Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Not too big and not too small, Toshiba's 42-inch 42SL417U is just right for lots of rooms. It makes all your video sources look their best, with crisp LED backlighting and 120Hz blur reduction to clear up high-speed on-screen action. You can connect a handful of high-definition video sources and see them displayed with stunning clarity and rich colors. And if your Internet viewing has been limited to your computer monitor, this Toshiba will give you a much bigger, brighter view.
Connect to the Internet wirelessly if you want
The 42SL417U also comes with Toshiba's Net TV, which lets you access several online services and handy web apps from Yahoo! widgets. You can choose from a selection of entertaining options: streaming video from Netflix® and Amazon® Video On Demand, social networking apps like Facebook® and Twitter®, and more. And Toshiba simplifies your hookup by including built-in Wi-Fi®. Getting this TV up and running with your wireless network is easy. Plus, with voice control capability, you can access certain functions without a remote.
- 42" screen (measured diagonally)
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- QAM cable TV tuner receives unscrambled programs without a set-top box (cable service required)
- ClearFrame 120Hz blur reduction for clear video motion
- Internet-ready with Yahoo! widgets gives you access to a number of media streaming and social networking services (broadband service required)
- built-in Wi-Fi® to link to a wireless network
- video and music streaming from a DLNA-compatible Windows® PC
- Gaming Mode reduces controller delay
- voice control capability also allows Internet video calling with Skype® services (optional camera may be required)
- built-in stereo speakers (10 watts x 2) with Audyssey EQ to equalize sound for the entire room
- multibrand remote control
- simplified control of compatible Toshiba components via the HDMI connection (HDMI-CEC)
Connections and Dimensions:
- 6 A/V inputs, including:
- 1 composite video
- 1 component video (selectable component/composite)
- 4 HDMI v1.4
- PC input
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output
- stereo minijack output for connecting a sound bar or home stereo system
- Ethernet port for a high-speed connection to a home network
- 2 USB ports for photo/video/music playback
- detachable swivel stand (stand "footprint" is 19-3/4"W x 11-3/8"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 39"W x 24"H x 1-3/8"D (26-5/8"H x 11-3/8"D with stand)
- weight: 45.2 lbs. with stand
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor in-home service or pick-up for service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Why choose an LED-LCD TV?
Reason #1: Awesome picture quality. The LED backlights in these higher-end LCD TVs can give you better picture contrast and more lifelike colors than sets with typical fluorescent backlighting. Reason #2: They're more energy-efficient than plasma or regular LCD TVs, helping you lower your monthly electric bill and helping the environment.
Toshiba 42SL417U Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Good price, Nice picture, TERRIBLE Sound
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Loved the price, was in great shape for a "scratch and dent" you would never know it, the picture is nice...however the sound is terrible it will require external speakers of some sort.
Pros: Picture, Price
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
The picture is amazing.
Pros: It looks good and performs really well.
Cons: Nobody told me how to get to the HD version of stations.
Quality Product, Fair Price!
Television was easy to set up. Had Netflix up and running over wifi in minutes.
Picture is clear and crisp, tiny amount of light bleed on pure black screen, but have not noticed it on any of the content I have viewed yet. Has a superb viewing angle.
Used built in speakers to test their functionality, they are of average quality. I would say for casual watching they are adequate. I choose to use the digital optical to an amplifier to use the web apps.
The built in apps provide great functionality although the webtv application itself seems to not flow very well and has considerable lag while rotating through the list of available applications.
The set itself is thin, and as a package I would say it is very aesthetically pleasing. The base feels solid and the on-set buttons are easy to press. I would say the remote, while providing plenty of functionally, it's physical shape seems awkward.
I am so far very impressed and glad that I made this purchase. Also, at this price with built in wifi and web applications it feels like a steal.
