Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
The NOMAD MuVo TX FM packs a lot of entertainment options into an incredibly small package! Want music? The player comes with 1GB of memory, holding up to 16 hours of MP3 and WMA tunes (recorded at 128Kbps). Maybe something different? The built-in FM tuner not only lets you listen in your favorite radio programs, but you can record them as well!
The MuVo TX FM can also record live audio thanks to its built-in microphone and with its ability to hold over 60 hours of mono voice recordings, it's great for anyone who attends classes or lectures. Plus, the backlit LCD makes track information viewable in dark settings.
The 1GB MuVo TX doubles as a removable flash memory drive: save data onto it from your PC, then use the MuVo TX to transport the files to another computer. This player can even take advantage of USB 2.0's speedier transfer rates, for music and data.
- plays MP3 and WMA files
- 1GB embedded memory holds approximately:
- 32 hours of music at 64 Kbps
- 16 hours of music at 128 Kbps
- other bitrates also supported
- built-in FM tuner with 32 station presets
- built-in microphone (1GB holds approximately 64 hours of mono voice recordings)
- repeat and random play
- USB 2.0 interface
- backlit LCD displays MP3 ID3 info
- adjustable 5-band EQ with 6 presets
- earbud headphones
- arm band
- case and attached belt clip
- Creative MediaSource music management software (Windows®)
- up to 15 hours playback with included "AAA" alkaline battery
- 3-1/16"W x 1-1/2"H x 5/8"D
- weight: 1.5 oz. with battery
- warranty: 1 year parts; 90 days labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- pre-installed Windows 98SE, Me, 2000, or XP
- Intel® Pentium® II 233 MHz or AMD K6-2 266 MHz processor
- 64 MB RAM
- 10 MB hard disk space
- USB port
For Mac®: (for plug and play music and data file transfer only)
- pre-installed OS 9 or later
- iMac®, G3, or later processor
- USB port
Creative NOMAD® MuVo TX FM 1GB Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Creative NOMAD® MuVo TX FM 1GB
It's a great little player. I didn't think that I would use the FM radio, but no matter how much I'm into the music, I like to catch the top of the hour news. I really like the tiny size, and battery life is long.
The controls are a little awkward to use, but that's because the unit is so tiny. The voice recording feature is low audio quality, but usable.
All in all, this is the best player for my needs. Tiny, feature packed and inexpensive. Two thumbs up!
Creative NOMAD® MuVo TX FM 1GB
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
This is a great MP3 player! It is jam-packed with features that a lot of other flash type players do not offer for the price. And, it comes with the arm-band, and belt clip too! I use it at the gym, and the quality is very apparent... Compare this to other players of the same price, and this one is the most bang for the buck!
What's in the box?
- Nomad MuVo TX FM Digital Music Player/FM radio
- 1 "AAA" alkaline battery
- Stereo earbuds (with 64" cord on right earbud and a 49" cord on the left earbud)
- 15" Velcro arm band
- Clear plastic case with belt clip
- Installation CD-ROM
- Quick Start guide
- Customer Support Services sheet
- www.audible.com information sheet
Product Overview: The Creative Nomad MuVo (Music Voyage) TX FM 1GB combines several products into one. This cigarette lighter-sized unit can be used as a portable digital music player (MP3/WMA), FM radio, digital voice (and FM) recorder or a removable USB Flash Drive. The removable 1GB memory module has a USB 2.0 port, and can be plugged directly into the USB slot on your PC for super fast downloading of music or data files. It is powered by a single "AAA" battery (supplied), and requires no connecting cables.
MP3/WMA Player: The Nomad MuVo TX FM digital music player can store and playback up to 16 hours of MP3 (recorded at 128 kbps) or up to 32 hours of WMA music files (recorded at 64 kbps). Other bitrates are also supported. Since it's made of solid state construction, there are no moving parts and it will not skip. The player comes equipped with an armband, a belt clip, and a pair of stereo earbuds. The player has a 1/8" (3.5mm) mini-jack for plugging in headphones.
FM Radio: In addition to the digital music player, this unit also contains an FM radio. Up to 32 stations can be stored in preset memory, manually or automatically. Stations can be tuned by presets only, or by scan tuning all frequencies. You can also record FM broadcasts directly into the 1GB memory module in IMA ADPCM file format (16 kHz, 4-bit, Stereo).
LCD: The Nomad MuVo TX FM has a 96 x 32 pixel, blue electro-luminescent (EL) backlit LCD screen. The 5/16" x 15/16" display provides the following information:
- Battery Status: Full battery (3 marks), 60% full (2 marks), 30% full (1 mark), Nearly empty (no marks)
- Music Information: Play status, Track Title (ID3 tags), Elapsed time, Play mode, EQ setting
- FM Radio Information: FM radio mode, FM frequency, Tuning status, Preset number
- Voice Recording Information: Elapsed recording time, Remaining recording time
- Information Diagrams: Indicates when player is connected to the computer, and when files are being transferred to the module
- Error Diagrams: Indicates general nature of any problem that might occur
- LCD Configurations: 180-degree rotate screen (for left- or right-handed operation), contrast, backlight duration, auto off time, default language, information screen access (provides version of firmware for upgrades)
Scroller Button: You can easily navigate through the menus, music files and folders, and record/playback functions using the handy Scroller button. The Scroller can be rotated left or right to move through menu and file selections, then pressed to activate the function or play the selected song.
