Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Use your F-mount NIKKOR lenses on your Nikon 1 series camera
Those F-mount NIKKOR lenses you've collected have a new home. This handy adapter for the popular Nikon 1 V1 and Nikon 1 J1 mirrorless interchangeable-lens hybrid cameras will allow you to use dozens of Nikon's best lenses for additional creative options.
There are a few details that we need to call to your attention, though. F-mount lenses mounted on the FT-1 adapter will have a crop factor of 2.7x. This means your 200mm lens will become a super-telephoto 540mm lens, and your wide-angle 24mm will suddenly be a portrait-friendly 65mm.
Good news: Vibration Reduction (VR) lenses will function as usual. And the Nikon 1's innovative Motion Snapshot mode will function once you've acquired focus with your AF-S lens. However, autofocus and auto exposure are supported with AF-S lenses only, and the focus mode must be set to AF-S (Single AF). The AF-area mode will be fixed at single-point with only the center focus point used. Also, the Nikon 1 camera's Smart Photo Selector feature will be disabled.
The FT-1 supports a wide variety of F-mount lenses, as noted in their lens compatibility chart.
- allows Nikon NIKKOR F-mount lenses to mount on Nikon 1 Series camera bodies
- allows autofocus/auto exposure only with AF-S lenses
- F-mount lenses mounted on the FT-1 will have a crop factor of 2.7x
- supports Vibration Reduction with VR lenses
- supports Motion Snapshot mode once focus is acquired
- Smart Photo Selector mode not supported
- requires firmware version 1.10 or higher
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Nikon FT-1 Mount Adapter Reviews
Average Customer Review:
can't use non Nikon F lens
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Not all non Nikon F lens can be used. quantary 70-300 worked only in manual mode. quantary 18-220 did not work in any mode. Needs firmware up grade to allow other lens.
Pros: Increased the telephoto range to 800.
Cons: Need for manual mode limits the usefullness in shooting wildlife.
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
The Ft1 has worked perfectly and it is a must purchase for anyone with Nikon afs lenses. Had to update the firmware for the camera then the FT-1. Focus is as fast and accurate as the lenses on my d5200 and with the extra reach from the Nikon small sensor getting bird captures with the 70-300mm Nikkor is a breeze. So far I have tried the sigma 150-500mm purchased in 2013, Nikkor 70-300mm, Nikkor 18-35 and 55-200 kit lenses and all have worked with OS and auto-focus.
Pros: Works with every lens and extension tube I have tried so far.
Cons: Must upgrade firmware in very specific steps.
What's in the box?
- FT1 mount adapter
- LF-N1000 Nikon 1 rear lens cap (installed)
- BF-1B Nikon F mount body cap (installed)
- User's Manual (12 languages)
- Compatible NIKKOR F Mount Lenses list
- Warranty Programs sheet
- "To Purchasers of the Nikon FT1 Mount Adapter" sheet
- Warning sheet concerning auto-focus issues
Overview: The Nikon FT1 Mount Adapter allows you to use certain F-Mount NIKKOR lenses (those designed for use with the Nikon D-SLR and SLR cameras) on the Nikon 1 V1 and J1 cameras. The FT1 attaches to the Nikon 1 V1 or J1 camera, then the F-Mount NIKKOR lens can be attached to the adapter.
Tripod Mount: The FT1 has an integrated threaded tripod mount on the bottom. This allows you to mount the V1/J1 camera by the mount adapter when a large F-Mount lens is attached. This gives the camera better balance, and prevents undue strain on the camera's lens mount.
Crop Factor: Nikon F-mount lenses mounted on the FT1 will have a crop factor of 2.7x. When used on a telephoto lens, such as a 300mm lens, the angle of view will be equivalent to that of an 800mm super telephoto lens.
Lens Functionality: When using an F-mount lens on an FT1-equipped Nikon 1-series camera, you can take advantage of the following functions:
- The Nikon V1/J1's high speed continuous shooting (10, 30, or 60 fps) can be fully utilized with an F-mount lens. Focus is locked with the first shot during continuous shooting.
- When used with a CPU lens, the [P], [S], [A], and [M] exposure modes can be used. The [A] and [M] exposure modes can be used with non-CPU lenses, with aperture specified using the aperture ring on the lens.
- The focus indicator (rangefinder) can be used with CPU lenses.
- Vibration Reduction (VR) functions normally when VR lenses are used. You can enable vibration reduction, or specify a setting, using the switches on the lens. The Normal/Active modes are supported when lenses equipped with these modes are used. VR functions in Normal mode when lenses not equipped with the Normal/Active modes are used.
- Auto Focus/Auto Exposure (AF/AE) are supported with AF-S lenses only. The focus mode must be set to AF-S (Single AF) and AF-area mode is fixed at Single-point with only the center focus point used.
- The Motion Snapshot mode is only possible when focus has been acquired with an AF-S lens.
- The Smart Photo Selector function cannot be used.
Camera Firmware: The Nikon FT1 mount adapter can only be used with camera firmware version A 1.10/B 1.10 or later. You should check your Nikon 1 V1 or J1 camera's firmware version before using the FT1. If the version displayed is not compatible, you should update the camera firmware via the Nikon website.
Compatibility: As of December 2011, there are 65 existing F-mount NIKKOR lenses supported by the FT1 Mount Adapter:
AF-S DX NIKKOR 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED
AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G IF-ED
AF-S NIKKOR 14-24mm f/2.8G ED
AF-S NIKKOR 16-35mm f/4G ED VR
AF-S Zoom-Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D IF-ED
AF Zoom-Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF-ED
AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G IF-ED
AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR
AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II
AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II
AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8G ED
AF-S Zoom-Nikkor 24-85mm f/2.8-4D IF
AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR
AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G IF-ED
AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED
AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II
AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED
AF Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4-5.6G
AF Zoom-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED
AF VR Zoom-Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D ED
AF-S NIKKOR 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II
AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED
AF Fisheye-Nikkor 16mm f/2.8D
AF Nikkor 14mm f/2.8D ED
AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D
AF-S NIKKOR 24mm f/1.4G ED
AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D
AF Nikkor 28mm f/2.8D
AF-S NIKKOR 35mm f/1.4G
AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G
AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D
AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G
AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D
AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G
AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D
AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.4G
AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D IF
AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D
AF DC-Nikkor 105mm f/2D
AF DC-Nikkor 135mm f/2D
AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D IF-ED
AF-S NIKKOR 200mm f/2G ED VR II
AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II
AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D IF-ED
AF-S NIKKOR 400mm f/2.8G ED VR
AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/4G ED VR
AF-S NIKKOR 600mm f/4G ED VR
AF-S DX Micro NIKKOR 40mm f/2.8G
AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8G ED
AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D
AF-S DX Micro NIKKOR 85mm f/3.5G ED VR
AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED
AF Micro-Nikkor 200mm f/4D IF-ED
PC-E Micro NIKKOR 45mm f/2.8D ED
PC-E Micro NIKKOR 85mm f/2.8D
Nikkor 28mm f/2.8
Nikkor 35mm f/1.4
Nikkor 50mm f/1.2
Nikkor 50mm f/1.4
Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/2.8
Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.