P.S. If you will buy this TV I suggest you have to compare prices before you decide at: www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B004MF7ATS/oscdiscount-20
I've had this TV for a week now. I helped my parents find this one based on Crutchfield's experience and the price point. The main reason I didn't give it 5 stars is the sound quality. I have not experienced TVs this thin before and I now understand that's a commonality with this new thinner generation. Fortunately, we have a stereo that can be turned on when we need a more full sound. Currently the sound is week and sounds hallow. We have this TV in a cabinet which may contribute to the poor quality. Besides the sound I would recommend this TV to anybody. It has everything but 3D but there isn't a good reason to want 3D at this time. I connected the TV to our wifi network with 3 steps. I was able to search YouTube videos and my Twitter account. The Netflix interface was poorly done when compared to AppleTV's version. I don't think I'll use the Yahoo widgets because they are slow and I'd honestly prefer using my iPhone than interupt my program. I also use our DirecTV remote only which doesn't have the same button features. Vudu seems great but I have not tried it yet. Hopefully Toshiba can use the software upgrade feature to enhance their user interface further down the road. This TV is amazingly thin and can be maneuvered by 1 person if need be. There enough inputs for any normal user with a BD Player, Satellite Receiver and Receiver. No complaints yet and I look forward to all the HD shows and sports coming up in the future. Great buy from Crutchfield!!
What's in the box?
- 42" LED-LCD TV
- Pedestal base
- Pedestal neck
- Wireless remote control (CT-90366)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- 7" Component video adapter cable (with a male 3.5mm component video connector on one end and female RCA component video connectors on other end)
- Two 7" AV adapter cables (with a male 3.5mm AV connector on one end and female composite video/stereo RCA connectors on other end)
- Seven 5mm x 11mm machine screws (with lock-/flat-washers attached)
- Four 6mm x 20mm machine screws (with lock-/flat-washers attached)
- 4 Metal spacers
- Securement clip
- 2 Cable clamps
- 3/4" Self-tapping screw
- Quick Setup Guide (Eng/Spa)
- HDTV Quick Setup Guide
- Stand Assembly Instructions
- Customer Support note
- Netflix brochure
- Vudu brochure
- Blockbuster brochure
- Energy Guide Sticker
Features and Specs
Cinespeed LCD Panel: This special LCD panel is rated for an eight-millisecond or less response time, which delivers better high-speed video.
Edge LED Backlight: The Toshiba SL417U TV utilizes LED edge-backlighting for a clear, crisper image with better contrast and color. You will experience a superior picture and higher contrast ratio with Edge LED backlight technology, producing brighter whites and deeper blacks than traditional CCFL backlight LCD televisions. Edge LED Backlight technology, also allows televisions to be slimmer, brighter, and more energy efficient.
DynaLight Backlight Control: DynaLight Backlighting Control automatically adjusts the backlight intensity based on the image content. It constantly monitors the brightness level of each video frame, even in low light settings. As a result, you see increased detail and greater depth of images.
14-Bit Video Processor: The Toshiba LED-LCD TV employs a 14-bit digital video processor that serves up over 4,000 levels of gradation - 16x that of standard 8-bit video processing systems.
ClearFrame 120Hz: This advanced system virtually eliminates motion blur without decreasing image brightness, or adding flicker. Images are now crisp and clear regardless of image motion. ClearFrame 120Hz doubles the video frames from 60 per second to 120 per second to reduce any motion blur that could be caused by fast action video. ClearFrame utilizes superior Motion Vector Frame Interpolation (MVFI) technology. Utilizing the power of the TV's 14-bit video processor, MVFI creates new frames, inserting them between the original frames.
HDTV Tuner: The TV has built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Digital Cable (QAM) tuners, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals.
1080p Resolution: Some video content is in high-definition (HD), but some is still in standard-definition (SD). The Toshiba LED-LCD HDTV will upconvert and enhance 480i, 480p, and even 720p content to create a sharper, more detailed picture (up to 1080p). As a result, all of your standard DVDs, SD TV channels, camcorder videos, and even SD video games will look like HD. The Toshiba LED-LCD TV will display all inputs at a resolution of 1080p (1920 x 1080).
Video Inputs: The Toshiba SL417U TV provides High Definition (HDMI/component) and Standard Definition (composite) video inputs.
