Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
The Chief RSMAU Mini Elite universal mount makes installing a small projector on your ceiling simple. This durable mount has independent pitch, yaw, and roll, so you can orient your projector precisely where it needs to be. Its Microzone Adjustments feature makes it easy to position your projector.
The mount can support up to 25 lbs., and self-adjusts to properly support different projector weights. And you can precisely align your projector with fingertip adjustments.
The mount's quick connect/disconnect lock makes it easy to change the lamp and filter on your projector — and it doesn't affect your preset adjustments. So once you've changed the bulb, you're ready to start watching movies again.
Hollow channels inside the mount keep cables out of sight. With the RSMAU Mini Elite mount, you can have an uncluttered, professional-looking installation.
- supports up to 25 lbs.
- easy fingertip positioning
- mount self-adjusts to support different projector weights
- quick connect/disconnect for easy projector maintenance
- hollow channels to keep cables out of sight
- roll: 3°
- vertical tilt range: 20°
- side-to-side swivel range: 360°
- 5-1/16"W x 4-3/8"H x 1-7/8"D
- warranty: 10 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Chief RSMAU Mini Elite Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
This is a nice mount. The adjustments are easy and gives a perfect image. My only major complaint is with the way the mount attaches to the projector. I had to buy some washer to get the mount to fit snug.
Pros: Great adjustments.
Cons: Not the easiest mount to attach.
What's in the box?
- Base plate bracket
- SSMU plate
- 4 SSMU legs
- RSM assembly
- Installation Instructions (SSBU/SSMU)
- Installation Instructions (RSM A-D)
- Universal Projector Interface Hardware Kit containing:
- 1/4" Hex wrench
- 5/32" Security hex wrench (w/hole in the tip)
- Four 8-32 x 3/8" screws
- Four 8-32 x 1/4" security hex screws
- Four M2.5 x 10mm screws
- Four M3 x 10mm screws
- Four M4 x 10mm screws
- Four M5 x 14mm screws
- Four M6 x 14mm screws
- Four M4 washers
- Four 1/4" Allen nuts (1/4-20 thread)
- Longer Interface Hardware kit including:
- Four M3 x 25mm screws
- Four M4 x 25mm screws
- Four M5 x 25mm screws
- Four M6 x 25mm screws
- Four plastic spacers (1/2"D x 5/8"L)
- All-Points Security Kit containing
- 5/32" Security hex wrench (w/hole in the tip)
- Installation Instructions
Overview: This Chief RSM Mini Elite (model RSMAU) is a locking universal ceiling mount for inverted front projectors. It has the same features as the Chief RPM Elite RPMAU, only a smaller form factor. The mount adjusts in all directions (pitch, roll, and yaw) to give you a perfectly shaped projected picture. It has a quick connect/disconnect feature so you can conveniently remove the projector to change the lamp and filter. The mount maintains its angle, so you won't have to re-aim the projector when it is reattached.
Weight Capacity: The maximum weight to be installed on the mount is 25 pounds. It is recommended that the ceiling's structural members can support a redundant weight factor five times the weight of the equipment you intend to install. If the structure cannot support that amount of weight, the structure must be reinforced before you install the ceiling mount.
Construction: All components of the RSMAU are made of heavy-gauge steel for a secure and long-lasting mount.
Mounting Options: The RSM assembly can be mounted in variety of methods:
- Threaded Pipe: The RSM assembly has 1-1/2" diameter NPT threads to accommodate mounting to an extension pipe.
- Wood Studs: The unit can be attached to wood stud ceiling joists using four 1/4" x 3" lag bolts (not included).
- Concrete: The mount can be attached to concrete using four Toggler A10 Alligator concrete anchors and four 1/4" x 3" lag bolts (not included).
- Threaded Rods: The RSM can be secured to uni-strut, angle, or channel assembly overhead structural members (trusses or I-beams) using four #10-24" diameter threaded rods and nuts (not included)
Main Parts: The RSMAU consists of two main parts:
- RSM Assembly: Mounts to ceiling (see methods above) and includes adjustments for pitch, roll, and yaw.
- SSMU Universal Interface: Mounts to the bottom of the projector with the included legs and hardware. The inverted projector, with interface attached, fits and locks into the bottom of the RSM assembly.
Microzone Adjustments: The patent-pending Microzone technology lets you make fine adjustments easily and quickly using a #2 Phillips screwdriver. The pitch adjustment (setting the height of the projected image) is +/- 15°, the yaw adjustment (setting the left/right position of the projected image) is also +/- 10°, while the roll adjustment (leveling the projected image) is +/-4°.
Note: The total yaw adjustment is 360° for some mounting methods, but the setting can be finely adjusted +/- 20° once the projector is mounted.
Centris Technology: The patent-pending Centris Technology gives you effortless fingertip positioning of the projector. The mount self-adjusts to support different projector weights.
Cable Management: The top of the RSMAU projector mount has a 1-1/2" diameter hole that allows you to easily route cables without additional accessories.
Q-Lock Quick Release Lever: You can easily remove and reinstall the projector for quick maintenance. A simple lever holds the projector to the mount, while the Q-Lock provides enhanced security with an integrated key and lock system. When the projector is removed in this manner, the mounting registration is maintained, preventing you from losing your preset adjustments.
All-Points Security: The Chief RSMAU projector mount utilizes All-Points Security with its exclusive steel-into-steel locking hardware at all connection points to protect against theft. Using the supplied security hex head screws, requiring the use of the supplied security hex wrenches, secures the projector to the mount. Standard screws are also supplied if you choose not to use the special security hex screws.
Supplied Hardware: The RSMAU can accommodate a variety of projector mounting patterns and screw sizes. The mounting legs allows the SSMU plate to cover an area approximately 14.5" in diameter. The RSMAU comes with M3, M4, M5, and M6 mounting hardware in short (10-14mm) and long (25mm) lengths.
Required Tools: You will need the following tools to install the RSMAU ceiling mount:
- #2 Phillips Screwdriver
- Hex Wrenches: Supplied 1/4" standard and 3/8" Security Hex wrenches
- Other: Other tools, such as open end wrenches, hammer, drill and bit, may be needed depending upon the method of installation
- RSM Assembly: Width=5.07", Height=1.83", Depth=4.37"
- SSMU Plate: Width=6.25", Height=0.885", Depth=5.875" (w/legs 16.5"W x 1.875"H x 16.25")
- SSMU Base Plate: Width=6.625", Height=0.4375", Depth=6.25"
- RSMAU Assembled: Width=16.5", Height=3.25", Depth=16.25"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
I forwarded your question to an Advisor and they responded with the following: Yes, this mount will fit for the Epson 3020. If you would like to discuss further you can contact an Advisor directly by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. [ Krissy Jun 10, 2014 ] Staff