheap and flimsy. The cover seems to be a bit cumbersome to take on and off and it feels like it could break if too much pressure is applied. I also wish there was an auxiliary input.
What's in the box?
- The XM Holiday Bundle contains 2 boxes: the SA10175 RoadyXT XM Satellite Radio tuner and the SA10201 XM Portable Audio System plus a Delphi promotional sheet for XM RoadyXT accessories.
- The RoadyXT package contains:
- Roady XT satellite radio receiver
- Car cradle
- XM magnetic antenna with attached 22.75' cable (terminated into a single SMB connector)
- Antenna rubber plug
- Cassette audio adapter with attached 44" cord (has gold-plated right-angle 3.5mm stereo mini-plug)
- 12V Cigarette lighter power adapter with attached 42" cord
- Car mount with adhesive pad
- Vent mount
- Surface preparation cleaning kit
- Alcohol prep pad
- 2 User Guides (English/Spanish)
- 2 Quick/Install Guides (English/Spanish)
- Attention sheet
- XM Channel Guide
- Sheet concerning activation and accessories
- 2 Ferrite-core noise filters (attached to the outside of the Roady2 package)
- "Important Installation Notice" sheet (attached to the outside of the Roady2 package)
- Vehicle Installation Guidelines (attached to the outside of the Roady2 package)
- The XM Portable Audio System package contains:
- Delphi Portable Audio System
- Roady XT adapter
- XM high-gain home antenna with attached 19.5' cord
- AC power adapter with attached 7.75' cord (Output: 12VDC/1500mA)
- Installation & Operation Guide (English)
- Installation & Operation Guide (French)
Holiday Bundle Overview: The XM Holiday Bundle includes two separately packaged items: the RoadyXT plug-n-play XM Satellite Radio receiver (SA10175) and the Delphi XM Portable Audio System (SA10201). The RoadyXT includes a car cradle, cassette adapter, cigarette lighter power adapter, and a magnetic roof antenna. The Portable Audio System boombox has integrated speakers and comes with a high-gain XM antenna and an AC power adapter. In addition to these items, a subscription to XM Satellite Radio is required.
XM Satellite Radio: XM Satellite Radio programming offers 170 digital radio channels including 69 channels of commercial free music, plus news, sports, talk, comedy, and other entertainment programming from coast to coast. XM also offers instant traffic and weather alerts for 21 major US cities, as well as live sports broadcasts from Major League Baseball, NHL, the PGA tour, Indy car racing and several major college conferences.
Display: While tuned to an XM channel, the display contains the following information: artist name, channel name and number, display mode indicator, category search indicator, signal strength indicator, and keypad mode (Direct, Preset A, or Preset B). The receiver display features seven selectable colors: arctic, ocean, sunset, spearmint, dusk, lime, and orchid. The contrast is also adjustable.
FM Frequency: RoadyXT's internal FM modulator can be used to send the audio to your radio on an unused FM station. You can choose from any frequency between: 88.1 and 107.9 MHz. (In order to optimize the performance of this feature, the XM antenna should be installed near your vehicle's FM antenna.)
Direct Entry: Using the numeric buttons on the face of the receiver, you can directly access XM channels.
Channel Scanning: The RoadyXT can scan through each channel, pausing long enough (approximately 5 seconds) to allow you to hear programming, before moving on to the next channel.
Channel Presets: The receiver can store up to 30 preset channels. They are organized into three different groups, or memory banks: Preset A, Preset B, and Preset C. Each memory bank can store up to 10 channels.
Artist Name and Song Title Memory: You can save the artist's name and song title on the current channel for future reference. Up to 20 different artist names/song titles can be saved at once, after which any new information that is saved will replace the oldest information in memory.
Tune Select: Using this function, you can program the receiver to alert you by beeping and flashing when a favorite song is played again on a channel other than the one you are listening to. You can instantly switch to that channel by pressing the Select button.
Stock Ticker: This feature lets you track up to 20 of your favorite stocks and indices. You can track any stock symbol and most indices listed on the NYSE, NASDAQ, and AMEX. The stock market index information on the RoadyXT is approximately 25 minutes delayed.
