Overview: The AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E III is a precision optical
accessory, mounted between the camera body and the lens. It has a 2.0x optical
conversion factor, which effectively doubles the focal length of select compatible
Nikkor lenses. It is ideal for sports photography, wildlife photography,
surveillance, and more. The TC-20E III has the standard Nikon F-bayonet mount,
and is compatible with FX, DX, FX in DX crop mode, and 35mm film formats. A list
of compatible lenses can be found below.
Nikon Integrated Coating (IC): The TC-20E III has Nikon's integrated
coating which enhances light transmission efficiency, improves color
consistency, and reduces flare.
Autofocus: The TC-20E III allows auto focusing with most compatible
AF-S lenses, many with manual or auto priority. With some compatible lenses, though, auto focusing is not possible.
Focus assist may also be available in most situations.
Lens Construction: The teleconverter has 7 lens elements in
5 groups, including 1 aspherical lens element to eliminate coma and other
aberrations, especially at wide apertures. It is optimized for use with FX and
DX digital SLRs.
Exposure: The use of this teleconverter decreases the
effective aperture of the attached lens by two stops. With most AI-type cameras,
exposure is determined in the same manner as using the prime lens only. Exposure
cannot be determined with the G-type lens. For non-AI-type cameras, you will
need to perform the stop-down method to determine the proper exposure.
Compatible Lenses: The AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E III is compatible with
the following lenses:
- Compatible with no limitations:
- AF-S VR NIKKOR 200mm f/2G IF-ED
- AF-S VR NIKKOR 200mm f/2G IF-ED II
- AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II
- AF-S VR NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8G IF-ED
- AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8G IF-ED II
- AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8G IF-ED
- AF-I NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8D IF-ED
- AF-S NIKKOR 400mm f/2.8G ED VR
- AF-S NIKKOR 400mm f/2.8D IF-ED II
- AF-S NIKKOR 400mm f/2.8D IF-ED
- AF-I NIKKOR 400mm f/2.8D IF-ED
- AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II
- AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED
- AF-S Zoom-NIKKOR 80-200mm f/2.8D IF-ED
- AF-S NIKKOR 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6 ED VRII
- Compatible, but AutoFocus not possible:
- AF-S VR Micro-NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED
- AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4D IF-ED
- AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/4G ED VR
- AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/4D IF-ED II
- AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/4D IF-ED
- AF-I NIKKOR 500mm f/4D IF-ED
- AF-S NIKKOR 600mm f/4G ED VR
- AF-S NIKKOR 600mm f/4D IF-ED II
- AF-S NIKKOR 600mm f/4D IF-ED
- AF-I NIKKOR 600mm f/4D IF-ED
- AF-S NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E ED FL
- AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR 200-400mm f/4G IF-ED
- AF-S Zoom-NIKKOR 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere.
That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team — they open the box,
verify contents, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs.
We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.