Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
The 37" 37HLV66 is so versatile. Its screen is big enough to command your attention in a home theater setup, yet it's compact enough to be a terrific bedroom TV. It has a built-in tuner for reception of digital and analog over-the-air broadcasts, plus a built-in DVD player. The high-res screen gives you a clear window into the pinpoint detail and rich colors of high-definition programs and DVD movies. With a DVD player built into the TV, the 37HLV66 saves space and reduces cable clutter.
The slot-loading DVD player can also play regular music CDs, plus MP3 discs. Built-in speakers below the screen provide sound that's adequate for casual listening, and whenever you want to crank up the volume, just connect the TV's audio output to your stereo system.
An array of inputs makes it easy to expand your viewing options by plugging in a VCR or videogame console. With both component video and HDMI jacks, the 37HLV66 won't be left behind as new video gear becomes available. There's also a PC input so the 37HLV66 can pull double duty as a computer monitor. Both TV and DVD controls are at the tips of your fingers thanks to the well-laid-out remote control.
- 37" widescreen HDTV (16:9 aspect ratio)
- built-in digital (ATSC) and analog (NTSC) tuners for over-the-air TV broadcasts (antenna required)
- built-in QAM cable TV tuner receives unscrambled programs without a set-top box (cable service required)
- 1366 x 768 pixels
- 8-millisecond pixel response time
- 1000:1 contrast ratio
- 176°(H) x 176°(V) viewing angle
- PixelPure Hi-Bit 12-bit digital video processing (upconverts non-HD signals)
- adjustable backlight for contrast/brightness control
- built-in stereo speakers (10 watts x 2)
- multibrand remote control with glow-in-the-dark buttons
- picture settings memory for each video input
- 5 A/V inputs, including:
- 2 composite video (1 rear, 1 side)
- 1 S-video
- 2 component video (accepts 1080i/720p/480p/480i signals)
- 1 HDMI digital audio/video input
- PC input: analog RGB (D-Sub 15-pin)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output for Dolby® Digital
- THINC (Toshiba Home Interactive Network Connection) Ethernet port for accessing music files and digital photos stored on a compatible PC
- Energy Star® compliant
- detachable stand (stand "footprint" is 14-5/8"W x 11-3/8"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 36"W x 25"H x 4-3/4"D (27-1/8"H x 11-3/8"D on stand)
- weight: 58 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor in-home service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- Note: If placing TV in an enclosed cabinet, be sure there is enough space on the side for loading and unloading discs
- plays DVD-Video, DVD-R & DVD-RW, and Video CD
- plays CD, CD-R & CD-RW, and MP3 CD-R & CD-RW
- DVD video upconverted to 720p
- optical digital audio output for Dolby Digital/DTS®/PCM
- designed for use with "Region 1" coded DVDs
Toshiba 37HLV66 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Out of box satisfacton!!
Wonderful! After comparing many models and speaking with numerous salepersons and owners, this by far is the best bang for the buck! It was so easy to set up. Open box, plug in, turn on! I would recommend this product to ANYONE!!
Great LCD Set At A Great Price
Have had the set for less than a week but am amazed at the out of the box performance of the REGZA 37LCD. Running with DirecTV's new HD DVR, the HD picture is absolutely great, I think equaling Sony's high end XBR LCDs. The picture quality with non-HD signals is the best I have seen with any LCD set. The menu system is great, simple and intuitive, with a huge range of controlable settings. The only down side is the set doesn't have a swiveling base so getting to the built in DVD player is difficult if the set is in an entertainment center cabinet. The up side on the DVD is very good performance with all DVDs. A great LCD set and reasonably priced.
What's in the box?
- 37" Widescreen LCD TV/DVD Player
- CT-90259 wireless remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 1 Cable clamp
- Operating guide (English/French)
- Installation guide (English/French)
- Product Registration Card
Features and Specs
HDTV Tuner: The TV has built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Digital Cable (QAM) tuners, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals.
PixelPure Hi-Bit Digital Video Processing: Toshiba's PixelPure video processing system uses a 12-bit video DAC and constantly monitors changes in signal quality, content, and movement to enhance sharpness, contrast, and color reproduction.
Native Resolution: The 32HLV66 displays all inputs at a resolution of 1366 x 768. The HDMI and component video inputs will accept 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals.
CableClear DNR: Designed to optimize poor NTSC signals from antenna or cable, this noise reduction system eliminates video noise ("snow") for a clean crisp image. This system detects the quality of the incoming video signal, and automatically applies the needed amount of video optimization.
THINC (Toshiba Home Interactive Network Connection): There is an RJ-45 Ethernet port on the back of the TV which can be integrated with your home network. Through the network you can access MP3 audio and JPEG picture files stored on your computer (Windows 2000 or XP required) and play them on the TV and connected audio system.
Channel Browser: The Channel Browser allows you to browse and view channels by storing your recently viewed channels in channel history. You can surf back to channels you viewed prior to your current channel, and surf forward from previous channels up to your current channel. Up to 32 previously viewed channels can be stored in history. You can set a Home source for an Ant 1 channel or TV input.
Favorite Channels: This feature allows you to store 9 of your favorite channels, then scan through just those nine.
SurfLock: The SurfLock feature temporarily memorizes one channel under the Channel Return button, so you can return to that channel quickly from any other channel.
