Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Chances are, if you've been stopped in your tracks by a picture of a landscape or a piece of architecture, like a bridge or a building, that shot was captured by a wide-angle lens. The same goes for big foreground objects where your sense of perspective seems enhanced. And when you have a lens that can deliver this and a more "normal" field of view simply by adjusting the zoom, well, having this lens in your camera bag just seems like a no-brainer. It's certainly a problem-solver when you're shooting in tight quarters, as a simple zoom adjustment will most likely gather what you want to see into the frame.
Of course this 6.7-13mm lens features the superb optics and fine build quality that denote a 1 Nikkor lens. It also offers vibration reduction for extra insurance against unwanted motion blur and is well-suited to gathering sharp, clear HD video.
- 6.7-13mm f/3.5-5.6 wide angle zoom lens with approximate 35mm equivalent of 18-35mm
- compatible with Nikon 1 Series digital cameras
- ideal for sweeping panoramas, architectural subjects, and interior photography
- aspherical lens elements and extra-low dispersion glass keep the lens sharp and free of color fringing
- minimum focus distance: 9.84"
- minimum aperture: f/16
- seven rounded-diaphragm aperture blades for smooth background defocusing
- filter/attachment size: 52mm
- lens is 2-1/4" in diameter and 2" long
- weight: 4.5 oz.
- warranty: 5 years with registration
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- front and rear lens caps
- lens hood
Nikon 6.7-13mm f/3.5-5.6 VR 1 Nikkor Reviews
What's in the box?
- 1 NIKKOR VR 6.7-13mm f/3.5-5.6 lens (silver)
- LC-N52 Front lens cap (installed)
- LF-N1000 Rear lens cap (installed)
- HB-N105 Lens hood
- User's Manual
- Warranty/Extended warranty sheet
- Notice regarding lens button
Features and Specs
|Maximum Aperture||F3.5 (W) - 5.6 (T)|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years w registration|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years w registration|
Overview: The Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 6.7-13mm f/3.5-5.6 lens is an ultra-wide-angle zoom lens, designed exclusively for Nikon 1 interchangeable lens format digital cameras, such as the J3, J2, J1, V2, V1, and S1. The focal length is equivalent to an 18-35mm in 35mm photography. It comes with the HB-N105 lens hood, LC-N52 snap-on 52mm front lens cap, and the LF-N1000 rear lens cap.
Retractable Lens Mechanism: The lens has a retractable mechanism that makes the lens more compact. Before the lens is ready to use, you must first press the zoom ring lock button and rotate the lens. The lens extends approximately 1/2" to 5/8" when in use.
Optics: The 6.7-13mm lens has 11 elements in 7 groups, including 3 aspherical lens elements and 3 ED lens elements. It is called an IF lens, as only the internal lens group shifts during focusing.
Diaphragm: The lens is equipped with a rounded 7-blade diaphragm to provide softly blurred backgrounds for portraits.
Vibration Reduction: The Nikon 1 VR 6.7-13mm lens has built-in Vibration Reduction lens technology that improves image stability by automatically compensating for camera shake.
- Type of Lens: Ultra wide-angle zoom
- Type of Mount: Nikon 1 mount
- Focal Length: 6.7-13mm (35mm equivalent: 18-35mm)
- Filter Diameter: 52mm
- Closest Focus Distance: 9.84" at all zoom positions
- Focusing Method: Auto focus or manually via focus ring
- Maximum Aperture: F3.5 (W) - 5.6 (T)
- Minimum Aperture: F16
- Lens Construction: 11 elements in 7 groups, including 3 aspherical lens elements and 3 ED lens elements
- Angle of View: 100°-63°
- Dimensions: Diameter=2.221", Length=1.958" (2.434" w/caps)
- Weight: approximately 4.5 ounces
Warranty Terms: Nikon offers a 1-year parts and labor warranty on this lens. An additional 4-year Extended Service Coverage is available at no charge if you register the product with Nikon within 10 days of purchase.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.