Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Your long-distance specialist
If you're like most serious photographers, you probably won't be using this lens every day. But — if you shoot wildlife, or sports, or you need some extra reach for breaking news? Having this lens in your camera bag could make the difference between getting that one-chance-only shot or coming home empty-handed. With a constant maximum aperture of f/4, it's got exceptional light-gathering capacity for its class. This lens' super telephoto range gives you compositional flexibility while remaining at a distance. And the built-in, ultra-quiet SWM (Silent Wave Motor) will take care of the big job of acquiring sharp focus over a long distance, while allowing the flexibility for seamless manual override.
Exceptional optical quality
While this super telephoto zoom lens is optimized for full-frame cameras, DX-format cameras can benefit as well. The apparent focal length will increase by a factor of 1.5X, so this 200-400mm lens will have a 300-600mm equivalent length on your APS-C sensor cameras.
Four extra-low-dispersion optical elements and proprietary Nano-Crystal coatings yield a lens that is sharp, clear, and free of artifacts like color fringing, ghosting, flaring, and distortion.
- AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II super-telephoto zoom lens
- 35mm equivalent of 300-600mm on Nikon DX-format DSLRs
- enhanced second-generation Vibration Reduction allows in-focus shots with longer exposure times (up to four shutter speeds slower)
- contains four extra-low dispersion lens elements for high resolution and contrast
- Silent Wave Motor for fast, quiet focusing
- compatible with Nikon film SLR and FX or DX format digital SLR cameras
- constructed of 24 elements in 17 groups
- minimum focus distance: 6.6 feet
- minimum aperture: f32
- filter size: 52mm
- dimensions: 4-15/16" x 14-7/16" (diameter x length)
- weight: 118.5 ounces
- warranty: 5 years with Nikon registration
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- slip-on lens hood
- removable tripod collar
- front and rear lens caps
- ballistic nylon lens case
- 52mm screw-on NC (neutral clear) filter for front element protection
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I received the lens last week and had my first opportunity to use it over the weekend at a indoor speed skating meet. The lens, while heavy, was still manageable to handhold and I was able to get some great close-ups of people in the crowd. I used it for some of the action shots as well, but the venue was a little small for the focal length.
Pros: Great, sharp images Smooth operation Solid build Well made case
Cons: A bit heavy