Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
The MuVo V100 MP3 player from Creative is only about the size of a disposable lighter, yet its one-gigabyte embedded memory can store up to 17 hours of your favorite music at near-CD quality. Its built-in voice microphone lets you record seminars, classes, or just a quick reminder to yourself.
The player consists of two parts a battery case and a memory module with a USB connector. To transfer music, pull the memory module out of the battery pack and plug it into your PC. Then just drag and drop audio files into the player's folder. The MuVo comes with a single "AAA" battery that provides up to 18 hours of playback.
- 1GB embedded flash memory holds approximately:
- 33 hours of music at 64 kbps
- 17 hours of music at 128 kbps
- plays MP3, WMA and protected WMA formats
- backlit blue LCD screen
- built-in microphone for voice recording
- 5 EQ settings
- high-speed USB interface
- volume restriction option for safe listening
- earbud headphones
- up to 18 hours playback with included "AAA" alkaline battery
- 3"W x 1-7/16"H x 5/8"D
- weight: 1.17 oz.
- warranty: 1 year parts, 90 days labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- broadband Internet connection recommended
- Windows® 2000, or Windows XP (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Intel Pentium® III 1GHz, AMD Duron 1GHz or better processor
- CD-ROM drive
- 128MB RAM (256MB recommended)
- 170MB free hard drive space
- USB port
Creative MuVo V100 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I Love the Creative products. I personally have a 1GB Zen Nano Plus....does more than any ipod junk and runs forever on 1 aaa battery. Small as a cigarette lighter. Light as one too. Great sound. Decent software. Easy to load. I love it so much I went to buy my 2 kids (8 and 12) the closest thing I can get to my Zen Nano, which is the MuVo 100. It's even cooler! You use it like a flash drive!!! Lots of features you don't get with ipod's overpriced stuff. ANyway, I bought 2 of them and loaded them with music that I know my kids like and sent them for Christmas. I was even able to add voice recordings to tell my kids how much I miss them while I spend my year in Korea. Can't do that with an ipod for the same price!!!
I LOVE CREATIVE!!!
What's in the box?
- White MuVo 1GB Digital MusicPlayer (1GB memory module installed inside a battery pack)
- 1 "AAA" battery
- Silver Stereo earbud headphones with attached 40" Cord (mini-plug connector)
- Installation CD
- User manual
- "Audible.com" card
- "Enjoy Sound Safely" sheet
- "Extend your support coverage" sheet
Product Overview: The Creative MuVo V100 combines two products into one. This cigarette lighter-sized unit can be used as a digital music player (MP3/WMA) or as a removable USB Flash Drive. The removable 1GB memory module has a USB 2.0 (Type A) plug, and can be plugged directly into the USB slot on your PC for downloading music files or data files. It is powered by a single "AAA" battery, and requires no cables. A Installation CD-ROM is provided for Microsoft Windows compatibility.
Removable 1 GB Flash Memory: The supplied 1 GB Flash Drive is a USB solid-state hard disk. Since it's made of solid state construction (there are no moving parts), it will not skip. In addition to storing MP3 and WMA music files, can store and transport data files to and from work, home, or school. Since it has a USB 2.0 (Type A) plug on its end, it plugs directly into the PC's USB port for high transfer speed and requires no cables. The MuVo V100 digital music player can store up to 500 songs.
MP3/WMA Player: Music files that you transfer to the player must be MP3 or WMA format. Music files can be recorded at bit rates up to 320 kbps for MP3 and WMA. You can download music files from Internet music sites or rip music from audio CDs saved to your PC.
- Internet Downloading: To get digital music files from the Internet, use a search engine to locate sites with digital music content. You can use the supplied software to download audio files from any major Internet music download site. Follow the instructions on the site to download the music files to your computer.
- Ripping Audio CDs: To get music tracks from your CDs to the player, you will need a CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive that can extract digital audio data, and Creative MediaSource Player/Organizer. Creative MediaSource Player/Organizer will read the audio information on your CD and convert it to the WMA format using the bitrate you choose.
Folders: The player stores audio track in folders. You can store track in the root (first level) folder or default library folders (Library A, Library B or Library C) created by your player. You can store up to a maximum of 500 tracks per folder. During music playback you can choose between different folders of music tracks.
Headphone Output: The player comes equipped with a pair of stereo earbuds. The player has a 1/8" (3.5mm) mini-jack for plugging in headphones.
Built-In Microphone: A built-in microphone lets you make digital voice recordings.
