Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
The Nikon FSB-UC universal camera bracket attaches a wide variety of Nikon Coolpix compact digital cameras to Nikon fieldscopes and the EZ-Micro field microscope. It secures by a retaining screw to the instrument's eyepiece and holds the camera secure in the optical path. Batteries and memory cards can be replaced on most camera models while the camera is secured in place. A rubber sheet protects the optical pathway from stray rays that could cause flaring. And a 20-inch cable release is included so you can capture your images without shaking the camera/scope apparatus.
The following compact Nikon Coolpix digital cameras are compatible with the FSB-UC bracket as of March 2012:
P series: P6000*1 / P5100 / P5000 / P310 / P300
S series: S5100*2 / S4300 / S4150 / S4100 / S4000 / S3300/ S3100 / S3000 / S2600 / S2500 / S710 / S700 / S640*3 / S620 / S610/ S610c / S600 / S570 / S560*4 / S520 / S510 / S500 / S230 / S220 / S30
L series: L26 / L25 / L23 / L22 / L21 / L20 / L19
*1 The combination of the COOLPIX P6000, FSB-UC and EZ-Micro is not recommended in terms of the weight balance.
*2 Cannot be used with EDG Fieldscope eyepiece FEP-25 LER because of the vignetting.
*3 Only with EDG Fieldscope eyepieces, except FEP-25LER. FEP-25LER and DS eyepieces are not recommended because of the vignetting.
*4 Only with EDG Fieldscope eyepieces. Attaching a DS eyepiece is not recommended because of the vignetting.
- connects a wide variety of Nikon Coolpix cameras to the eyepiece of Nikon fieldscopes and field microscopes
- improved design allows easy replacement of batteries and memory cards while camera remains attached
- includes rubber light-shield sheet to protect light path from ambient light interference
- includes 20-inch cable release for shake-free shots
- two-axis mounting allows fine adjustment of camera to light path
- 5-1/4"W x 5-3/16"H x 3-1/4"D
- 10.58 ounces
- warranty: 1 year limited warranty
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Nikon FSB-UC Reviews
What's in the box?
- FSB-UC Digital Camera Bracket for Nikon fieldscopes
- 19.5" Cable release
- Light-shielding rubber sheet
- 2 Non-skid pads
- Instruction Manual
- Warranty form
- Registration form
Overview: The Nikon FSB-UC Digital Camera Bracket allows you to use a Nikon Coolpix camera with select Nikon Fieldscopes. This Digiscoping bracket connects the camera to the fieldscope like a super-telephoto lens for taking spectacular close-up images. In many cases, you can change camera batteries and recording media while the camera is mounted to the bracket. The bracket comes with a cable release to prevent camera shake, and a light-blocking rubber sheet to prevent external light from entering between the mount and camera lens.
Camera Compatibility: The FSB-UC is a universal-type Digiscoping bracket that is compatible to a wide variety of Nikon Coolpix compact digital cameras (as of March 2013):
- P Series: P6000, P5100, P5000, P330, P310*, and P300*
- S Series: S5200, S5100, S4400, S4300*, S4150*, S4100*, S4000, S3300*, S3100*, S3000, S2750, S2700, S2600*, S2500*, S710, S700, S640, S620, S610, S610c, S600, S570, S560, S520, S510, S500, S230, S220, S31, and S30*
- L Series: L28, L27, L26*, L25*, L23, L22, L21, L20, and L19
* Compatible with the Prostaff 5 Fieldscope Outfit sold by Crutchfield
Fieldscope Compatibility: The FSB-UC is compatible with the Prostaff 5 Fieldscopes 82, 82-A, 60, and 60-A using the SEP-25, SEP-38W, and SEP-20-60 eyepieces.
Possible Vignetting: Even with compatible cameras, there is the possibility that vignetting will occur, depending upon the subject and other shooting conditions. During operation, the camera position may become misaligned, requiring the repositioning procedure to be repeated.
Adjustments: The FSB-UC Digital Camera Bracket has numerous adjustments for precisely aligning and operating the camera and the fieldscope:
- Bracket Fixing Screw: Screws tightly to fix the bracket to the eyepiece of the fieldscope. The eyepiece bracket has projections around the exterior for attaching the light-shielding rubber sheet.
- Camera Position Screws: Screws and knobs adjust the camera position horizontally, vertically, backward and forward.
- Camera Support: The camera attaches at the 1/4" tripod mount, with a support arm to steady the camera from underneath.
- Cable Release: The included cable release is held in place above the camera's shutter release button. When the cable release is pressed, the shaft extends through the cable to press down the shutter release button to take the photograph. Using the cable release helps to prevent camera shake.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.