Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
When you need to get everyone in the picture — or just represent the world around you in the way in which you experience it naturally — this zoom lens for Nikon full-frame and APS-C sensor DSLRs has you covered. With Nikon's impeccable optical elements and an ultra-quiet focusing motor, it's an ideal choice for video shooting, as your colors will be rich and clear and your subject will be sharp while standing out from its background. With its 18mm wide angle on full-frame cameras, this lens would be perfect for real-estate agents equipped with a high-end DSLR like the Nikon D600 or D800.
- f/3.5-4.5 AF-S wide-angle to standard-length zoom lens
- Silent-wave motor equipped for quiet video shooting
- 18-35mm on Nikon full-frame (FX format) cameras
- 35mm equivalent focal length of 27-53mm on Nikon DX-format cameras
- contains two ED (extra-low dispersion) and three aspherical lens elements for high resolution and contrast
- minimum focus distance: 11.1 inches
- minimum aperture: f/22 (wide), f/29 (tele)
- constructed of 12 elements in 8 groups
- filter size: 77mm
- lens is 4-1/16" long, 3-1/4" in diameter
- weight: 13.6 ounces
- warranty: 5 years with Nikon registration
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- lens hood
- front and rear lens caps
- soft lens pouch
Nikon AF-S 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G Lens Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Great wide angle zoom lens
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I haven't put the lens through extensive tests, but so far I'm pleased. I was a little worried that everyone mentioned the distortion at 18mm, but it's easily fixed in Lightroom or photoshop. The lens is well made, but not too heavy. It goes well with the Nikon D600.
Pros: Lightweight, sharp,
What's in the box?
- AF-S NIKKOR 18-3mm f/3.5-4.5G ED zoom lens
- LC-77 Front lens cap (installed)
- LF-4 Rear lens cap (installed)
- HB-66 Lens hood
- CL-1118 Lens pouch
- User's Manual
- 5 Years of Protection sheet (warranty + extended warranty form)
Features and Specs
|Maximum Aperture||F3.5 (W) - 4.5 (T)|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years with registratio|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years with registratio|
Overview: The Nikon AF-S Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED lens is a 1.9x wide-angle to standard view zoom lens that is suitable for travel and video applications. It is designed for use with FX/35mm format cameras, but has been optimized for edge-to-edge sharpness on both FX and DX-format D-SLRs. When mounted on a DX-format camera, the angle of view is reduced, and the focal length range is equivalent to 27-52.5mm.
Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC): Nikon's Super Integrated Coating (SIC) offers superior color performance and substantially reduced ghosting and flare, by enhancing light transmission.
Silent Wave Motor (SWM): The exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables fast, accurate, and quiet auto focus. The ultra-fast and ultra-quiet autofocusing makes this an excellent lens choice for shooting video.
Internal Focus: Internal Focus (IF) provides fast and quiet autofocus without changing the length of the lens, retaining working distance throughout the focus range.
Focus Mode Switch: The Focus Mode switch on the barrel of the lens lets you easily switch between manual focus and auto focus. If you want to enable auto focusing, the camera must be set to Auto Focus, and the switch on the lens needs to be set to "M/A". With most Nikon D-SLRs, the lens gives you a manual override option, allowing you to rotate the separate focus ring while pressing the shutter release halfway.
Lens Construction: The AF-S Nikkor 18-35mm lens is constructed of 12 elements in 8 groups, including 2 ED (Extra-low Dispersion glass) lens elements for maximum sharpness and minimum chromatic aberrations, and 3 aspheric lens elements that virtually eliminate certain types of aberration.
Diaphragm: The lens is equipped with a rounded 7-blade diaphragm, which renders a softer, more natural appearance of out-of-focus image elements.
Lens Hood: The lens comes with the HB-66 bayonet-type lens hood. The hood adds approximately 1-1/4" to the overall length of the lens. You can invert the hood and snap it onto the lens for storage, if desired.
- Type of Lens: Type G AF-S Nikkor lens with a built-in CPU
- Type of Mount: Nikon F-bayonet type
- Filter Diameter: 77mm
- Focal Length: 18-35mm
- Closest Focus Distance: 11.04"
- Focusing Method: Internal focusing (RF) system, AutoFocus using a Silent Wave Motor, manually by a separate focus ring
- Aperture Range: f/3.5 to f/22 (at 18mm); f/4.5 to f/29 (at 35mm)
- Aperture: 7-blade, rounded
- Focal Length Scale: Graduated in millimeters (18, 24, 28, 35)
- Focus Distance Indicator: 0.28m to infinity (∞)
- Lens Construction: 12 elements in 8 groups (including 2 ED lens elements, and 3 aspherical lens elements)
- Angle of View:
- FX/35mm Format: 100° to 63°
- DX Format: 76° to 44°
- Dimensions: Diameter=3.197", Length=4.047" (4.663" w/caps)
- Weight: approximately 13.6 ounces
Warranty Terms: Nikon offers a 1-year parts and labor warranty on this lens. An additional 4-year Extended Service Coverage is available at no charge if you register the product with Nikon within 10 days of purchase.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.