Play Modes: The player features the following playback modes:
- Normal Play
- A-B Repeat
- Repeat Track
- Repeat All
- Repeat Folder
- Track Once
- Shuffle Repeat
- Shuffle Once
- Shuffle Folder
Locking/Unlocking: To avoid buttons being pushed accidentally, you can lock the player. When a button is pressed while the player is locked, a popup window appears for you to unlock the player. If no selection is made within 5 seconds, the window disappears.
Voice Recording: The Nomad MuVo TX FM can record up to 64 hours of audio (voice) through the built-in microphone directly onto the 1GB memory module in IMA ADPCM file format (8kHz, 4-bit, Mono). The recording time is determined by the amount of available hard disk space and the amount of battery power remaining in the player.
EQ: You can enhance your music files by engaging the built-in equalizer. You can select one of 5 preset EQ curves (Normal, Rock, Classical, Pop, or Jazz), or define your own EQ settings and save them as a Custom preset. The custom EQ setting allows you to cut or boost the signal of 5 EQ bands from -14dB to +14dB. The center frequencies of the 5 bands are 62 Hz (bass), 250 Hz (low midrange), 1 kHz (midrange), 4 kHz (upper midrange), and 16 kHz (treble).
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: Up to 90dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <0.05%
- Channel Separation: Up to 63dB
- Weight: 1.52 ounces including battery (1.1 oz without battery)
Power Requirements: The Nomad MuVo TX FM digital music player operates on one "AAA" battery (supplied), which provides up to approximately 15 hours of continuous playback of MP3 files (at 128 kbps), up to 11 hours of continuous playback of WMA files (at 64 kbps), and up to 12 hours of continuous FM radio play. Using track skip, fast forward, or reverse during playback and other factors may reduce playback time.
Removable 1GB Flash Memory: The supplied 1GB Flash Drive is a USB solid-state hard disk. In addition to storing MP3 and WMA music files, can store and transport data files to and from work, home, or school. One 1GB flash drive can store as much data (including documents and photographs) as 352 floppy disks. Since it has a USB 2.0 plug on its end, it plugs directly into the PC's USB port and requires no cables.
Note: The 1GB Flash Drive is backward compatible with USB 1.1 ports.
Supplied Software: The supplied Installation CD-ROM software includes the following applications:
- Creative Media Detector: Media Detector makes it easy for you to access multimedia content from various internal or external media. It automatically recognizes the insertion or connection of CDs, VCDs, and external devices like Creative digital audio players. Upon recognition, the content in the media automatically starts to play.
- Creative MediaSource:
MediaSource contains applications for playing, organizing and transferring
- MediaSource Player: provides exclusive feature such as SmartFit, specially designed to manage and configure the Nomad MuVo TX FM more efficiently. You can play back a wide variety of digital audio and video formats such as MP3, WMA, WAV, Audio CD, Midi, VCD, and AVI on the computer. You can also use the integrated recorder in MediaSource to record audio.
- MediaSource Organizer: helps you manage a huge music library more easily. You can rip CDs and create digital audio files (up to 320 kbps for MP3 and 160 kbps for WMA). You can also configure the Nomad MuVo TX FM while it is plugged into the computer, and simultaneously view the contents of your computer and your TX FM player with a dual-window transfer panel. With Organizer, you can locate songs in seconds using keywords.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: lets you view and print Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) files on all major computer platforms.
Minimum System Requirements (for Creative MediaSource):
- OS: Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition (SE), Windows 2000, Windows Millennium Edition (Me) or Windows XP
- CPU: Intel Pentium II 350 MHz, AMD K6-2 450 MHz or better processor (Pentium III 450 MHz or higher recommended for MP3 encoding)
- Drive: CD-ROM drive with digital audio extraction support
- RAM: 64 MB (128 MB recommended)
- Free Hard Disk Space: 30 MB (more for audio content storage)
- Interface: USB 1.1 port (USB 2.0 port recommended)
- Pointing Device: Installed Mouse
- Display: SVGA graphics adapter (256 colors, 800 x 600 resolution or better)
Flash Memory Module Requirements: Generally, you will not require additional software to use the Nomad MuVo TX FM memory module in your computer, unless you are using Windows 98SE. The supplied CD-ROM software includes drivers for Windows 98SE. Other Windows Operating Systems, such as Windows 2000, Windows Me or Windows XP already includes drivers for USB mass storage devices. After plugging the MuVo TX FM memory module into the USB port, Windows will detect and auto-install the device. Transferring tracks and data files to the module becomes a simple "drag-and-drop" operation.
Mac Compatibility: You can plug the MuVo TX FM memory module into a Macintosh OS 9.0 or above, iMac, G3 or higher. Only plug and play functions are supported. Note: The supplied Creative Media Detector and Creative MediaSource software are not compatible with Mac at the present time.
Minimum System Requirements (for Flash Memory Module):
- OS: Microsoft Windows 98SE/2000/Me/XP
- CPU: Intel Pentium II 233 MHz or AMD K6-2 266 MHz
- RAM: 64 MB (128 MB recommended)
- Free Hard Disk Space: 10 MB (more for audio content storage)
- Interface: USB port 2.0 (backward compatible with USB 1.1)
- Pointing Device: Installed Mouse
- Macintosh (for plug and play
music and data file transfer only):
- OS: Mac OS version 9.0 or above, iMac, G3 or higher
Firmware Upgrades: Occasionally, firmware upgrades for the Nomad MuVo TX FM are available from the Creative Labs website.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.