- 4 HDMI (v.1.4) Inputs: The television features four HDMI (v.1.4) inputs. The HDMI inputs will accept 1080p (24/60Hz), 1080i, 720p, 480p, 480i, video signals. If you want to connect a DVI-compatible device, you will need an HDMI-to-DVI adapter cable. Since DVI does not carry audio signals, a stereo audio 3.5mm input is provided for the HDMI 4 input (shared with PC input). In addition to the HDMI-to-DVI adapter cable, you will also need a stereo audio 3.5mm cable.
- Component Video Input: The ColorStream HD Component video input will accept 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals. This component video input consists of a female 3.5mm minijack and includes minijack-to-RCA component video adapter. The television's 3.5mm PC audio input can be configured as a component audio/video input (adapter available through Toshiba).
- 2 Composite Video Inputs: The television also features two composite video inputs (480i only) with audio. Each composite video input consists of a female 3.5mm AV jack and includes a minijack-to-RCA composite video adapter.
Note: The television composite video 1 input shares its audio signal with the TV's component video input. You can only connect one or the other.
Picture Size: When viewing a source, you can choose one of the following picture sizes:
- Native: Displays the 3% to 5% of the image that is generally lost during the normal over-scanning that is done in most TVs. If receiving a 480i (HDMI), 480p (HDMI), 720p, 1080i, or 1080p signal program, the video is scaled to display the entire picture within the border of the screen. None of the picture will be lost. As a result, it eliminates unnecessary scaling of Full HD signals that can reduce overall image resolution and therefore picture quality.
- Normal: Image is displayed close to its originally formatted proportion, with black bars along the sides or top and bottom if the signal has an aspect ratio different than the TV.
- Full: Mainly designed for receiving a squeezed 4:3 signal (a 16:9 [480i, 480p] programs squeezed into a 4:3 transmission), the picture is stretched wider to fill the screen, but not taller, none of the picture is hidden.
- TheaterWide 1: The picture is non-uniformly enlarged; the center of the picture remains close to its true. proportion, but the left and right edges are stretched wider to fill the screen, used primarily with a 4:3 source.
- TheaterWide 2: Entire picture is uniformly enlarged, used primarily with a widescreen source.
- TheaterWide 3: Picture is non-uniformly enlarged; the picture is stretched wider to fill the width of the screen and stretched slightly taller.
- 4:3: Provides a 4:3 aspect ratio of a 720p, 1080i or 1080p signal; sidebars fill the empty vertical spaces while not distorting the picture from its original size.
- 4:3 Stretch: Converts 4:3 programs to fill the screen.
- Dot-by-Dot: Non-scaling display for VGA, SVGA, XGA, WXGA and SXGA sources only.
Note: If the edges of the picture are cut off in Theater Wide 2 or 3 mode, you can adjust the image position on the screen.
Auto Aspect Ratio: The Auto Aspect Ratio feature will automatically select the picture size when one of the following inputs sources is received - a 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i signal from the ANT/Cable input; a 480i signal from the Component Video input, and a 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, or VGA (60 Hz) signal from any of the HDMI inputs. When the auto aspect feature is turned on and the TV receives one of the before mentioned video signal, the picture size is automatically selected; a 4:3 signal is set to Normal, a 16:9 signal is set to Full, a 4:3 letterbox signal is set to TheaterWide 2. If the signal's aspect is not defined, the Picture Size defaults to the last manually chosen setting.
Picture Modes: You can select one of the following picture modes for each input:
- AutoView: By combining an ambient room light sensor and incoming video content monitoring, AutoView automatically sets most of the television's picture parameters for you. AutoView uses an external light sensor to automatically adjust various picture quality settings based on the amount of ambient room lighting and the type of video content you are watching for an improved viewing experience.
- Sports: Bright and dynamic picture.
- Standard: Standard picture setting.
- Movie 1/2: Lower contrast for a darkened rooms.
- Game: Designed for playing a video game requiring split-second timing between the on-screen display and input from the controller.
