Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
The Audio-Technica AT-LP120USB does more than just deliver warm, rich sound from your cherished vinyl records. It also includes a USB port that makes it a breeze to transfer that music to your computer for easy archiving. This turntable's high-torque, direct drive motor provides solid, quartz-controlled playback for LPs, 45s, and even those old 78s. A built-in, selectable phono preamp means you can connect the AT-LP120USB directly to almost any audio system.
DJs will also appreciate the impressive list of special playback options. You can set the pitch control feature to two different ranges (±10% or ±20%), for easier beat-match mixing. Reverse play lets you create cool sonic effects.
- high-torque direct drive motor
- built-in phono preamp with bypass switch
- selectable quartz-controlled speed lock
- playback at 33-1/3, 45, or 78 rpm (45 rpm adapter included)
- pitch control with selectable range (±10% or ±20%)
- forward or reverse play
- manual operation
- adjustable tracking force and anti-skating
- includes ATP-2 phono cartridge (frequency response 15-22,000 Hz)
- cast aluminum platter with slip mat
- removable, hinged dust cover
- includes Audacity recording software for PCs and Macs (requires a PC running Windows 98 or above; or a Mac running OS X 10.1 or later)
- minor assembly required
- wow & flutter: less than 0.2%
- 17-3/4"W x 6-1/4"H (16-1/4" with cover raised) x 14-1/2"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Audio-Technica AT-LP120USB Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Happy happy happy
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Great turn table, Very well built. unit will play all three speeds witch is hard to find. great instructions for the few parts that did need to be assembled. I don't think you can find a better unit any where near this price.
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
it has all three speeds I have a few 78s Built very well
What's in the box?
- Direct-drive turntable
- Cartridge (mounted in headshell)
- Stylus (mounted in cartridge)
- Slip mat
- Dust cover
- Dust cover hinges
- 45-RPM adapter
- 6' AC power cord
- 6' USB cable (USB type-A on one end and UBB type-B on the other)
- 10" Adapter cable (female left and right RCA jacks on one end and female mini-jack on the other)
- 36" Adapter cable (female left and right RCA jacks on one end and male mini-jack on the other)
- Audacity USB Recording And Sound Editing Software CD-ROM
- Installation and operation instructions (English/ French/ Spanish)
- Software guide booklet (English/ French/ Spanish)
Features and Specs
|Speeds||33-1/3, 45, 78|
|Pitch Control||10%, 20%|
|45 RPM Adapter||Yes|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||50|
|Wow and Flutter||0.2|
Overview: The Audio-Technica AT-LP120-USB is a direct drive, manual turntable and LP-to-Digital Recording System which includes everything you need to transfer your records to your computer, PC or Mac. There is a built-in switchable phono preamp that allows direct connection to your AV system via a Phono or standard line input. The turntable also features a rear-panel USB type-B port and comes supplied with a USB cable for connection to your computer. The included Audacity software allows you to record your LPs as MP3, WAV, AIFF, or Ogg Vorbis files to your computer for easy transfer to a portable player.
Built-in Switchable Preamp: Since the turntable includes a built-in phono preamp, you can connect the unit to an amplifier or receiver that does not have a phono preamp input without the use of an adapter. If your receiver does have a phono input, and you'd prefer to use it, a small switch on the rear chassis of the turntable disengages the built-in phono preamp.
Speed: The turntable will play at 33-1/3, 45, and 78 rpm. An adapter is included for playing 45 rpm records.
Quartz Locked Speed: This control toggles between the internal quartz locked reference speed and adjustable pitch.
Pitch Control: The pitch is adjusted using the large sliding level on the right of the platter. A button beside the Quartz Lock control switches between +/-10% and +/-20%, depending on how much pitch variation you want.
Direction: A button above the pitch control allows you to spin the platter backwards (play the record backwards).
Strobe: A red light illuminates the 33 rpm and 45 rpm platter markings on the left side of the platter for precise speed adjustment.
Platter: The AT-LP120-USB turntable features a cast aluminum platter for increased stability.
Tone Arm: The turntable also features a balanced tone arm with soft damping control for added accuracy.
MM Cartridge Included: The AT-LP120-USB features an Integral Dual Magnet stereo cartridge(ATP-2) with replaceable diamond stylus. When necessary, Audio-Technica recommends the stylus be replaced with the ATP-N2 stylus.
Audio Output: The turntable has a hardwired output cable with left and right RCA connectors. These connectors plug directly into your receiver or amplifier. Supplied stereo RCA-to-mini adapters let you connect the turntable to audio devices that feature a 3.5mm audio input.
USB Port: The AT-LP120-USB turntable features a USB type-B port on the rear-panel and comes supplied with a 6' USB cable for direct connection to your computer without the need for special drivers. The USB port and cable, along with the provided software allow you to transfer your LP tracks from the turntable to your computer for storage and transfer to a portable digital music player.
Audacity Software: The supplied Audacity Software CD-ROM is a free, easy-to-use audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, Unix, and other operating systems. You can use Audacity to do the following:
- Digitize recordings from vinyl records - level meters can monitor volume levels before, during, and after recording
- Import sound files, edit them, and combine them with other files or new recordings. Audacity supports the following common file formats - WAV, AIFF, Ogg Vorbis, and MP3. Audacity does not support WMA, AAC or most other proprietary or restricted file formats.
- Cut, copy, splice and mix sounds together.
Hardware: To use the supplied Audacity Software, your computer must meet these minimum system requirements:
- Mac: running OSX or above
- Windows: running Windows XP or above
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.