Overview: The Nikon Speedlight SB-N5 is an external flash unit
designed to be used with the Nikon interchangeable lens digital cameras with a
multi-accessory port, including the Nikon V1 camera. It can be used as i-TTL
auto flash or manual flash.
Power Requirements: The SB-N5 is powered through the camera's
multi-accessory port. It does not require batteries.
Angle Options: The flash can be angled both horizontally and
vertically at various positions:
- Vertical: Rotates upward from 90° from horizontal (straight
ahead), with stops at 60°, 75° and 90° (straight up)
- Horizontal: Rotates 180° left and right, with stops at 0°
(straight ahead), 30°, 60°, 75°, 90°, 120°, 150°, and 180° (straight
Flash Exposure Control: The SB-N5 can operate in the following modes
using camera controls: Fill Flash (Front-curtain Sync), Front-curtain Slow-sync,
Rear-curtain sync, Rear-curtain Slow-sync, and Flash compensation.
Constant Light Source: In addition to performing as a flash, the SB-N5
can act as a constant light source, illuminating for about six seconds during
buffering in Smart Photo Selector and Motion Snapshot modes (used with
compatible cameras with these features)
Specifications: The Speedlight SB-N5 has the following specifications:
- Electronic Construction: Automatic Insulated Gate Bipolar
Transistor (IGBT) and series circuitry
- Guide Number: 8.5/27.9 (ISO 100, m/ft), 12/39.4 (ISO 200, m/ft)
- Effective Flash Range (i-TTL): 2' to 66' (varies with ISO
sensitivity, bounce angle, and aperture
- Flash Duration: 1/4000 sec at full power
- Dimensions: Flash at 90°: Width=1.968", Height=2.804",
Depth=1.54", Weight=2.5 oz.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.