- PC: Designed for viewing tables/documents from a PC.
Picture Quality Adjustments: The picture quality you adjust under a certain picture mode is saved to that particular picture mode. You can adjust the backlight, contrast, brightness, color, tint, and sharpness.
Advanced Picture Adjustments: The television offers the following advanced picture adjustments.
- Edge Enhancer: The Edge Enhancer feature lets you adjust the levels for your desired picture settings and achieve a sharper picture.
- Dynamic Contrast: Dynamic Contrast detects changes in the picture quality that affect the appearance of your contrast settings and then automatically adjust the video. The adjustment range is from 0 to 10.
- Backlight Adjustment Pro: This feature adjusts the backlight so that it can change to match the ambient light conditions.
- Static Gamma: The Static Gamma feature lets you adjust the levels of black in the picture.
- Film Stabilization: This feature helps to eliminate the video shaking.
- MPEG Noise Reduction: The MPEG noise reduction feature allows you to reduce visible interference caused by MPEG compression. You can choose High, Medium, Low, or Off.
- DNR: DNR enables you to "soften" the screen representation of a weak signal to reduce the noise effect.
- Color Temperature: You can change the quality of the picture by selecting from three preset color temperatures - Cool (bluish), Medium (neutral), or Warm (reddish). You can also adjust the levels of greens and blues in each preset temperature.
- ColorMaster: The ColorMaster feature adjusts hue, saturation, and color brightness of six different colors (Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Magenta, Cyan) to create picture quality your way. This provides deep, natural colors for increased depth and realism.
Expert Picture Setting: This feature is available when the TV's picture mode is set to Standard, Movie 1, or Movie 2. You can make the following expert picture adjustments.
- Test Pattern: When the test pattern is on screen, you can navigate the Picture submenus without removing the image. When you move to a no-Picture menu, or close the menus, regular video will be restored. Not available in 3D mode.
- RGB Filter: This feature individually enables or disable the red, green, and blue components of the picture to allow for more accurate adjustment of each color. It is not possible to turn off all three colors simultaneously.
- White Balance: This feature displays a Window Pattern to adjust the white balance with a measure device.
TheaterLock: The TheaterLock feature lets you lock items in the TV's Picture menu that affects the picture's display, to prevent them from being accidentally changed.
ARC (Audio Return Channel): The ARC feature of HDMI (ver.1.4) enables the audio signal of the TV to be sent to your connected AV receiver via the TV's HDMI ARC input and the receiver's Monitor output, using a single HDMI cable. In this case, it will not be necessary to connect an additional cable from the audio output of the TV to the audio input of the AV amplifier to reproduce the audio received from the TV through the AV amplifier. ARC allows audio from the TV tuner, Network connection, inserted USB device, HDMI inputs, or any analog connected device to be heard through your ARC compatible AV receiver via the television's HDMI ARC input. The audio from the TV's tuner, network connection, and HDMI inputs can pass as Dolby Digital or 2ch PCM. USB and analog connected devices will be output as 2ch PCM only.
Note: Both the television and the receiver must support ARC for this function to work properly. When connecting an A/V receiver that is compatible with Audio Return Channel (ARC), connect it to the TV's HDMI 1 input. If connecting a system that is incompatible Audio Return Channel (ARC), an additional audio connection via Digital Audio Out (Optical) is necessary.
Audyssey Dynamic Volume: Audyssey Dynamic Volume eliminates inconsistent TV volume when changing channels or viewing commercials. This feature provides a consistent sound volume between televisions programs, commercials, and between the loud and soft passages of movies.
Surround Sound: Voice Enhancement and Dynamic Bass Boost help to create a virtual surround sound experience with deep, rich bass from stereo sound sources. The TV's audio will sound fuller, richer, and wider.
- Voice Enhancement: Emphasizes vocal effects.
- Dynamic Bass Boost: Bass expansion levels can be set to Low or High.
Dolby Digital Dynamic Range Control: You can further compress Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus dynamic range so you can switch from digital to analog broadcasts at the same dynamic range.
