Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
- 11-27.5mm f/3.5-5.6 telephoto zoom lens with 35mm equivalent of 30-74mm
- compatible with Nikon 1 Series digital cameras
- ultra-compact low profile (31mm long) construction keeps Nikon 1 cameras even slimmer and easier to carry
- aspherical lens elements and extra-low dispersion glass keep the lens sharp and free of color fringing
- minimum focus distance: 12"
- minimum aperture: f/16
- seven rounded-diaphragm aperture blades for smooth background defocusing
- filter/attachment size: 40.5mm
- lens is 2-5/16" in diameter and 1-7/16" long
- weight: 3 oz.
- warranty: 5 years with registration
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- front and rear lens caps
Nikon 11-27.5mm f/3.5-5.6 1 Nikkor Reviews
What's in the box?
- 1 Nikkor 11-27.5mm f/3.5-5.6 lens (black)
- Black LC-N40.5 lens cap (attached to lens)
- Black 1-Mount LF-N1000 rear lens cap (attached to lens)
- User's Manual
- Warranty form
- Note on lens barrel button
Overview: The Nikon 1 Nikkor 11-27.5mm f/3.5-5.6 lens is wide-angle to medium-telephoto zoom lens that is optimized for general photography, such as portraits, group shots, and landscapes, as well as HD videos. It is exclusively for Nikon 1 interchangeable lens format digital cameras, such as the J2, J1, and V1. The angle of view is equivalent to a 35mm format lens with a focal length of 30-74mm. It comes with the LC-N40.5 snap-on 40.5mm front lens cap, and the LF-N1000 rear lens cap. The lens barrel is black. A white version is also available.
Optics: The 1 Nikkor 11-27.5mm lens is considered an Internal Focusing (IF) lens, in which only the internal lens group shifts during focusing. The lens utilizes both Aspherical (AS) and Extra-low Dispersion (ED) Glass elements to correct or eliminate certain types of lens aberrations.
Retractable Lens Mechanism: The lens includes a retractable lens mechanism that allows you to manually retract the lens when the camera is not in use. When you are ready to shoot, the lens can be extended by pressing the retractable lens lock button and turning the zoom lens. To retract the lens, you can turn the zoom ring until it locks in place in the retracted position.
Diaphragm: The lens is equipped with a rounded 7-blade diaphragm to provide softly blurred backgrounds for portraits.
- Type of Lens: Wide angle to medium-telephoto zoom
- Type of Mount: Nikon 1 mount
- Focal Length: 11-27.5mm
- Filter Diameter: 40.5mm
- Closest Focus Distance: 1' at all zoom positions
- Focusing Method: Auto focus or manually via focus ring
- Aperture Range: f/3.5 (W) - f/5.6 (T) maximum to f/16 (W-T) minimum
- Lens Construction: 8 elements in 6 groups, including 1 aspherical lens element, 1 ED lens element, and one protective glass element)
- Angle of View: 72° to 32° 20'
- Dimensions: Diameter=2.262", Length=1.38" (1.826" w/caps)
- Weight: approximately 3 ounces
Warranty Terms: Nikon offers a 1-year parts and labor warranty on this lens. An additional 4-year Extended Service Coverage is available at no charge if you register the product with Nikon within 10 days of purchase.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.