Picture Size: When viewing a source, you can choose one of the following picture sizes:
- Natural: image is displayed close to its originally formatted proportion
- Theater Wide 1: the picture is non-uniformly enlarged; the center of the picture remains close to its true proportion, but the left and right edges are stretched wider to fill the screen, used primarily with a 4:3 source
- Theater Wide 2: entire picture is uniformly enlarged, used primarily with a widescreen source
- Theater Wide 3: picture is non-uniformly enlarged; the picture is stretched wider to fill the width of the screen and stretched slightly taller
- Full: mainly
designed for receiving a squeezed 4:3 signal (a 16:9 programs squeezed into
a 4:3 transmission), the picture is stretched wider to
fill the screen, but not taller, none of the picture is
- Note: Full cannot be used with 1080i and 720p signals.
Picture Modes: You can select one of the following picture modes for each input:
- Sports: bright and dynamic picture
- Standard: standard picture setting
- Movie: lower contrast for a darkened room
- Preference: allows you to adjust and store contrast, back light, brightness, color, tint, and sharpness
Game Mode: When playing a video game requiring split-second timing (high-action games, music creation, etc.), the Game Mode shortens the frame delays between the on-screen display and the input from the controller. Note: The Game Mode can only be used on the Video 1, Video 2, ColorStream HD1, ColorStream HD2, or HDMI inputs.
MPEG Noise Reduction: The MPEG noise reduction feature allows you to reduce visible interference caused by MPEG compression. You can choose High, Medium, Low, or Off.
Dynamic Contrast: When dynamic contrast is set to On, the TV will detect when changes in picture quality that affect the appearance of your contrast settings and adjust the video automatically.
Stable Sound: When the signal source is changed, this feature limits the highest volume level to prevent extreme changes in volume.
SRS WOW: WOW is a special combination of SRS Labs audio technologies that creates a surround sound experience with deep, rich bass from stereo sound sources, making the TV audio sound fuller, richer, and wider. WOW consists of these three features:
- SRS 3D: turns on/off the surround sound effect
- FOCUS: turns on/off the vocal emphasis effect
- TruBass: selects the desired bass expansion level (High, Low, or Off)
Sleep Timer: The sleep timer switches the television off after a specified amount of time. The sleep timer can be adjusted from 10 minutes to 3 hours in 10-minute increments.
Input Label: You can label each input according to the connected source. The list of available labels is set; Cable, DTV, Satellite/DSS, VCR, Laser Disc, DVD, HD DVD, Audio Receiver, Compact Disc, Video Recorder, Game Console, Hide (so you don't have to toggle through an input you're not using), and the default label is blank.
Disc Compatibility: The built-in DVD player is compatible with DVDs, DVD-R/RWs, Video CDs, audio CDs, and CD-R/RWs (with CD-DA, MP3, and JPEG recordings).
MP3 Playback: This unit will play MP3 audio files recorded onto CD-R and CD-RW discs using the ISO 9660 format.
JPEG Playback: This unit will play JPEG files recorded onto CD-R and CD-RW discs using the ISO 9660 format. You can view one image at a time, or you can play all the images in a slide show.
Multi-Angle Display: This function allows you to choose the viewing angle of scenes that were shot from a number of different angles.
Note: This function is limited to DVDs recorded with multiple camera angles.
Fast Reverse/Forward: With a DVDyou can choose a search speed of 2x-64x in either direction. When playing a Video CD you can choose a search speed of 2x-16x in either direction.
Slow Motion: When playing a DVD you can choose slow motion playback speeds from 1/8x to 1/2x. VCDs can play as slow as 1/3x normal speed.
Frame Advance: When video is paused, you can then advance one frame at a time.
Resume Play: The resume feature allows you to resume playback of a disc from the point where you last stopped. The stopping point is cleared when the Stop button is pressed more than once or the disc is ejected.
Detachable Stand: The TV comes mounted on the stand for easy placement on top of a counter or table.
Wall Mounting: The TV also has 4 threaded inserts on the back for use with an optional wall-mount bracket. The spacing of the mounting holes is VESA 200 (200mm x 200mm), in accordance with the industry standards set by the Video Electronics Standards Association. The threaded inserts require M6 (6mm) machine screws.
Multi-brand Remote: The supplied remote is pre-programmed to operate this unit and a number of functions on many other brand components; including cable boxes, satellite receivers, DVD players (including portables), VCRs, DVD/VCR combos, HTIBs (Home Theater In a Box), and TV/VCR combos. The remote buttons glow in the dark.
HDMI Input: This input consists of a single HDMI jack. The HDMI jack can accommodate a copy-protected digital connection (HDCP) from other devices (such as digital set-top boxes) that have compatible interfaces. The HDMI jack is compliant with the EIA/CEA-861/861B standard and is not intended for use with personal computers. If you want to connect a DVI-compatible device, you will need an HDMI-to-DVI adapter cable. Since DVI does not carry audio signals, a stereo audio input is provided for the HDMI input. In addition to the HDMI-to-DVI adapter cable, you will also need stereo audio cables.
Note: The HDMI jack will accept 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals.
RGB/PC Input: This connection allows you to view the image of a personal computer on the TV screen. When connecting the PC to the TV, you will need a 15-pin RGB computer cable and a PC audio cable.
Component Video Inputs: The two ColorStream HD Component video inputs will accept 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals.
Digital Audio Output: An optical digital output is provided to allow you to connect the unit to a surround processor. The format can be set to Dolby Digital or PCM.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.