Two-level Mute: The TV mutes the volume half-way when the Mute button is pressed once on the remote; when pressed a second time the TV will mute the volume completely and when pressed a third time the volume will resume as normal.
Audio Outputs: The Toshiba SL417U LED-LCD TV is equipped with an analog (3.5mm) and digital (optical) audio output.
- Analog Audio Output (fixed): The 3.5mm analog audio output lets you output the televisions stereo audio to your home stereo system. The TV's analog audio output terminal will output 2ch audio from any of the television's source inputs.
- Digital Audio Output: The optical digital output on the rear-panel will output Dolby Digital (when available) or 2 channel PCM. The digital optical output terminal only sends an audio signal in Dolby Digital when you receive Dolby Digital Surround Sound from a digital broadcast channel through the TV tuner or Toshiba's Net TV. The optical digital audio output will only output in 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, RCA, or USB.
PC Compatible: This unit's PC (RGB) input allows you to view the image from a personal computer on the TV screen. When connecting the PC to the TV, you will need a 15-pin D-sub RGB computer cable and a 3.5mm audio cable. The PC input shares the stereo audio 3.5mm input with the television's HDMI 4 input. Supported signal formats include VGA, SVGA, XGA, WXGA, and SXGA.
Note: You can also connect the TV to your PC via any HDMI input. Supported signal formats include - VGA, SVGA, XGA, WXGA, SXGA, 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, an 1080p.
Media Player: The TV allows you to enjoy movie, photo, and music files stored on a USB device formatted in FAT 12/16/32. The television is equipped with two USB (type-A) ports. The dual USB ports support USB Mass Storage Class devices (MSC).
- Movie Playback: The Toshiba LED-LCD TV supports playback of movie files stored on USB MSC devices. The TV supports MPEG2, MPEG4, and AVCHD (H.264) video formats. The television can recognize up to 1,000 movie files per folder. You can control basic playback functions, such as Play, Pause, Stop, Fast Forward, Reverse, Previous, & Skip.
- Photo Playback: The Toshiba LED-LCD TV supports the
playback of JPEG still images (ver2.2) stored on a USB MSC device. JPEG images can have a maximum photo resolution of 4096 x 4096
pixels (best photo resolution: 1920 x 1080) and a maximum photo size of 9MB.
The TV can recognize up to 2,000 photo files per folder. There are three
types of photo view modes - Multi-View, Single View, and Slide Show.
- Multi-View: This view allows you to search for photos in a grid format. These picture are displayed using thumbnail data in each image file.
- Single View: In this view mode, only files located in the selected directory shall be displayed. This view allows you to change the photo content manually. You can rotate an image 90-degrees clockwise or counterclockwise.
- Slide Show: This view allows you to watch a slideshow of your photos (with or without background music). In this mode, only the files located in the selected directory will be played.
- Music Playback: The TV allows you to listen to music from a list of available files on your connected USB MSC device. The LED-LCD TV supports playback of MP3, AAC, and LPCM music files with a bit-rate of 32-320 kbps in one of the following sampling frequencies (32, 44.1, or 48 kHz). The TV can recognize up to 1,000 music files per folder. The television provides basic playback functions of your music, as well as file & folder browsing.
Network Connection (wired/wireless): The Toshiba SL417U LED-LCD TV features an Ethernet port and built-in WiFi to connect to your wired or wireless home network. Either network connection gives you access to your PC's movie/photo/music files and Toshiba's NT TV online service.
Note: The TV's built-in WiFi is based on the IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n specifications and operates on a 2.4 or 5.0GHz frequency range. Its supports WEP64/128, TKIP, AES, WPA/WPA2-PSK, and WPS security formats.
DLNA Certified Network Connection: The Toshiba LED-LCD TV lets you play movie, photo, and music files on your PC by connecting the television to your home network via a wired (LAN) or wireless (Wi-Fi) connection. The Toshiba SL417U LED-LCD TV features an Ethernet (LAN) port and includes built-in Wi-Fi for connecting the television to your home network. You can use this home network connection to access MPEG2 movie, JPEG still-image, and MP3/LPCM music files stored on your DLNA certified server, such as a Windows PC and play them on the TV. The television supports the following specific file formats via a DLNA network connection.
