Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
This high-magnification, high-precision spotting scope offers everything you'd expect from Nikon: Superb optical elements, impeccable build quality, and logical, ergonomic design. A variable 20-60X eyepiece receives impressive amounts of light from a bright yet lightweight 82mm objective lens. Redesigned internal prisms and elements have been engineered to save weight while delivering high-contrast, color-accurate images down the light path. The scope has been internally nitrogen-purged and O-ring sealed to deliver fog-proof and waterproof performance. An included sliding sunshade protects the front objective from being struck by dust or rain when you're tracking that elusive bird in the wilderness.
This fieldscope is digiscopable, which means you can use Nikon's FSB-UC Universal Digiscoping Bracket to attach a compatible Coolpix compact camera for extreme telephoto shots, or an FSA-L1 adapter to attach a compatible DSLR.
The included tripod provides solid stability when you're at maximum magnification, and the included LensPen® cleaning kit will help you keep the scope in tip-top shape for your next adventure. Plus, the included carrying strap will let you transport the entire system with ease when you're on the move.
- 82mm objective lens gathers light well without adding bulk to scope's body
- 20-60X zoom eyepiece with travel pouch
- lightweight Porro Prism design
- sliding sunshade eliminates flaring and glare and protects objective from moisture and dust
- multicoated optical elements provide a high-contrast, color-accurate image
- internal surface texturing keeps light loss from internal reflections to a minimum
- scope is nitrogen purged and O-ring sealed to keep it fog-free and waterproof
Specifications and Dimensions:
- magnification: 20-60X
- objective diameter: 82mm
- field of view at 1000 yards: 109 feet
- eye relief: 16.9mm
- length: 17-3/8" (fully assembled)
- width: 3-3/4"
- weight: 41.8 ounces (fully assembled)
- warranty: 25-year limited "no-fault" warranty (1 Year for eyepieces)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- sliding sunshade
- Vue-Thru case
- lens covers
- adjustable carry straps
- full-size tripod
- LensPen® Pro cleaning kit
Nikon Prostaff 5 20-60 x 82mm Fieldscope Outfit Reviews
What's in the box?
- The Nikon Prostaff 5 Fieldscope Outfit includes two separately-boxed items: the Nikon Prostaff 5 fieldscope and the Nikon Full Size Premium Tripod.
- The Prostaff 5 fieldscope box includes:
- Straight-body fieldscope with 82mm objective lens
- Objective lens cap (installed)
- Eyepiece mount cap (installed)
- Neoprene stay-on case
- Stay-on case strap
- SEP-20-60 Zoom Eyepiece
- Rubber eyecap for eye observation (installed)
- Eyepiece mount cover (installed)
- Eyepiece cup (installed)
- Soft eyepiece case
- Fieldscope Instruction Manual (En / Es / Fr / Pt)
- Eyepiece Instruction Manual
- Warranty Form
- Registration Form
- The Full Size Premium Tripod box includes:
- Black aluminum tripod with easy-tilt head and 3-section telescoping legs
Overview: The Nikon Prostaff 5 Fieldscope Outfit includes the Prostaff 5 20-60x82 zoom fieldscope and a full-size premium tripod. The 2-piece fieldscope includes a separate eyepiece, which mounts to the scope body. The scope includes a soft, padded neoprene stay-on case and a shoulder strap. The included tripod has operating height adjustment from 22.5" to 57.5".
Water-Resistant: The Prostaff 5 fieldscope body itself is waterproof, and is nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed to protect the internal optics from condensation and mold. With the eyepiece attached, the fieldscope is water-resistant, with no water penetration during normal use (as tested by water equivalent to more than 1mm per minute falling from a height of more than 200mm for a duration of 10 minutes).
Multi-coated Optics: The Prostaff 5 fieldscope features high-quality multi-coated Nikon optics that provide a bright, high-contrast image with true color rendition. Internal surface texturing minimizes reflective light loss inside the scope.
Objective Hood: The 82mm objective lens has a built-in sliding hood to eliminate glare in bright conditions, and keeps dust and rain off the objective lens in rainy or dusty conditions. The hood can extend approximately 1.75" past the end of the lens.
Eyepiece: The Prostaff fieldscope includes the SEP-20-60 eyepiece, which mounts to the scope body. You can adjust the zoom from 20x to 60x by turning the zooming ring. The eyepiece has a rubber eyecup that can be extended for non-eyeglass wearers and retracted for eyeglass wearers.
Digiscoping: With the optional FSB-UC bracket, you can attach select Nikon Coolpix cameras to the eyepiece for taking digital photographs through the fieldscope.
Tripod: The included tripod features 3-section telescoping legs with quick lever leg locks. The quick release platform can be mounted to the bottom of the scope with the standard 1/4" mounting screw. This allows you to quickly mount and release the scope from the tripod as you desire. The tripod has a manual elevating center column with a vertical range of approximately 11.5". The panhead can rotate 360° and tilt 135° (-45° to +90°). The tripod has a minimum height of 22.5" (46" with legs extended). The maximum operating height is 57.5". The tripod folds to a length of 23.75" for storage.
- Model: Prostaff 5 20-60x82 Fieldscope Outfit
- Prism Type: Porro prism
- Magnification: 20x to 60x
- Objective Diameter: 82mm
- Close Focusing Distance: 20 yards (6.1 meters)
- Angular Field of View: 2.1° Real, 39.9° Apparent
- Field of View at 1000 yds: 109 feet (36 meters)
- Exit Pupil: 4.1mm
- Relative Brightness: 16.8 (at lowest magnification)
- Eye Relief: 16.9mm (at lowest magnification)
- Dimensions (assembled): Length=17.375", Width=3.738", Height=4.457"
- Weight: 41.8 ounces (33.9 oz fieldscope, 7.9 oz eyepiece)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.