Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Take your favorite movies anywhere with the Toshiba SD-P1850. Its bright, colorful 8" screen gives you a great view of your widescreen DVDs. You can zoom in on the picture to eliminate those annoying black bars that show up on the top and bottom with some discs. Special processing maintains excellent color accuracy and picture fidelity, even in zoom mode.
A built-in digital photo viewer lets you display pictures stored on CDs and watch them as a slide show with a few clicks of the player's remote. You can even connect the 'P1850 to an external monitor perfect for viewing your pictures on a TV or for travelers who want to watch a movie in their hotel rooms.
When you're in the mood for music, pop in a regular CD or a disc loaded with MP3 or WMA tunes. Dual headphone outputs let you share the entertainment with a friend. A card slot on the player's side panel lets you enjoy music or photos recorded to a compatible memory card. When the battery starts running low, you can refresh it using the included home and car power adapters.
Shipping Note: Sorry, we can only ship Toshiba products to the 49 continental United States and Washington D.C.; we can't ship them to Hawaii or U.S. Territories. (Solamente es posible enviar productos de la Toshiba dentro los 49 estados unidos continentales y Washington D.C.)
- 8" widescreen LCD display
- 4-hour lithium ion battery
- AC adapter and car cigarette lighter adapter included
- built-in stereo speakers
- 3-D Virtual Surround
- memory card slot for digital photos (compatible with Memory Stick®, xD-Picture Card, SD, and MultiMediaCard®)
- dual headphone jacks
- 1 audio/video output
- 1 audio/video input
- mini optical digital output for Dolby® Digital, DTS®, and PCM
- remote control
- plays DVD-Video, DVD-R, Video CD, and DivX® discs
- plays music CD, CD-R & CD-RW, and MP3 & WMA CDs
- plays JPEG digital photo CDs
- 108MHz/14-bit video D/A converter
- 192kHz/24-bit audio D/A converter
- 9-1/16"W x 1-3/8"H x 6-3/16"D
- 1.9 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year parts, 90 days labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- designed for use with "Region 1" coded DVDs
Toshiba SD-P1850 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Great buy for price
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
This thing has a very clear picture, and sound is great. Couldn't beat it for the price. Crutchfield makes me happy yet again!
What's in the box?
- Portable DVD/CD player with 8" LCD screen
- SD-PBP18B Lithium-ion rechargeable battery pack (7.4V/4000mAh)
- ADPV26B AC adapter with attached 59" cord (Output: 12.0 Volts/2.0 Amps)
- Cigarette lighter adapter with attached 6.5' cord
- 56" Audio/Video cable (has left and right RCA audio connectors and an RCA composite video connector on one end and a minijack connector on the other end)
- MEDR16UX Wireless remote control
- 1 CR2025 lithium battery
- Owner's Manual (English/French)
- Quick Guide (Spanish)
- Registration Card
- Canadian Warranty Registration card
- "Stop-Need Help?" sheet
- "Before Using the Player" sheet
Video D/A Converter: The SD-P1850 uses a 108MHz/14-bit video digital-to-analog converter, which reduces digital artifacts for a better picture and provides unsurpassed color purity, color detail and resolution.
Audio D/A Converter: This unit has a 192kHz/24-bit audio digital-to-analog converter for superb audio reproduction.
LCD Screen: The built-in 8" (diagonal) widescreen LCD features a resolution of 480 x 234 pixels. The LCD brightness and color intensity can be adjusted and in "enhanced" mode, the player will expand a 4:3 image to fill the 16:9 screen. If you are using it in the vehicle, the image can be flipped, allowing it to be mounted as an overhead monitor. When connected to an outboard TV or monitor, you can turn off the LCD screen and choose the aspect ratio from 4:3 Normal, 4:3 Letterbox, or 16:9 Widescreen.
Lithium-Ion Battery: A rechargeable lithium-ion battery is included and attaches to the bottom of the DVD player. The battery's output is 7.4 volts and capacity is 4000 mAh, which equates to a playback time of approximately 4 hours using the LCD screen. If you are viewing the video on an external TV, you can turn off the LCD monitor to increase playback time. The charging time is approximately 3.5 hours. The battery is recharged while connected to the DVD player using the AC adapter, however, the battery does not charge while the player is being used. In addition to the battery and AC adapter, the unit can be used in your vehicle, powered by the included cigarette lighter adapter.
MP3/WMA Playback: This unit will play MP3/WMA audio files recorded onto CD-R, CD-RW, and CD-ROM discs using the ISO 9660 format, on DVD-R discs in the UDF format, as well as select Memory cards (SD Memory cards, MultiMediaCards, Memory Stick, and xD-Picture Cards). MP3 files with a constant bit rate of 32-320 kbps and WMA files with a constant bit rate of 48-192 kbps are supported. Each disc can have a maximum of 650 files.