- MPEG2 Movies: You can access up to 1,000 MPEG2 movie files per a single folder from a DLNA certified server or Windows 7 PC.
- JPEG Photos: You can access up to 2,000 JPEG still-image files per a single folder (with a resolution of 4096 x 4096) from a DLNA certified server or Windows 7 PC.
- MP3/LPCM Music: You can access up to 1,000 MP3 (32-320kbps) or LPCM music files per a single folder from a DLNA certified server or Windows 7 PC.
Photo Frame: This feature allows you to store and display a photo file (JPEG) on the TV. The photo file can be a JPEG still image from a USB MSC device or DLNA server.
Net TV: The TV's Ethernet port or built-in Wi-Fi lets you connect to Toshiba's proprietary Net TV online service through your home network connection. Net TV includes a wide variety of online applications and services. Net TV offers the following internet-based content (as of April 2011).
- Blockbuster: Blockbuster Online gives you the convenience of renting movies online and the ability to exchange them in-store. When you're finished watching a DVD, you can return it by mail or exchange it for a movie rentals or discounted game rentals at participating Blockbuster stores. Blockbuster's online DVD library has more than 95,000 titles, and it's growing every week. Subscription plans starting at $11.99.
- CinemaNow: CinemNow is a digital entertainment service that offers instant access to an extensive online library of premium video content for rental or purchase, including new release movies and TV shows, with no subscription required. Rentals starting at $3.99.
- Netflix: With more than 20 million members in the United States and Canada, Netflix is the world's leading Internet subscription service for enjoying movies and TV shows. For $7.99 a month, Netflix members can instantly watch unlimited movies and TV episodes streamed over the Internet.
- Vudu: VUDU has the most HD titles on demand and more are added every week. VUDU delivers a cinema-like experience at home with HDX, featuring stunning 1080p True Digital and rich Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 surround sound. VUDU is available without a monthly subscription or contract. There are no late fees, plus thousands of movies are available to rent for just $2 for two nights.
- YouTube: YouTube allows billions of people to discover, watch and share originally-created videos. YouTube provides a forum for people to connect, inform, and inspire others across the globe and acts as a distribution platform for original content creators and advertisers large and small.
- Pandora: With Pandora you can explore a vast collection of Internet Radio music, for Free. Simply enter the name of one of your favorite songs, artists, or genres into Pandora and it will create a custom Internet Radio station just for you. You can create up to 100 unique Internet Radio stations.
- Flickr: Flickr provides you with an easy solution to store, sort, search and share your photos online. Flickr helps you organize your huge collection of photos and offers a way for you and your friends and family to tell stories about them. A free version of Flickr is available. Flickr Pro account costs $24.95 per year.
Note: Some online services may not be available in your area. Net TV's online content may change without notice.
Yahoo! TV Widgets: Yahoo! TV Widgets provide an integrated Internet and TV experience powered by the Yahoo! Connected TV platform. The Toshiba LED-LCD television offers the following Yahoo! TV Widgets.
- News: The Yahoo! News Widget provides the latest headline news for business, entertainment, politics, sports, top stories, and many other categories.
- Weather: The Yahoo! Weather Widget provides updates on your local and favorite weather locations.
- Finance: The Yahoo! Finance Widget lets you track your stocks and stay current with financial news.
Software Upgrades: Toshiba may offer upgrades for the TV's software in the future. The TV's software is upgraded via the network connection. Go to Support.Toshiba.com for current firmware/software updates.
Channel Browser: The TV's Channel Browser provides an easy navigation interface for all your channels and inputs. This feature allows you to navigate the contents of all your inputs, keeps a list of your favorite channels, and keep a history of the last 32 channels or inputs viewed.
