Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Split personalityHere's today's challenge: Shoot the entire plaza of St. Peter's Basilica in Rome, complete with intricate architectural details and candid, "stealth" close-ups of the kids seeing one of the world's wonders for the first time. Or do the same with the Great Buddha of Kamakura. Stonehenge. Mount Rushmore. You get the picture.
... or do you? That kind of variety is a challenge for many lenses, but with this Nikkor 10-100mm lens on the front of your Nikon 1 Series camera, you'll be up to the task. This heavy-duty performer has a versatile zoom range (27-270mm 35mm equivalent) for solid performance at all lengths: extravagantly wide, perfect portrait, long-reach telephoto. If you're on the road in changing conditions (and when are they not, on the road?), you'll appreciate this compact marvel's ability to manage space while making the most of your available light.
The power zoom has 3 selectable speeds, for added versatility while shooting video. Don't worry about the zoom and focus motor sound bleeding into your soundtracks, as they're custom-engineered for quiet operation. Advanced VR II vibration reduction will minimize shimmies and blurring while adding extra-stop sensitivity in low-light, so that even your interior sightseeing will be crisply well-documented.
Nikkor lenses are so well-constructed that they carry a five-year warranty when sold by an authorized Nikon dealer and registered by the buyer. The precision optics, quality materials and workmanship, and overall ergonomic feel are sure to have a noticeable effect on every shot you take.
- 10-100mm f/4.5-5.6 power-drive zoom lens with 35mm equivalent of 27-270mm
- compatible with Nikon 1 Series digital cameras
- VR II vibration reduction for steadier handheld shots and better low-light performance
- voice-coil autofocus motor for cleaner sound recording
- minimum focus distance: 12"
- minimum aperture: f/16
- seven rounded-diaphragm aperture blades for smooth background defocusing
- filter/attachment size: 72mm
- lens is 3" in diameter and 3-3/4" long
- weight: 18.2 oz.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- front and rear lens caps
- lens hood
Nikon 10-100mm f/4.5-5.6 VR 1 Nikkor Reviews
What's in the box?
- 1 Nikkor VR 10-100mm f/4.5-5.6 lens (black)
- Black LC-N72 lens cap (attached to lens)
- Black 1-Mount LF-N1000 rear lens cap (attached to lens)
- HB-N102 Bayonet lens hood
- User's Manual
- Warranty form
- Extended warranty info envelope
- Note on turning off the camera before attaching the lens
Overview: The Nikon 1 Nikkor 10-100mm f/4.5-5.6 lens is CX-format power drive zoom lens that is optimized for shooting movies. It is exclusively for Nikon 1 interchangeable lens format digital cameras, such as the J1 and V1. The angle of view is equivalent to a 35mm format lens with a focal length of 27-270mm. It comes with the LC-N72 snap-on 72mm front lens cap, the LF-N1000 rear lens cap, and the HB-N102 bayonet-type lens hood.
Power Drive Zoom: The 1 Nikkor 10-100mm lens is equipped with a power drive zoom with its own built in motor. The zoom control is located on the lens barrel. There are three selectable zoom speeds, plus a voice coil autofocus motor that keeps zooming and focusing completely silent.
Retractable Lens Lock Switch: The lens includes a retractable lens lock switch on the side of the barrel. With the lock in the Off position, the lens extends when the camera is turned on, and retracts (powered) when the camera is turned off. In the lock position, the lens does not retract when the camera is turned off, and can be used immediately after the camera is turned on.
Diaphragm: The lens is equipped with a rounded 7-blade diaphragm.
Vibration Reduction (VR): The 1 Nikkor 10-100mm lens is equipped with Vibration Reduction (VR) Image Stabilization. This lens-shift type stabilization using voice coil motors (VCMs) helps reduce camera shake, especially when zoomed in, and keeps your images sharp.
- Type of Lens: Telephoto zoom
- Type of Mount: Nikon 1 mount
- Focal Length: 10-100mm
- Filter Diameter: 72mm
- Closest Focus Distance: 1' at 10mm, 2.8' at 100mm
- Focusing Method: Auto focus or manually via focus ring
- Aperture Range: f/3.8 (W) - f/5.6 (T) maximum to f/11 (W-T) minimum
- Lens Construction: 21 elements in 14 groups, including 2 aspherical lens elements, 3 ED lens elements, and one HRI lens element)
- Angle of View: 77° to 9° 10"
- Dimensions: Diameter=3.028", Length=3.887" (4.378" w/caps)
- Weight: approximately 18.7 ounces
Warranty Terms: Nikon offers a 1-year parts and labor warranty on this lens. An additional 4-year Extended Service Coverage is available at no charge if you register the product with Nikon within 10 days of purchase.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.