JPEG Playback: This unit will play JPEG files recorded onto CD-R, CD-RW, CD-ROM discs using the ISO 9660 format. Baseline and progressive JPEG files are supported. All JPEG files on a disc can be played back in a slide show. You can zoom in on any selected image (2x, 3x, or 4x), or rotate/flip the image until the desired angle is selected. Maximum playable resolution is 5760 x 3840 for baseline JPEGs and 3,300,000 total pixels for Progressive JPEGs.
DivX Playback: The unit can play back DivX files with a bit rate of less than 8 Mbps recorded on CD-R, CD-RW, or DVD-R discs using the ISO14496 format. DivX is a video file format developed by Microsoft and is based on MPEG4 compression technology to provide audio and video data over the Internet in real-time. MPEG4 is used for video encoding and MP3 for audio encoding so that you can watch a movie at near DVD-quality video and audio. Video-on-demand movies are also commercially available to buy or rent.
Memory Card Slot: The front-panel memory card slot lets you view digital photos recorded on SD Memory cards, Memory Sticks, MultiMediaCards, and xD-Picture Cards. All JPEG files on a memory card can be played back in a slide show. You can zoom in on any selected image (2x, 3x, or 4x), or rotate/flip the image until the desired angle is selected.
Audio Menu: You can adjust the audio using the following options in the Audio Menu:
- EQ Mode: You can select from Jazz, Hall, Stadium, or None.
- Enhanced Audio Mode (E.A.M.): You can activate the E.A.M., which produces an expansive 3-D virtual surround sound from just two speakers.
- Dynamic Range Control: When activated, the D.R.C. makes faint sounds easier to hear and lowers the level of loud sounds. This feature is typically used for late night viewing, and works only with Dolby Digital discs.
- Digital Out: You can choose the type of audio signal output from the unit: Bitstream (for use with Dolby Digital, DTS, MPEG1 or MPEG2 decoders), Analog 2 channel, or PCM.
Playback Options: During playback, you can access the following options:
- Repeat: You can repeat a title, chapter, or track. You can also repeat the content between two chosen points (A-B repeat).
- Random: You can play chapters or tracks in random order.
- Program: You can program up to 12 chapters or tracks to play in a chosen order.
- Fast Forward/Fast Reverse: You can change the playback speed to 2x, 4x, 8x, or 16x normal speed in either direction.
- Slow Motion: You can change the playback speed to 1/2x, 1/4x, 1/8x, or 1/16x normal speed in either direction.
- Resume Playback: The resume feature allows you to resume playback of a disc from the point where you last stopped. The stopping point is cleared when the Stop button is pressed more than once, power is turned off, or the disc is removed.
Zoom: The Zoom feature allows you to get an increasingly close-up view of the image. Each press of the Zoom button increases the magnification to Zoom 1 (2x), Zoom 2 (3x), or Zoom 3 (4x). Once the image is enlarged, you can move the zoomed image around the screen using the left/right/up/down buttons on the remote or the unit's control panel.
Disc Features: Using the remote control, you can access the following built-in DVD disc features:
- Camera Angle: If a scene was recorded with multiple angles, you can easily change the camera angle of the scene you are viewing.
- Subtitles: You can display subtitles on the screen, and select a subtitle language from those included on the disc.
- Language: You can select a preferred language and sound recording system from those included on the disc.
Automatic LCD Off Function: If the player is stopped or the screen saver is engaged for approximately 20 minutes, the LCD screen is automatically turned off.
Remote Control: The unit can be controlled by the supplied remote control. The player's infrared eye is located on the front of the player.
Cigarette Lighter Adapter: The supplied cigarette lighter adapter allows you to power the SD-P1850 in your vehicle.
Parental Lock Function: You can select a parental control rating from 0-8, which is protected by a 5-digit password.
Dual Headphone Jacks: For private listening, you can connect up to two sets of headphones to the provided minijack outputs. When headphones are plugged in, the built-in speakers are muted.
Bitstream/PCM Jack: This 3.5mm minijack output allows you to connect the SD-P1850 to a receiver or decoder with an optical digital input. The digital output signal type can be set to Bitstream or PCM, whichever is appropriate, in the Audio Menu.
Note: An optical digital cable with a mini-plug is required.
A/V Out: Using the supplied audio/video cable, this minijack output allows you to connect the SD-P1850 to an external monitor with an RCA composite video jack and a receiver with left and right RCA audio jacks.
A/V In: Using the supplied audio/video cable, this minijack input allows you to connect the SD-P1850 to an external source with left and right RCA audio outputs and an RCA composite video output.
- With LCD Open
W=9.082", H=6.833" (7.145" including battery), D=6.165" (7.901" including battery)
- Note: The LCD can be opened up to approximately 180°, making the total depth approximately 11.606" and total height approximately 1.432" (2.088" including battery) .
- With LCD Closed: W=9.082", H=1.343" (1.577" including battery), D=6.165" (7.901" including battery)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.