Info Extras: XM Satellite Radio broadcasts information such as sports scores and other features at various times. When activated, you can choose whether you want the display to scroll the information from right to left continuously, or in pages one at a time.
Audio Level: You can adjust the receiver's audio level output if it is too high, causing distortion, or too low for your vehicle. The audio level has a range of 1-6, with the default setting at 5.
Auto-On: You have the option of automatically turning on whenever it receives power (Auto-On), or turning the unit on manually every time you want to listen to it.
Auto-Off: You can set the tuner to automatically shut off 60, 120, or 180 minutes after it is turned on.
Car Mounts: The RoadyXT comes with a docking cradle and two car mounts. One has a self-adhesive pad and two screw holes and can be mounted to any flat surface by the adhesive or two screws. The other mount features two clips that can be attached to an air vent. Either car mount attaches to the docking cradle. Note: The antenna, power, and audio output connections are made to the docking cradle.
Optional Home Kit: An optional home kit (040SA10176) is available to enable you to listen to XM Radio in your home. The kit includes a docking station, a remote, audio cables, an antenna and a power supply.
Controls: The RoadyXT has the following front panel controls:
- Power: turns the receiver on or off
- Menu: allows you to select and change receiver configuration options
- Display: toggles between display options
- Up/Down/Select: allows you to move up or down through channel and menu lists and select the highlighted option
- Preset/Direct: switches between Direct Entry, Preset A, Preset Band Preset C
- Memory: saves artist name and song title information on the display screen
- Jump: returns to the previous tuned channel
- Search: lets you quickly change from one channel category to another
- Number Keys: used to select a channel or channel preset directly
Connections: The RoadyXT has the following connections:
- Bottom of Receiver: Proprietary docking connector; contains power, antenna signal, and audio signals. RoadyXT receiver docks to the car cradle.
- Left Side of Docking Cradle:
- Line Out: stereo 3.5mm minijack for use with supplied cassette audio adapter; using an optional audio cable, you can connect the cradle directly to your receiver's auxiliary input (if your receiver has one)
- Right Side of Docking Cradle:
- DC In (5V): jack for use with the supplied cigarette lighter power adapter
- Antenna Connection: single SMB jack for use with supplied antenna; this is a single input that accepts satellite and terrestrial signals, so it is not compatible with antennas, or antenna extensions, that require separate satellite and terrestrial connections
Overview: The Delphi Portable Audio System contains everything you need to take your Roady XT anywhere. For convenient portability, the antenna can be attached to the back of the boombox and the boombox can be powered by six "D" batteries (not included). The Roady XT radio must first be docked in the supplied adapter.
Note: The Audio System can also be used with a Delphi SKYFi2 XM tuner, which docks in the center panel of the Audio System without an adapter.
XM Antenna: The high-gain antenna gives you interior or exterior mounting options, and features a hinged base for flexible positioning. The antenna can be placed on any horizontal surface or mounted vertically to an interior or exterior wall.
Note: It is recommended that the antenna be positioned near a south-facing window or outdoors with a clear view of the southeastern sky in order to receive the satellite signal.
Connections: The Portable Audio System has the following connections:
- Front Panel:
- Receiver Interface Connection: proprietary connector that interfaces with the XM radios
- Headphone: stereo mini-jack output
- Back Panel:
- 12V DC: jack for use with the supplied AC power adapter
- Bottom Panel (inside
- Antenna: proprietary connector for use with supplied XM antenna
- Continuous Average Power
- Nominal: 4 watts x 2
- Limited: 3.5 watts x 2
- Total Harmonic Distortion:
- Nominal: 0.6%
- Limited: 1%
- Frequency Response:
- Nominal: 65Hz-22kHz
- Limited: 70Hz-20kHz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio:
- Nominal: 65dB
- Limited: 60dB
- Car Cradle: W=3.669", H=1.082", D=1.5"
- RoadyXT in Car Cradle: W=3.705", H=3.047", D=1.5"
- Portable Audio System: W=18.125", H=6.976", D=5.699"
- XM Car Antenna: W=1.403", H=0.529", D=1.727"
- XM Home Antenna: W=2.762", H=1.407" (3.661" with the antenna in the upright position), D=3.687"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.