LCD Display: The MuVo V100 features a high-resolution 96 x 32 pixel, blue backlit LCD display that allows you to see what's playing. You can also view menu options on the unit's LCD display. The LCD offers information icons as well, such as battery life, play status, play modes and other useful information.
Displaying Lyrics: The MuVo V100 can display lyrics of songs being played if applicable. You can turn this feature on or off. The unit supports ID3 lyrics and LRC lyric formats.
Favorites Mode: Favorites Modes allows you to save your favorite tracks in a separate folder so they can easily be accessed through the units menu.
Player Lock: Locking the MuVo V100 disables the functions of all buttons and the Scroller on the unit. Locking your player is useful when you do not want to accidentally activate functions on the player.
Playback Modes: The MuVo V100 features the following playback modes.
- Normal: select for normal playback
- Shuffle: you can select
from the following shuffle modes
- Shuffle Folder: shuffles contents of current folder
- Shuffle Once: shuffles once through all tracks
- Shuffle Repeat: repeatedly shuffle through all tracks
- Track Once: select for playback of only one track
- Repeat: you can select from the following repeat modes
- Repeat Folder: repeats contents of current folder
- Repeat All: repeats all tracks
- Repeat Track: repeats single track
- A-B Repeat: repeats a specific segment of a track
EQ: EQ is a collection of equalizer presets that can enhance the sound of your. You can select between Rock, Pop, Classical, Jazz, Normal or Custom. The Custom EQ allows you to adjust a 5-Band EQ of 62Hz, 250Hz, 1kHz, 4kHz, and 16kHz between -14dB and +14dB.
Bass Boost: Bass Boost enhances the bass when you play back your music.
Settings: The MuVo V100 offers the following general settings adjustments to personalize your experience.
- Rotate Display: flips the display for right-hand or left-handed use
- Contrast: adjust the contrast of the LCD from 0 to 100%
- Backlight: adjusts the backlight duration from off, 10 seconds, 15 seconds, 20 seconds to 5 minutes
- Language: allows you to set the default language displayed on the LCD screen from various languages such as English, French, Spanish, and German
- Lyrics Display: turns Lyrics Display on or off
- Restrict Volume: restricts your player's maximum playback volume
- Cue/Review: sets whether you can use the Scroller to cue or review
- Idle Shutdown: adjusts how long your player remains inactive before it automatically shuts down between off, 1, 5, 10 or 30 minutes
- Information: displays the player's firmware version, total memory space and available memory space
Controls: The player features the following controls.
- Play/Pause Button: The
Play/Pause Button has 3 functions.
- On/Off: turns the player on and off by holding down on the button
- Play/Pause: plays and pauses tracks with a single press of the button
- Backlight: when the player is locked, the button is used to turn on the LCD backlight
- Scroller: The Scroller
offers the following functions.
- Menu: use the Scroller to scroll through menu options and to select menu options
- Search: use the Scroller to move between track or move within a track
- Volume: increases or decreases volume
Connections: The player is equipped with the following connections.
- Headphone: 3.5mm headphone output
- USB Connector: The removable 1GB memory module has a USB 2.0 (Type A) male connector that plugs into the battery module's USB 2.0 (Type A) female port.
- Storage Memory: Built-in NAND Flash memory chip
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: >90dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <0.01%
- Channel Separation: >60dB
- Voice Recorder: IMA ADPCM (8 kHz, 4-bit, Mono)
- Weight: 1.2 without battery
Power Requirements: The MuVo V100 digital music player operates on one "AAA" battery, which provides approximately 14 to 18 hours of continuous playback. When the MuVo V100 is plugged into your PC's USB port it uses USB bus power.
Included Software: The MuVo V100 comes supplied with and Installation Software Disc. The software should be downloaded to your PC before connecting the unit to your computer. The provided Installation CD-ROM features the following programs.
- Creative Media Explorer: This software allows you to rip music from your CD collection to your player or copy audio files (such as music you have purchased online) from your computer.
- Creative MediaSource
Player/Organizer: This program is a full-featured media organizer/player
that allows you to do the following.
- access additional features such as recording, automatic playlist generation and audio format conversion
- manage a music library on your computer
- AudibleManager: Install AudibleManager to manage Audible files. After downloading Audible audio to our player, you can search for Audible files by title.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows XP (Service Pack 1 or later) or Windows 2000
- Intel Pentium III 1GHz or AMD Duron 1GHz
- CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive with digital audio extraction support
- USB 1.1 port (USB 2.0 port recommended)
- 128 MB RAM (256 MB recommended)
- 170 MB available hard disk space (more space needed for storing audio)
- SVGA graphics adapter (256 colors, 800 x 600 resolution or better)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.