Favorite Browser: The Favorite Browser allows you to quickly set up a favorite channels/inputs list that is integrated into the Channel Browser.
Channel Return: The Channel Return feature allows you to switch between two channels without entering an actual channel number each time
SurfLock: The SurfLock feature temporarily memorizes one channel under the Channel Return button, so you can return to that channel quickly from any other channel.
Input/Channel Label: You can label each video input source with a 10 character name. You can label analog TV channels with a 7 character name.
Closed Captions: The TV offers analog and digital closed captions.
- Analog CC: The analog closed caption mode has two
- Captions: An on-screen display of the dialog, narration, and sound effects of TV programs and video that are closed captioned.
- Text: An on-screen display of information not related to the current program, such as weather or stock data when provide by individual stations.
- Digital CC: You can customize the closed caption display characteristics by changing the background color, opacity, text size, type, edge and color.
Lock System: The TV's Lock Menu includes ratings blocking, channel blocking, input locking, and a side panel control lock which are all protected by the same user customized 4 digit password.
- V-Chip: Some TV programs and movies include signals that classify the content of the program (violence, dialogue, language, etc). The V-Chip feature in this television detect the signals and blocks the programs according to the ratings you select. Your rating setting is protected by a custom-user 4-digit password.
- Channel Block: With the Channels Block feature, you can block specific channels.
- Input Lock: You can sue the Input Lock feature to lock the video inputs and channels 3 and 4. You will not be able to view the input sources or channels until you unlock the inputs.
- Control Panel Lock: You can lock the control panel to prevent your settings from being changed accidentally.
Timers: The Toshiba LED-LCD TV offers 2 convenient timer functions.
- On Timer: You can set the On Timer to automatically turn the TV to a preset channel or input at a preset time and preset volume level.
- GameTimer: You can use the GameTimer function to set a time limit for playing a video game from to 30, 60, 90, or 120 minutes. When the GameTimer expires, the TV enters Input Lock mode and locks out the input source for the video game device.
- Sleep Timer: The sleep timer switches the television off after a specified amount of time. The sleep timer can be adjusted up to 12 hours.
ENERGY STAR Certified: Earning the ENERGY STAR means a product meets strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the US Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of Energy. For TVs, it means they save energy both in Standby and On modes. ENERGY STAR qualified TVs use about 30% less energy than standard units. The factory default settings of this television meet ENERGY STAR requirements
Energy Saver Features: The following features can be activated to turn the television off, when not in use, to conserve energy.
- Auto Power Down: The TV will automatically turn itself off (standby) after 4 hours, if you do no operate the TV either from the remote control or the TV control panel.
- No Signal Power Down: The TV will automatically turn itself off after 15 minutes when no signal is detected.
Last Mode Memory: If the power is cut off while you are viewing the TV, the Last Mode Memory feature automatically turns on the TV when the power is resupplied.
Multibrand Remote: The supplied remote is pre-programmed to operate this unit and a number of functions on many other brand components; including cable boxes, satellite receivers, DVD players, DVD-recorders, DVD/VCR combos, VCRs, PVRs, CD players, and audio receivers.
HDMI CEC Control: This features uses CEC technology and allows you to control Toshiba HDMI CEC compatible devices from the TV's remote control, via an HDMI connection. The following HDMI CEC Controls are possible - TV Auto Input Switch, TV Auto Power, and playback control for DVD players, as well as Volume/Mute controls for your A/V receiver.
Pedestal Stand: The TV is shipped with a pedestal stand unattached; assembly is required using the supplied hardware. The tabletop stand allows the television to swivel 20° left or right. The pedestal stand can be removed to wall-mount the television with and optional bracket (sold separately).
Wall Mounting: The TV has four threaded inserts on the back for use with an optional wall-mount bracket. The spacing of the mounting holes is 400mm horizontal x 200mm vertical. The threaded inserts require 8mm machine screws (not supplied).
Attached AC Power Cord: The television is fitted with an attached 5' AC power cord which is terminated by a straight two-prong AC plug. The AC plug sits 1.625" from the wall.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.